Thread: Ruth Bader Ginsburg, 87

Ruth Bader Ginsburg, 87

Last edited by cash; 09-18-2020 at 04:36 PM.

RIP Ma'am.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

RIP, Justice G.
    87 isn't a bad run, although it doesn't seem as great as it did 20 years ago.

"Justice G" would have been a pretty cool name if she had done one of those late-in-life career changes.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

RIP Ma'am

A sad day for America and Democracy...RIP RBG

A great lady, and a tireless advocate for rights for all. Bless her. RIP.
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

RIP.

Her life story is astounding. Her fights for women's rights, racial equality, Roe vs. Wade, and so many more before being nominated, monumental. I will always admire the Notorious RBG and her supportive husband during a time when many husbands were opposed to their wives being independent thinkers and activists.

My favorite quote of hers has nothing to do with the law. During an interview, she was asked if she was offended by her nickname (the Notorious RBG) sounding so much like that of a "disreputable" rapper (Notorious BIG). Her response? "Why should I be offended? We're both from the same place." Classic and to the point just like she was.

She also worked out with a trainer every day. That I learned from a documentary, as well as the quote above.

It's hard to decide which I love most: all of that or the letter she dictated to her niece to write shortly before her death. It states that she thinks it will most benefit the American people if nominations to fill her spot on the bench be made after the upcoming election. The court will not be resuming session until afterward. She also always put us first, so I hope her request is honored.

I have to think whichever party holds the White House under these circumstances would try their best to push their choice through.
    It seems kind of nuts to me that anyone would expect otherwise.

NPR reported today that Trump has nominated three women, but no names were given. So many possible jokes, so little time.

Quote Originally Posted by SomeChick View Post
    NPR reported today that Trump has nominated three women, but no names were given. So many possible jokes, so little time.
    Two names I heard are Amy Coney Barrett and Barbara Lagoa.
    Not surprisingly, Stormy Daniels is not on the list, she sort of blew her chances a while back.
    Lagoa is hispanic and has served on the Florida Supreme Court, that lends her some qualifications, and could be a big plus to Trump in Florida and beyond.

Biden says that Trump's move to replace RBG is "an abuse of power", and he pledges to nominate a black woman.
    If any President has the legal authority to do what they're doing under these circumstances, I don't see how that can be called an abuse of power, no matter how upsetting it may be to the other party.

And Joe has already run the "black + woman" filter to select a candidate, I think he needs to mix it up.
    We need to select someone who is extraordinarily tall (yet height-weight proportionate), or maybe someone with really nice hair.
    Or both.
    Tall people with nice hair really stand out, the importance of which cannot be overstated.

Do you know what the minimum qualifications are for being a Supreme Court Justice?
    Apparently, there are none.

Trump could nominate a family friend or a family member, Joe could stop any black woman (or any exceptionally tall person with nice hair) walking down the street and ask if they're interested in a job. I'd say we need to add some qualifications for such a position, but with as fractured as we are right now; there could never be an agreement all the way around.

Another news story indicates that Pelosi says that the Dems may use impeachment against either Trump or Barr in order to stall or derail confirming a new justice.
    If they have sufficient cause and evidence to impeach either of those guys, they need to be going about it no matter what happens with the SCOTUS.

This is going to be the most screwed up election imaginable.
    I work in the mailing industry, I know well how the mail moves.
    There will be God only knows how many lawsuits over late ballots and missing ballots, lawsuits over ballots that get mangled during processing and appear to be tampered with, incomplete ballots that one side wants counted and the other wants tossed, etc.
    The "hanging chad" spectacle of a few years ago may look desirable compared to what we're likely to see in this one.

cyberslammer Guest
    Hope the millions of aborted babies she had a hand in block her entry into heaven and toss her wrinkled old ass into the depths of hell.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	iEB8G41.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	28.8 KB 
ID:	55056
    Last edited by cyberslammer; 09-22-2020 at 03:55 PM.

Her life story is astounding. Her fights for women's rights, racial equality, Roe vs. Wade, and so many more before being nominated, monumental. I will always admire the Notorious RBG and her supportive husband during a time when many husbands were opposed to their wives being independent thinkers and activists.

My favorite quote of hers has nothing to do with the law. During an interview, she was asked if she was offended by her nickname (the Notorious RBG) sounding so much like that of a "disreputable" rapper (Notorious BIG). Her response? "Why should I be offended? We're both from the same place." Classic and to the point just like she was.

She also worked out with a trainer every day. That I learned from a documentary, as well as the quote above.

It's hard to decide which I love most: all of that or the letter she dictated to her niece to write shortly before her death. It states that she thinks it will most benefit the American people if nominations to fill her spot on the bench be made after the upcoming election. The court will not be resuming session until afterward. She also always put us first, so I hope her request is honored.
    Very well said, could of not said it better myself.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by cyberslammer View Post
    Hope the millions of aborted babies she had a hand in block her entry into heaven and toss her wrinkled old ass into the depths of hell.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	iEB8G41.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	28.8 KB 
ID:	55056
    Great pic.

She was a nice old Marxist, even Scalia was hypnotized, by her personality, not her latter day policies which have emboldened Antifa and BLM into a homicidal frenzy.
    Last edited by MurkyWaters; 09-22-2020 at 06:36 PM.

Captain Ruth Pike. Well done.

I'm tall and have been told my hair is epic; however, I will refuse nomination due to my work and administrationating this place encompassing the total amount of laws and rules I wish to have memorized. Instead, I nominate JimC if he fits the height and hair requirements.

Quote Originally Posted by MurkyWaters View Post
    She was a nice old Marxist, even Scalia was hypnotized, by her personality, not her latter day policies which have emboldened Antifa and BLM into a homicidal frenzy.
    Oh please. just stop it OK.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

Captain Ruth Pike. Well done.

I'm tall and have been told my hair is epic; however, I will refuse nomination due to my work and administrationating this place encompassing the total amount of laws and rules I wish to have memorized. Instead, I nominate JimC if he fits the height and hair requirements.
    6' 1"
    185 lbs
    Head full of hair.
    Healthy, thick, flesh-colored hair.
    Besides those qualifications, I also have opinions on almost everything.
    I hear it's important for Justices to render opinions, and I could share opinions for days.

thisotherlondon, Murky has a right to his own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post
    6' 1"
    185 lbs
    Head full of hair.
    Healthy, thick, flesh-colored hair.
    Besides those qualifications, I also have opinions on almost everything.
    I hear it's important for Justices to render opinions, and I could share opinions for days.
    Don't forget about your Lewis Grizzard humor.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    thisotherlondon, Murky has a right to his own opinion.

Don't forget about your Lewis Grizzard humor.
    I miss his columns, although I heard that he was a bit disagreeable to be around.
    I was rather fond of Mike Royko back in the day too.

I miss his columns, although I heard that he was a bit disagreeable to be around.
    I was rather fond of Mike Royko back in the day too.
    I miss him too. I need to reread his books. Have you read them? The titles kill me. Don't Bend Over in the Garden, Granny, You Know Them Taters Got Eyes is one of my faves.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    I miss him too. I need to reread his books. Have you read them? The titles kill me. Don't Bend Over in the Garden, Granny, You Know Them Taters Got Eyes is one of my faves.
    I have not - that's now on my list.
    I'm going to start with, "If Love Were Oil, I'd Be About A Quart Low".

I didn't realize he'd written so many books until just now.

I have not - that's now on my list.
    I'm going to start with, "If Love Were Oil, I'd Be About A Quart Low".

I didn't realize he'd written so many books until just now.
    His very first book Kathy Sue Loudermilk, I Love You will kill you.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD