Thread: Charlie Pride 86. Covid complications.

Charlie Pride 86. Covid complications.

Covid contributes to another one.

http://www.cmt.com/news/1828520/char...iTtnkcCJfE3CYM

Charlie Pride

I got a notification on my phone he has died of Covid at 86. RIP Sorry did a search. Someone beat me out to post while I typed.

Oh no!!

People are questioning if he caught it last month at the CMAs as unlike other award shows which are virtual, they had an actual audience.

I would not doubt it. It's on them if that is the case. RIP Charley.
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

I, too, also wondered if he had possibly caught it while in Nashville at the CMAs. I'm shocked that they even had the awards shows with an audience as badly as COVID-19 is raging!!

RIP, Charley!!! You'll now be able to hopefully "Kiss An Angel Good Morning" for eternity.
    "Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's Heaven on Earth" - Mark Twain

Those in charge of the CMAs have brought out a statement saying it wasn't their fault. They say he was tested before going to Nashville, again when he landed and once more on the showday and all tests were negative. He was then tested again several times after he went back home to Texas and they too were all negative.

They are covering their bases. You just have to look at photos or video of the show, no one is wearing masks or social distancing all that much. They were slammed for that in the media.
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

Quote Originally Posted by lulubaines View Post
    I got a notification on my phone he has died of Covid at 86. RIP Sorry did a search. Someone beat me out to post while I typed.
    True, just a very sad death.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Mansfield67 View Post
    They are covering their bases. You just have to look at photos or video of the show, no one is wearing masks or social distancing all that much. They were slammed for that in the media.
    Quite a few people who were there are tweeting about it including Maren Morris & Mickey Guyton so it does look like there is something to it, more so with how quick the CMAs were to deny it as well as them trying to put a line under it. I've seen quite a few people say they tested negative multiple times then found out they had it a couple of days later. I wonder if that was the case here?

I think it might be the case, a few were testing positive a few hours before the show went on. You think that would be a warning sign to shut it down.

I was not a fan of his, but this man did the impossible at a time when it could have cost him his life. Brave man, talented man.