Thread: Jacob Blake Shooting - Kenosha, Wisconsin

Jacob Blake Shooting - Kenosha, Wisconsin

I have a sister and 3 niece's in Kenosha. This is scary. I am trying to understand what happened here. 7 shots in the back? I did not see that he had a weapon on him. This country is going crazy quickly.

You'd think the cops would have told him to stand still and put his hands up.
    Or not to approach the vehicle.
    On not to open the door, lean in and reach into the vehicle where there might be weapons.

Yep - if only they had said something to him, this never would have happened.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

4. 08-26-2020, 08:25 PM
    Reason
    Created New Thread For This Crime killer had nothing to do with Jacob Blake.

Cash I copied and moved your post about the 17 year old into a new thread, he had nothing to do with Jacob Blake's shooting.

This is why Jacob Blake had a warrant out for his arrest

https://nypost.com/2020/08/28/this-i...or-his-arrest/

Dang.
    Sounds like a really swell guy if that story is true.
    I couldn't tell from the video if he was trying to get into the vehicle or if he was reaching toward the floorboard.

I thought he was going to the car to check on his children that is what one witness stated.

Quote Originally Posted by Leasie View Post
    I have a sister and 3 niece's in Kenosha. This is scary. I am trying to understand what happened here. 7 shots in the back? I did not see that he had a weapon on him. This country is going crazy quickly.
    Yes. Regardless of whatever warrant was out for his arrest, he was unarmed. The official police report states that the knife was found in the glove compartment after he was shot seven times in the back for attempting to break up a fight between two women. He was heard saying by witnesses that since the cops were there, he could get back in his car and go.

I once had a friend who was shot 10 times in the back because the perpetrator wanted to know what it would feel like to kill someone. My friend just happened to be out walking in a well-lit and populated area that night, yet it took three years to find his killer: A backward teenager who got such a "high" (his testimony) from killing my friend, whom he didn't know, that he got caught in the act of doing it again. That's when ballistics were compared, and they were a match. My friend was not Mr. Perfect either, but did he deserve to be shot in the back and killed because of his criminal history for which he had paid his debt to society? Not any more than Jacob Blake did for having a warrant out for his arrest.

Shooting a man in the back is the way a coward, sociopath, or control freak kills people, cop or not. Both the first and second videos also show that Blake was not treated the way a person with a warrant is required to be treated by the state law enforcement code. These days that appears to be an afterthought in all of the recent deaths that paralled this one regardless of where it happens.

Once he reached into that vehicle the cop had little choice but to shoot him.
    You can't wait until he turns around with a weapon in his hand, and nobody knew what he was reaching for.

This guy isn't a victim of racism, he's not a victim of "bad cops", he can only be called a victim of his own bad behavior and his own bad decisions.
    Shooting him was an appropriate response to his actions under those circumstances, and that's the thing people are disregarding in their outrage - it was a response to his actions; and he alone was in full control of that.

If you want a cop to shoot you; there's your foolproof game plan.

We'll have to agree to disagree on that one, Jim.

Quote Originally Posted by SomeChick View Post
    We'll have to agree to disagree on that one, Jim.
    Yep.
    But I think any cop would have shot him at that point, and should.

I'm still trying to figure out at what point resisting arrest becomes OK.
    Should you start fighting with the cops the moment they tell you you're under arrest, or should you wait until they try to handcuff you?

This guy of course, seems to be versatile in that respect, although using the word respect in relation to this guy is pretty inappropriate in most respects (there I go again):

Jacob Blake, the 29-year-old black man shot by police in Kenosha, Wisconsin, on Sunday, was wanted on charges of sexual assault, among others, according to the Associated Press.The AP reported Monday:

Online court records indicate Kenosha County prosecutors charged Blake on July 6 with third-degree sexual assault, trespassing and disorderly conduct in connection with domestic abuse. An arrest warrant was issued for Blake the following day.

The records contain no further details and do not list an attorney for Blake.And then there's this, but maybe it was a different Blake, right?

