Thread: Tony Lewis, 62, lead singer of The Outfield

Tony Lewis, 62, lead singer of The Outfield

Love the song "Your Love". RIP.

Damn, RIP.
    I think I heard that song two or three times back in the day before I realized it wasn't The Police.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post
    Damn, RIP.
    I think I heard that song two or three times back in the day before I realized it wasn't The Police.
    I thought they were a Police clone back then, and dismissed them. But I think their music aged well, and is respected today. Remember the Bounce commercial a few years ago, that parodied "Your Love" singing about getting out wrinkles? Anyway RIP Mr. Lewis.

Your Love was a great 1980s song. RIP.

Not to be too Death-Haggy, but I’ve dug around to see about cause of death (to me, 62 is too young).
    Several news outlets have reported that the actual date of his passing isn’t clear, and that no cause of death has been announced, but that it was “unexpected” (uh oh).

He was only 28 years old when “Your Love” was a hit. I don’t remember ever seeing a music video or knowing what the band even looked like until now. Seems he had the handsome boyishness of Paul McCartney (and was similar also in the lead vocal/bassist category).

(In the 80’s, radio rotation of hits would play a song up to 3 times per hour!...seems crazy now...plus, it was not always a Billboard #1...many songs with that heavy rotation, making them indelible in our brains even decades later, may have only gotten up to #8 or lower on the charts...interesting.)
    "We've had threads about guys fucking picnic tables, animals and dead bodies. Third boob ain't going to stop a damn thing." - cleanskull