Thread: Katlyn Head (A Close Friend's Daughter)

Katlyn Head (A Close Friend's Daughter)

Man Allegedly Said Girlfriend Fatally Shot Herself in Car — Now He’s Being Charged in Her Murder.

I've known her mother, Lori Kimbro-Head since she was a little girl and I was a teenager. We met on the church bus. And I'm also close friends with her older cousin Mary. Needless to say the family is devastated. I never met the girl but Lori talked about her constantly, and it's hard for me to wrap my head around her murder.

https://people.com/crime/man-said-gi...-shot-herself/
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Oh wow Cindy, thoughts for the family at this time. When I saw shot herself, I am like nope he did it, my years of working for the Medical Examiner, I have only seen one female who used a gun to kill herself, 95 percent of the time a woman will slash her wrists, or take pills, or hang themselves, rarely ever use a gun, as they don't want to leave a mess for someone else to clean up and are afraid the gun may not kill them right away and they would be in pain.
    Last edited by pkstracy; 08-04-2020 at 04:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    Oh wow Cindy, thoughts for the family at this time. When I saw shot herself, I am like nope he did it, my years of working for the Medical Examiner, I have only seen one female who used a gun to kill herself, 95 percent of the time a woman will slash her wrists, or take pills, or hang themselves, rarely ever use a gun, as they don't want to leave a mess for someone else to clean up and are afraid the gun may not kill them right away and they would be in pain.
    Her mom knew she didn't do it from day one. I didn't know because she didn't go into detail, and I didn't want to be nosy. She just said "She wouldn't kill herself. She loved Zaydan too much." And then the ME declared it a homicide, and the killer lit out for a day or so before getting caught. Lori is the sweetest woman you ever want to meet. Everybody knows her and loves her. When Sissy went on vacation week before last, she told me to let her know if I needed anything, and then when Katie was killed, she asked me if I was all right here alone. She broke the mold.
    Last edited by cindyt; 08-04-2020 at 06:28 PM.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Sounds like she is a wonderful person Cindy, and you're right a mom knows her daughter.

Sorry cindy.

Her mom appreciates everyone's thoughts and prayers. I just talked to her. She gave me a short bio of Katie to post on my Our Town blog's Moments in Time memorial of Buford people who have gone on.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Sorry to hear this Cindy. I read a couple of articles and it said she was such a lovely person who was devoted to her son. Prayers to you and her family.
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

I never met her, but Sissy's daughter Brittany went to school with her. They were little cheerleaders. From all accounts you're right. She just picked the wrong man and didn't get out when he started abusing her. Her son asked her mother today if he could visit the killer in jail and ask him why he killed his mom. She told him more or less that'd have to wait before they faced him. She may have been fixing to leave him. Some men can't take rejection. And they were just riding down 985 in Buford and he pulled a gun and blew her head off. It's a mystery why she didn't wreck. Anyway she brought the urns home today. A big one and a little one for the son. They will keep them in Lori's bedroom because that's where want's to put them. Sad sad sad!
    GOD IS NOT DEAD