Thread: Sean Connery

cyberslammer Guest

My favorite actor for years. RIP

Rest in peace 007.

RIP handsome man.

Buried, not burned.
    RIP, 007.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

Oh hell. Not expecting this. RIP
    Pecunia Loquitur Taurus Cacas Ambulat

Best Bond, good post Bond, but now free to inflict an innocent unsuspecting public with his native Scottish accent, and not for comic effect! Oh well, at least his wasn't as irritating as Greg Ferguson's, but still... RIP

Sean was my grandad's milkman back in the day. He didn't really have many stories apart from the fact that even before Bond, he was handy with his fists and people knew not to get on the wrong side of him.

Secondly, he came for a visitback to Edinburgh in the mid 90s and as my mother worked beside the place he was visiting, although they weren't allowed to officially meet him, their bosses let allowed them in to see what was going on. Her supervisor Nan had been a fan for years and even though she was in her late 70s, she didn't let it stop her doing what she wanted. In this case, she managed to not only get past the cordon and security, she also managed to rush over and throw her arms around him. Luckily, he took it in his stride and talked to her as well as signing an autograph.

R.I.P.
    Last edited by Shellie; 10-31-2020 at 11:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shellc View Post
    Sean was my grandad's milkman back in the day. He didn't really have many stories apart from the fact that even before Bond, he was handy with his fists and people knew not to get on the wrong side of him.

Secondly, he came for a visitback to Edinburgh in the mid 90s and as my mother worked beside the place he was visiting, although they weren't allowed to officially meet him, they were allowed to watch Her supervisor Nan had been a fan for years and even though she was in her late 70s, she didn't let it stop her doing what she wanted. In this case, she managed to get past the cordon and security, rush over and throw her arms around him. Luckily, he took it in his stride and talked to her as well as signing an autograph.

R.I.P.
    Very cool info - thanks for sharing.

So sad to hear of Sean Connery's death my favorite James Bond for sure. Loved him in the film Marnie too. RIP

Sad to hear about his death, but he was also a deeply flawed
    man.
    In a 1960s playboy interview he said: I don't think there is anything
    particularly wrong about hitting a woman.
    Also in 1993 he said in Vanity Fair magazine: an open handed slap
    is justifed women they need a smack.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by theotherlondon View Post
    man.
    Apparently he still felt that way in the early 2000's. If I were a woman and he slapped me he would find himself having his dislocated jaw wired shut.
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

man.
    Dare say anything about it though and you are called out for being disrespectful. It pisses me off so much that the minute someone dies, they are made into a saint and everything they did wrong seems to be forgotten and/or forgiven.

cyberslammer Guest
    man.

If she doesn't make you a sandwich, backhand.

On Kelly and Ryan there was a big to-do about Alex Trebek but worldwide star Sean wasn't mentioned, while AOC and Jake Tapper warn Trump supporters about them being outed to employers unless they keep quiet. The witch hunt is now in pursuit of his public. Connection: Sean and Trump's public not woke.
    Last edited by MurkyWaters; 11-09-2020 at 03:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shellc View Post
    Dare say anything about it though and you are called out for being disrespectful. It pisses me off so much that the minute someone dies, they are made into a saint and everything they did wrong seems to be forgotten and/or forgiven.
    Un-like Sean Connery I would never say it's OK
    to hit a women.

Murky Keep the politics in the politics thread, this is about Sean Connery not Trump or AOC. They have nothing to do with his death.

to hit a women.
    Scary thing is I have seen so many saying they agreed with him. One even used some weird ass maths making the excuse that it wasn't his fault and 'you have to remember he did play Bond so that might have had something to do with it'.

Simply an iconic actor. Men wanted to be him, women wanted to be with him.

cyberslammer Guest
    to hit a women.

So if a woman hits you upside the head for no reason you're not fighting back?

Sorry women want equal rights, they have the equal right to get taken to the brickyard if they hit first.

Quote Originally Posted by cyberslammer View Post

Sorry women want equal rights, they have the equal right to get taken to the brickyard if they hit first.
    Nope, is wrong I don't think Sean Connery wife every tried
    to hit him.

Quote Originally Posted by cyberslammer View Post

I'm going to call that a "progressive attitude" in the same sense that some social or political philosophies are now called "progressive".
    And no, I wouldn't hit a woman even if she smacks me upside the head.
    If she initiates a full blown attack with repeated blows then I might have to clock her just to stop her, provided I can't just restrain her to make her stop.

There's a bit of a difference between saying you don't see anything particularly wrong with hitting a woman, and saying that you think it's OK to beat up women.
    If anyone has a link to that interview I'd love to read it - I suspect we're missing some context here.

Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post
    I'm going to call that a "progressive attitude" in the same sense that some social or political philosophies are now called "progressive".
    And no, I wouldn't hit a woman even if she smacks me upside the head.
    If she initiates a full blown attack with repeated blows then I might have to clock her just to stop her, provided I can't just restrain her to make her stop.

There's a bit of a difference between saying you don't see anything particularly wrong with hitting a woman, and saying that you think it's OK to beat up women.
    If anyone has a link to that interview I'd love to read it - I suspect we're missing some context here.
    Here is the question:

PLAYBOY: How do you feel about roughing up a woman, as Bond sometimes has to do?

CONNERY: I don't think there is anything particularly wrong about hitting a woman ... although I don't recommend doing it in the same way that you'd hit a man. An openhanded slap is justified ... if all other alternatives fail and there has been plenty of warning. If a woman is a bitch, or hysterical, or bloody-minded continually, then I'd do it. I think a man has to be slightly advanced, ahead of the woman. I really do ... by virtue of the way a man is built, if nothing else. But I wouldn't call myself sadistic. I think one of the appeals that Bond has for women, however, is that he is decisive, cruel even. By their nature women aren't decisive ... "Shall I wear this? Shall I wear that?" ... and along comes a man who is absolutely sure of everything and he's a godsend. And, of course, Bond is never in love with a girl and that helps. He always does what he wants, and women like that. It explains why so many women are crazy about men who don't give a rap for them.

The full Playboy Interview is here:

http://conduitcut.blogspot.com/2012/...-nov-1965.html

Thank you, I will read it shortly.
    Just judging from that excerpt, it sounds like he must have just completed one of those advanced male sensitivity training workshops that were all the rage back in the 60's.

Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post
    Thank you, I will read it shortly.
    Just judging from that excerpt, it sounds like he must have just completed one of those advanced male sensitivity training workshops that were all the rage back in the 60's.
    Nope, he was a big time jerk who hated women.