Thread: A guy I knew as a kid was charged with murder today.

A guy I knew as a kid was charged with murder today.

I haven't seen or heard from him in 35 years. He was a society drop out. Homeless I believe. He killed a guy last December and wa arrested last week. Gives a person a strange feeling.

Since it's murder related and he was arrested, I moved it here.

I understand cash. I do.

My family knew someone who was an alcoholic murderer. Another proud moment in my Mamma Dearest's family history!

One of Mamma Dearest's sisters was getting married. Several of the invitees to the reception were no-shows (bad weather, cold/flu season etc.). Another sister invited New Friend, along with spouse, to the reception -- to take the place of two of the no-shows. "The dinners have already been paid for, why let them go to waste."

Bad decision! If you're not sure that someone is capable of handling their alcohol consumption, do not invite them to a family gathering. New Friend and her husband didn't get drunk enough at the Open Bar. As the reception was ending, New Friend and her husband went around picking up the half-empty alcohol glasses and consuming the contents. Not even college students at Frat parties are that bad. Said aunt then brought back drunken New Friend and her husband to her own mother's house, where we collectively tried our best to get them to leave -- so Grandma could safely go to sleep in her own house. After all, who wants two drunks in their house, they could vomit, get violent, fall down and split their heads open like Bill Holden did, etc.

This aunt was (like most of that family) very stubborn and toxic, with no ability to empathize. In the weeks and months that followed, she repeatedly defended their behavior and her continued friendship with them. The irony is that said aunt had already divorced a violent alcoholic! One might expect someone who survived marriage to a violent alcoholic to say "I don't want anyone else in my life who can't control their drinking." Not her. To pacify her we had to continue to endure the presence of New Friend and her spouse.

Several months after the reception New Friend left her husband and kids and moved in with some man. After several days the man's family visited his house - their repeated phone calls to him had gone unanswered. The man's family found him dead in bed. New Friend had taken a gun and shot him in the head while he was sleeping in bed, then turned the gun on herself. To this day this aunt continues to defend dead New Friend as a "troubled soul", but her own ex-husband (who at least never killed anyone) remains the anti-Christ.

This also happened recently to myself.
    A guy i knew reasonably well & an excellent father went & killed his best friend over a few £'s & some drugs it's crazy how someone who could of been so much went on to become a murderer.