Another article from 2015 describes a Jason Blake, aged 24, who had to be subdued by a police dog after he resisted arrest following an armed altercation in a bar.
    The Racine County Eye reported:

Jacob Blake, 24, of Racine, was charged Monday in Racine County Circuit Court with one felony count of resisting arrest causing a soft tissue injury to a police officer and one misdemeanor count each of carrying a concealed weapon, carrying a firearm while intoxicated, endangering safety-use of a dangerous weapon, and disorderly conduct. If convicted, he will face up to 8-1/2 years in prison and/or up to $50,000 in fines.According to the criminal complaint, Blake and two women were at the Brass Monkey tavern, 1436 Junction Avenue, Saturday when Blake got into an argument with another patron and pulled a black handgun. Blake pointed the gun at the other man, and the magazine fell to the floor. The bartender told Blake to leave, and he did but then pointed the gun through the window at patrons inside the bar before walking south on Junction Avenue.

Police say they encountered a woman walking on Junction who was in the bar with Blake, but she said she didn’t know what happened and that her friends left without her in a silver SUV. A few moments later, officers were advised that a silver SUV was traveling north on Junction with a male subject driving who matched the description of Blake, and they initiated a traffic stop in the 1200 block of Racine Avenue.

Believing the driver was armed, police conducted a high risk traffic stop, the complaint reads, and ordered Blake to put his hands out the window of the vehicle. Instead, Blake exited the SUV and started walking toward officers and ignored commands to get down on the ground. Officers forced Blake to the ground and ordered him to put his hands behind his back. When Blake refused to comply, K9 Dozer was deployed to force the defendant into compliance.

Now of course, the cops attempting to peacefully and lawfully arrest him on the day he attacked them and started an altercation that only ended once he had been shot; had no idea about his criminal background or his history of resisting arrest. But that was OK, since Blake was kind enough (and more than willing) to give an up-to-date demonstration of his contempt for obeying the law or submitting to arrest.

Has anybody else noticed that this recent spate of "unarmed black men killed by police" invariably involves resisting arrest and criminal histories that could not have been known to the police at that time? That's a great testament to the innocent nature of the people we're talking about here - the cops couldn't have known about their past criminal behavior, therefore their treatment of the perpetrators was overly harsh. Because they couldn't have known that such treatment was in order due to the past criminality.

Besides, it isn't fair to consider their past behavior, right?

I mean, just because you find out that guy or girl you're dating has been arrested for domestic abuse once or twice and is currently under a restraining order or two, it wouldn't be fair or appropriate to think that might have any bearing on their relationship with you, right?

I'm all for fairness and treating people with respect and shining a light on police abuse or acts of racism or acts of hatred, but using this incident, or the Rayshard Brooks incident or the George Floyd incident as examples of such can only be done by presenting a narrative based upon half-truths and lies; and lots of leaving out of pertinent facts.

Quote Originally Posted by cash View Post
    This is why Jacob Blake had a warrant out for his arrest

https://nypost.com/2020/08/28/this-i...or-his-arrest/
    Okay. I understand. Wow. Not a nice guy at all. And I think he was reaching for a weapon. JMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Leasie View Post
    Okay. I understand. Wow. Not a nice guy at all. And I think he was reaching for a weapon. JMO.
    I read a report that I haven't been able to confirm claiming that there is audio captured from a cell phone video of the initial confrontation wherein the police can be heard repeatedly telling Blake to drop his knife.

They had peacefully arrested the guy, but he decided to fight, apparently even getting one cop into a headlock before heading for his vehicle.
    I think that cop showed incredible restraint.

If he had shot the guy sooner it probably would be ruled justifiable; but he waited until the last possible second.
    If Blake had just put his hands up, it would have been over without further violence, but he made the same choice that so many black guys make in this situation.
    Once he reached into that vehicle, the cop could not possibly wait to see what he reached for; he had to shoot in order to protect his own life.

And now people are marching and rioting and looting in the name of justice; when there was no injustice to begin with.
    People are screaming for cops to be fired, for cops to be arrested and charged with crimes.
    People are outraged and screaming about cops killing black guys, but in many instances - just like this one - it is the black guy who forces the cops to violence.

If black folks want to see fewer violent police interactions, they need to realize that being combative and resisting arrest is not going to facilitate that.
    This is like sticking your hand into a flame and cursing it for burning you, then doing it again expecting a different result.

Donald Trump going there in the first place is a
    bad idea.
    Just leave them alone.
    Last edited by theotherlondon; 08-31-2020 at 04:55 PM.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.