Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: Prince Philip, 99

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    S.E. Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    427

    Prince Philip, 99

    Let's see how Harry and Me-gain fuck this up. Of course, THEY won't complain about slights, real or imagined. We'll need to pay attention to their various mouthpieces, like Gayle King for all of the details. Maybe Me-gain will stay in CA. After all, she is preggers. Flying from CA to the UK would tire out anyone.

    Philip's maternal grandmother was a sister of Alexandra, wife of Tsar Nicholas II. In 1991 Philip donated DNA to compare to that of Anna Anderson, proving once and for all that she was not Anastasia. Anderson was dead by this point and cremated. Several years prior to her death, surgery was performed on Anderson and some tissue samples were taken. These samples were preserved and used for the DNA testing. Philip's DNA was also used to identify the female skeletal remains found outside of Ekaterinberg as Alexandra and three of her daughters.

    Candidate for last photo taken: dated 3/16/2021.






    https://www.cnbc.com/2021/04/09/prin...at-age-99.html


    https://www.royal.uk/


    It is with deep sorrow that Her Majesty The Queen announces the death of her beloved husband, His Royal Highness The Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh.His Royal Highness passed away peacefully this morning at Windsor Castle.Further announcements will be made in due course.The Royal Family join with people around the world in mourning his loss.Friday, 9 April 2021



  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    824
    Shame he didn't make it to 100 - he would have got a card from the Queen LOL . RIP Prince Phillip .

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Dawg Town
    Posts
    36,163

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    3,933
    I was hoping he would make it to 100. Sad day for the UK. RIP Sir.
    " I always like talking to people who are older. Of course, every year it gets harder to find them. " Fran Lebowitz

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    San Diego CA
    Posts
    6,270
    RIP Sir.
    No More Stolen Sisters.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Dawg Town
    Posts
    36,163
    I was born on his birthday.

    RIP Sir

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Southern Indiana
    Posts
    4,057
    Had a feeling this was going to happen. RIP.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    8,499
    I've had my fingers crossed since he turned 99 that he would make it until June. RIP Prince Philip - what a guy.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,719
    So true what they say: only the good die young.
    This racist old fool lived a long life of 99 is sad.
    (should of died years ago)
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    1,318
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave62 View Post
    Let's see how Harry and Me-gain fuck this up. Of course, THEY won't complain about slights, real or imagined. We'll need to pay attention to their various mouthpieces, like Gayle King for all of the details. Maybe Me-gain will stay in CA. After all, she is preggers. Flying from CA to the UK would tire out anyone.

    Philip's maternal grandmother was a sister of Alexandra, wife of Tsar Nicholas II. In 1991 Philip donated DNA to compare to that of Anna Anderson, proving once and for all that she was not Anastasia. Anderson was dead by this point and cremated. Several years prior to her death, surgery was performed on Anderson and some tissue samples were taken. These samples were preserved and used for the DNA testing. Philip's DNA was also used to identify the female skeletal remains found outside of Ekaterinberg as Alexandra and three of her daughters.

    Candidate for last photo taken: dated 3/16/2021.


    https://www.cnbc.com/2021/04/09/prin...at-age-99.html


    https://www.royal.uk/


    It is with deep sorrow that Her Majesty The Queen announces the death of her beloved husband, His Royal Highness The Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh.His Royal Highness passed away peacefully this morning at Windsor Castle.Further announcements will be made in due course.The Royal Family join with people around the world in mourning his loss.Friday, 9 April 2021


    There were whisperings even when he was in the hospital that it was a case of it being soon which was seemingly confirmed today when many said they were told in the hospital it could be anytime. My only issue with Harry & Meghan regarding this is they knew he didn't have long left so they could have put off the interview for a while. They seemed to have a soft spot for him and the Queen so they could have let it slide for a while knowing soon she would have to deal with mourning her husband. Harry could have at least tried to come back and see him with or without Meghan. He is coming back for the funeral but who knows about Meghan. She technically could still fly at the moment and in my opinion, if she is genuine about wanting peace, this could be a good olive branch but whether it happens or not, I guess we will see.



    Quote Originally Posted by theotherlondon View Post
    So true what they say: only the good die young.
    This racist old fool lived a long life of 99 is sad.
    (should of died years ago)
    He did do some good but it was blighted by that part of him. For example he was bigging up conservationalism long before it became a big issue and he did start the award scheme but that won't be what many remember him for.

    It happened so often happened that it got to the stage that if a poc was meeting him, they would genuinely be on tenterhooks waiting to see if he said something. A good example was a few years ago at a Royal Variety performance, a dance group called Diversity performed and for the most part they are all poc. The leader of the group Ashley was actually giddy over the fact whether Phillip would say something and right enough when it came time to do the M&G, he asked Ashley if the group were all part of the same family.
    The Monsters in your head, are often scarier than the ones under your bed.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    San Diego CA
    Posts
    6,270
    Quote Originally Posted by theotherlondon View Post
    So true what they say: only the good die young.
    This racist old fool lived a long life of 99 is sad.
    (should of died years ago)
    If that were true then a friend of mine wouldn't have died , and neither would a few people I know, that saying is bull crap.
    Last edited by pkstracy; 04-19-2021 at 12:13 PM.
    No More Stolen Sisters.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Southern Indiana
    Posts
    4,057
    Loved the black horses.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    3,933
    I watched the highlights last evening, beautifully done. The choir of only four people was amazing.
    " I always like talking to people who are older. Of course, every year it gets harder to find them. " Fran Lebowitz

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    1,318
    Quote Originally Posted by Mansfield67 View Post
    I watched the highlights last evening, beautifully done. The choir of only four people was amazing.
    He seemingly preplanned a lot of it a while back so they didn't have that much to do. I felt for the Queen. You would think they would have someone beside her rather than have her being on her own. Queen or not, she is in her 90s and they had had been married for 70+ years.

    When it was at it's worst here in the UK, certain undertakers made allowances during funerals even though they weren't supposed to so you would think now things have opened up again, it would have been okay just this once.
    The Monsters in your head, are often scarier than the ones under your bed.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Dawg Town
    Posts
    36,163
    Quote Originally Posted by shellc View Post
    He seemingly preplanned a lot of it a while back so they didn't have that much to do. I felt for the Queen. You would think they would have someone beside her rather than have her being on her own. Queen or not, she is in her 90s and they had had been married for 70+ years.

    When it was at it's worst here in the UK, certain undertakers made allowances during funerals even though they weren't supposed to so you would think now things have opened up again, it would have been okay just this once.
    I would think so too, but maybe she insisted upon being alone.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Sunny skeggy
    Posts
    96
    Love him or hate him but Prince Philip will be sadly missed no one will be able to match up to his goof ups or his never ending loyalty to the queen & his family.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •