Thread: Gavin MacLeod,90

Gavin MacLeod,90

" I always like talking to people who are older. Of course, every year it gets harder to find them. " Fran Lebowitz

Aww... RIP Sir

He was interviewed on Gilbert Gottfried's podcast. He had wonderful things to say about Ted Knight, and just about everyone else EXCEPT Bette Davis! All he would say was that "there's a very good reason people don't invite Bette Davis to their home for dinner".

Turns out that Bette was lamenting to a mutual friend "No one invites me to their home for dinner anymore", so Gavin and his wife invited her. They served Chivas Regal, great food and the best caviar "which Bette consumed as if she hadn't eaten in several days". Bette then proceeded to verbally harass/pick on one of the other guests (no one understood why) and left early and fuming. Shortly afterward Bette made a point of mentioning in an interview the "horrible" time at the MacLeod's home. Gavin and his wife laughed and shrugged it off, saying "at least we got some publicity."

Here's the interview https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLEP5AAOgqw

Gavin was so well known for The Love Boat and the Mary Tyler Moore show, but we was quite active in the 1960s. He was a regular on McHale’s Navy and I remember seeing him on an episode of The Munsters with hair! I am sure that there is much more
    The reason a dog has so many friends is because he wags his tail instead of his tongue.

Sad to hear about his death.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

He is well known for Love Boat but I think he was better on MTM.