Thread: Suicide hidden in social media videos, Ronnie Mcnutt

Suicide hidden in social media videos, Ronnie Mcnutt

Okay guys this happened to me, I was checking twitter and I got a cat video pop up that someone reposted, I click on it watch a few moments then I see it switch to a man sitting in front of a computer wearing a black jacket and something by his side, he is talking on the phone and then hangs up and says well that's it and then shoots himself, people are putting this man's suicide into videos such as cute cat videos and such on tik tok, youtube, twitter, facebook, instagram, if you have kids and or family warn them if they see this pop up click off it is very graphic and doesn't cut away. Here is a screen shot of the image, dont worry it's before he kills himself, I had to alert my sister in law and my one neighbor that has underage kids. here is the article https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/us-new...ebook-22644824

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EhSiTD9VkAAjTbv.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	30.8 KB 
ID:	55051

It's everywhere - Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, Tumbler....as far as I am aware, TikTok is the only one who has put out a statement saying if someone puts it up they are permabanned. Thankfully, a lot of people have put out warnings like you have and teachers have even gone online advising parents to delete the sites but as you have shown, they are still finding ways to show it and pet vids seem to be one of the most popular.

My sister's friends, kid saw it and she is unsurprisingly traumatised. Her mother and some friends idiotically thought it would be a good idea to watch it 'to see how bad it was'. She was warned not too and is still dealing with it over a week later.

It's sad really. From what I understand, the poor man was a military veteran. I haven't seen it, and do not care to. I lost my father to suicide 28 years ago this Christmas. My roommate warned me about it being on TikTok, I'm an avid fan of the social media site but do not create content myself. I just watch others. I'm also on YouTube, again don't create content just watch others, and haven't seen it. I DO post on Instagram, though, once every few weeks or so, and scroll through others' posts.
    "Tequila may not be the answer, but it's worth a shot."

"I just go here!"

"I am not psychic. I AM psychotic. BIG difference."

Not something I would want to see ever. To see someone that is so much despair that they feel the only way out is to take their life. The poor guy, I hope he has peace now.
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

A military veteran........maybe this is something we deserve. Maybe it's a good thing for people to see what war can do to some. Especially when they are useless wars of choice like ours are.

Yes he was an Iraq war veteran who lost his job and his girlfriend called and broke up with him, that was her on the phone right before he killed himself. He was also drunk that night. I have watched the Nick Berg Beheading as well as the Bud Dwyer suicide and that Bjork stalker fan who killed himself, those I knew what was going to happen and was prepared for, Ronnie's no..as it was in a video with a cute cat. I was traumatized.

Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    Yes he was an Iraq war veteran who lost his job and his girlfriend called and broke up with him, that was her on the phone right before he killed himself. He was also drunk that night. I have watched the Nick Berg Beheading as well as the Bud Dwyer suicide and that Bjork stalker fan who killed himself, those I knew what was going to happen and was prepared for, Ronnie's no..as it was in a video with a cute cat. I was traumatized.
    *Holds*
    "Tequila may not be the answer, but it's worth a shot."

"I just go here!"

"I am not psychic. I AM psychotic. BIG difference."

Thanks Ria.