Thread: Dame Barbara Windsor, 83

Dame Barbara Windsor, 83

I remember her from the Carry On Films, she was also on Eastenders. Poor soul had Alzheimer's. TCM showed the Carry On films a few years ago. Originally I watched out them of mild curiosity, having read about them (especially Carry On Cleo which used the costumes and sets from Fox's abandoned attempt to make Cleopatra in the cold, damp UK). I really enjoyed the CO films (most of them, anyway) and Barbara was quite good.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-55269649
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...es-age-83.html

She was always great in the Carry On films and on Eastenders. I watched a bio film on her a couple of years ago called Babs. She had quite the life. RIP.
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

Quote Originally Posted by Mansfield67 View Post
    She was always great in the Carry On films and on Eastenders. I watch a bio film on her a couple of years ago called Babs. She had quite the life. RIP.
    Sad to hear about her death, I also enjoyed her on Eastenders and
    the Carry on films.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Mansfield67 View Post
    She was always great in the Carry On films and on Eastenders. I watch a bio film on her a couple of years ago called Babs. She had quite the life. RIP.
    You are used to hearing about celebs dying but every so often one comes along that really gets you. That's what's happened with Barbara. You knew it was coming as she had been going downhill fast but it was still a shock to hear.

She really was a national treasure whether it was running from Sid in the Carry On films or telling people to 'Get Outta My Pub!' on Eastenders and she will be missed. R.I.P. Babs.

I grew up watching her in those films. It's like losing an old friend.
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    Thank You, this is a nice photo.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.