Thread: Lori Nelson, 87

Lori Nelson, 87

Best known for her role in Revenge of the Creature, she also appeared in other films with Jane Russell, Audie Murphy, Rock Hudson, Martin and Lewis, Barbara Stanwyck and someone who's quickly becoming a near-favorite of mine, Mamie Van Doren.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...ure-dies-at-87

I remember her best from the TV series How To Marry A Millionaire with Barbara Eden and Merry Anders. RIP. You gotta love Mamie, Girls Town is a fave of mine.
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

You gotta love Mamie, Girls Town is a fave of mine.

I don't want to turn this into a Mamie thread (especially since she's still alive as of this writing) but her movies are interesting ...

Girls Town featured Charles Chaplin Jr. and Harold Lloyd Jr. in small roles. Both of them also appeared in Mamie's Sex Kittens go to College. Elinor "Father Knows Best" Donahue was Mamie's kid sister in Girls Town. Mel Torme was the villain; he could sing but he sure as hell couldn't act.

Navy Versus the Night Monsters
    - the cast is stuck on an island with killer trees. TREES! If you run away, how fast can a tree move in order to kill you? The killings took place because the victims walked by a killer tree. All I can think of are the talking apple trees from The Wizard of Oz getting really pissed-off enough that they resort to murder and I laugh.
    Last edited by Dave62; 08-25-2020 at 12:00 PM.