Thread: Chadwick boseman

Chadwick boseman

Last edited by pkstracy; 08-28-2020 at 10:19 PM. Reason: Added link to story about his death.

didn't know he was sick rip.

Quote Originally Posted by cash View Post
    didn't know he was sick rip.
    There were some stories on blind gossip sites a while back but seeing as how they lie as much as tell the truth, I don't think many people believed it.

A few months ago, however, a few pictures of him outside a hospital were posted on a gossip site I go to. He was in a wheelchair, swaddled and looking so frail...genuinely skin and bones. It was clear it was something bad and having family members who had died from cancer, I assumed that's what it was. I guess lawyers got involved because within the hour, the pictures had been taken down as quickly as they had been put up and all mention of it was scrubbed.

R.I.P.
    Last edited by Shellie; 08-28-2020 at 10:01 PM.

Very sad,way too young. RIP Chadwick.
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

He was too young. Prayers for the family.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

God so sad. He was so young. It bothers me was only a few years older than my brother.

He was diagnosed a little over four years ago, but you wouldn't know it by watching him in Avengers Endgame. It was released last year and he looks so vital and quite handsome in that film.

I hope they don't replace him as the Black Panther. I hate when film and TV franchises do that. I call it The New Darren Syndrome.

So sad to hear this .I watched 21 Bridges and he was such a talented guy .R.I.P .

Quote Originally Posted by SomeChick View Post
    He was diagnosed a little over four years ago, but you wouldn't know it by watching him in Avengers Endgame. It was released last year and he looks so vital and quite handsome in that film.

I hope they don't replace him as the Black Panther. I hate when film and TV franchises do that. I call it The New Darren Syndrome.
    I don't think they will as there would be too much of a backlash from fans. There were rumours that Shuri was eventually going to take on the mantle so hopefully they will just go with that.

I watched a tribute to him tonight on network TV. I and many other people had no idea that he spent his spare time visiting children with cancer at St. Judes and Shriners hospitals until a week before his death. He also donated quite a bit of money to both hospitals.

I think you're right about not replacing him as Black Panther. The host of the show (national morning show host who's name escapes me right now) talked to children all over the world about Chadwick Boseman being the first black superhero with his own franchise, and how that's become cemented in so many of their minds as well as those of adults. If a remake us done in 10 or 20 years, someone else would obviously play the role. Hopefully not, but it sounds like the only scenario where replacing him would happen.

Mr. Boseman was also known for his high level of integrity. It's apparently well-known that he wouldn't take roles of stereotypes or that were demeaning to his culture for "just for money" as Forrest Whitaker put it. That takes courage these days because the movie industry hasn't become as evolved as those in charge would like us to believe. I'm glad he stuck to his principles and was a good person too. I'm also glad that doing so didn't end his career before it got started. That was unlikely to happen though with Phylicia Rashad as his college professor and Denzel Washington lending him tuition when he got accepted to Oxford but couldn't afford it. Both would be great people to have in one's corner.

I agree they should not replace him, but you know how Hollywood is, they will do a remake at some point, or release Black Panther again to profit off his death. Cancer sucks big time, wish there was a cure for it, I know there are treatments to help fight it, but there needs to be a cure for that and AIDS.