Thread: Helen McCrory

Helen McCrory

Just read on Sky News that the UK actress Helen McCrory has died at 52 after a long battle with Cancer.

Damien Lewis, her husband revealed the news on Twitter saying "I'm heartbroken to announce that after an heroic battle with cancer, the beautiful and mighty woman that is Helen McCrory has died peacefully at home, surrounded by a wave of love from friends and family,"

She is well known in the UK for numerous work on TV, Film and Stage but probably best known worldwide as Narcissa Malfoy in the Harry Potter Movie series and Polly Shelby in Peaky Blinders.

She had been married to Homeland & Billions actor Damien since 2007 and they had two children.

She was made an OBE for services to drama in 2017 and also did a lot of work for charity, the most recent being the FEEDNHS campaign which worked to make sure NHS staff were taken care off during the initial COVID outbreak.

They are in the middle of making Peaky Blinders S6 now and it genuinely won't be the same without her.

R.I.P Helen.

I had no idea she had been ill. A great actress in so many films and shows, she was wonderful in Penny Dreadful. RIP Helen.
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

Quote Originally Posted by shellc View Post
    Just read on Sky News that the UK actress Helen McCrory has died at 52 after a long battle with Cancer.

Damien Lewis, her husband revealed the news on Twitter saying "I'm heartbroken to announce that after an heroic battle with cancer, the beautiful and mighty woman that is Helen McCrory has died peacefully at home, surrounded by a wave of love from friends and family,"

She is well known in the UK for numerous work on TV, Film and Stage but probably best known worldwide as Narcissa Malfoy in the Harry Potter Movie series and Polly Shelby in Peaky Blinders.

She had been married to Homeland & Billions actor Damien since 2007 and they had two children.

She was made an OBE for services to drama in 2017 and also did a lot of work for charity, the most recent being the FEEDNHS campaign which worked to make sure NHS staff were taken care off during the initial COVID outbreak.

They are in the middle of making Peaky Blinders S6 now and it genuinely won't be the same without her.

R.I.P Helen.
    Sad to hear about her death, in that anyone else who died that was younger
    then me.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.