Thread: Reflections on 2020

Reflections on 2020

I call it the year that never happened. I retired in December of 2019 and figured I would just relax and enjoys the holidays which I did. All the plans I had made for said retirement went out the window.
    I decided to quit smoking, then the virus hit and that never happened. I smoke more then ever ! I don't drink or do drugs and it keeps my nerves and anxiety levels down so I am not going to feel bad about it ! Lol.
    My four month trip to England and beyond.. cancelled.
    My mid summer trip to Prince Edward Island.. cancelled.
    I have learned how to get in and out of a store in record time, rarely forgetting anything.. but still I hate it, I like to doddle !
    Talking to people six feet away wearing a mask.. YOUR GOING TO HAVE TO SPEAK UP !
    My mother passing away, she had a wonderful life and I look at it as a blessing that she does not have to go though this shit anymore. None of us should. The government is loving having control. Too bad THEY don't follow the rules. Rules for thee, but not for me. If I'm not going, neither are you ! Lucky for me I like my solitude and enjoy my own company so It worked for me being in lock down.

I have gone through every emotion, anxiety, fear, depression, sometimes all at once ! So, on this last day of 2020 I am thinking I made it and I am grateful for my family and friends and we have seen each other through this and we will keep calm and carry on !
    Your thoughts on this year?
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

It sucked!!!!

I'd like to say it was a shit show, but that might be censored?

There WAS good for me. Moved for a fresh start, new job with same company making more money 3 weeks after i moved, and as of 6 weeks ago I may have met someone. *Blushes*
    "Tequila may not be the answer, but it's worth a shot."

"I just go here!"

"I am not psychic. I AM psychotic. BIG difference."

Wonderful news Ria, good luck with that new someone ! And there has been good for me also, my sense of humor never failed. It kept me going. And Trump is going, what could be better !
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

Reflections on this year, a lot of changes by how things are done, not done, shortages, unemployment skyhigh, a joke in the white house, loss, tears, joy, pain, fear, confirmation, validation, education.