Thread: Nikki Grahame, Big Brother Contestant

Nikki Grahame, Big Brother Contestant

Reality TV star Nikki Grahame, who rose to fame as a contestant on Big Brother, has died at the age of 38. She had been suffering from anorexia.
    Grahame, originally from Northwood in London, appeared on the seventh series of Big Brother in 2006 and quickly became one of the show's most recognizable contestants, complete with her own catchphrase that was born when she shouted "who is she?" repeatedly in the diary room.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/big-...171408382.html

I have never watched the show and don't know who she was, but anorexia is a horrible thing to have.
    No More Stolen Sisters.

Heard of the show, but never watched and never heard of her. Sad ending. RIP

It it sad Cindy, there is a girl on youtube, that has many many followers and she is anorexic and is slowly killing herself she went in for treatment was doing fine and now is back to starving herself, I never saw Big Brother either, nor heard of her, but I figure some of the UK members on here might know of her or the show.
    No More Stolen Sisters.

Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    It it sad Cindy, there is a girl on youtube, that has many many followers and she is anorexic and is slowly killing herself she went in for treatment was doing fine and now is back to starving herself, I never saw Big Brother either, nor heard of her, but I figure some of the UK members on here might know of her or the show.
    The girl you are talking about is Eugenia Conny who goes by DearEugenia on YT. Rather than use the platform to show how devastating the illness can be, it's used to glorify it and while there are some comments that are worried about her and begging her to get help, so many more are bemoaning the fact they are are jealous of how thin she is and how they wish they could be that skinny. People have been trying for a few years to get the channel closed but because it earns them money, unsurprisingly, they turn a blind eye. What's worse is it is well known that rather than try and get her help, her mother is more interested in what her YT fame can get her and urges her on to do the things she does.

Nikki was on BB back in S7. She was one of the stand outs because of her diva like behaviour. She was evicted early on but was allowed back in and lasted until the end. It was during her time on the show that the media reported about her dealing with Anorexia since she was a child and many questioned about whether or not she should have been allowed on the show because of it. After leaving, she ended up on a few foreign versions of it including the ultimate BB here in the UK a few years ago. She also had a reality show and released two books about her life which went into detail about her struggles.

For the most part of the last few years, she wasn't really heard about until a few months ago when it became clear she wasn't dealing well with the lockdown. Her mother said in an interview that if she wanted to eat, she needed to know there was somewhere she could exercise and with the gyms being shut she didn't have many choices. It was revealed soon after she was gonna go to a clinic in a last bid effort with her mother starting a gofund me for her but it didn't really get much support.

People knew she was ill but it was still a surprise to hear she had died especially at such a young age. Hopefully some good will come from this like when Jade Goody another BB contestant died from cervical cancer which lead to a huge campaign to get people checking themselves and going to the doctors as soon as possible if they did find something. In the ideal scenario, people dealing with anorexia will see what happened to Nikki and figure out they need help before they end up the way she did but with so many people championing it online, it's anyone's guess what will happen.
    The Monsters in your head, are often scarier than the ones under your bed.

Yes I knew her name was Eugenia, I just didn't want to shout it out here, you can't force someone to get help if they don't want it, her mother has probably talked to her, used to watch Eugenia back in the day and when people would make a comment about please eat something she would make up an excuse saying she has a fast metabolism and that she does eat. She has probably lied to her mother saying that she is eating or that she will eat later. It's a shame that girls and women cannot love themselves for who they are but it all goes back to society and the models and the influencers and such telling us to lose weight if we are overweight or just barely past our weight by five or ten pounds, we have society also telling us your too thin, eat more, it's a never ending cycle and won't end until women start loving themselves and ignoring what society says and demands, it won't end until we have people not fat shame, body shame, thin shame, and accept people for who they are.
    No More Stolen Sisters.