Thread: Anne Beatts, SNL writer and creator of "Square Pegs", 74

Anne Beatts, SNL writer and creator of "Square Pegs", 74

She wrote for SNL's beginning and was great at it. Still love "Square Pegs", too.

https://twitter.com/catherine_lucey/...37121039429633

RIP
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Square Pegs was a fave of mine. RIP Anne.
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

Quote Originally Posted by Mansfield67 View Post
    Square Pegs was a fave of mine. RIP Anne.
    I also remember that show, sad to hear about her death.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

This got me thinking about “Square Pegs” and what happened to “the other” actress who didn’t get as famous as Sarah Jessica Parker. Amy Meredith Linker is findable on Facebook (and appears to be gorgeous), has acted on-and-off and is a community therapist in the SoCA area. Kewl.

”Square Pegs” was only 1 season, 1982-83 (apparently the girls and other minors were involved in sex and drugs, so everything got shut down). 20 episodes! Especially for that era, I would see that as a testimony to Beatts’ outstanding writing. RIP.

Quote Originally Posted by MirrorDimly View Post
    This got me thinking about “Square Pegs” and what happened to “the other” actress who didn’t get as famous as Sarah Jessica Parker. Amy Meredith Linker is findable on Facebook (and appears to be gorgeous), has acted on-and-off and is a community therapist in the SoCA area. Kewl.

”Square Pegs” was only 1 season, 1982-83 (apparently the girls and other minors were involved in sex and drugs, so everything got shut down). 20 episodes! Especially for that era, I would see that as a testimony to Beatts’ outstanding writing. RIP.
    So true.

my dad used to hide national lampoon magazines in his room and i would get into them (i was about 8 or 9) and read them. there were boobs for sure, musta been why he hid them (under the bed???!!!). i started collecting them in my teens and at one point had around 75-100 of them! i remember anne beatts work in the magazine. so many of those guys have died.

8. 10-13-2021, 02:27 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Lush View Post
    my dad used to hide national lampoon magazines in his room and i would get into them (i was about 8 or 9) and read them. there were boobs for sure, musta been why he hid them (under the bed???!!!). i started collecting them in my teens and at one point had around 75-100 of them! i remember anne beatts work in the magazine. so many of those guys have died.
    I used to hide my Playboy magazines in my bedroom, so I can understand your Dad.