Thread: Kelly Preston, 57

Kelly Preston, 57

John Travolta's wife Kelly Preston has died of breast cancer aged 57.
    The actor confirmed her passing in an Instagram post overnight Sunday, writing: 'It is with a very heavy heart that I inform you that my beautiful wife Kelly has lost her two-year battle with breast cancer. She fought a courageous fight with the love and support of so many.'
    Actress and former model Preston and Travolta had been married for 29 years. They have two children, Ella, 20 and Benjamin, nine. A son, Jett, died in 2009 aged 16. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...41&si=10148768

She's one of those people that I'd occasionally wonder, "What ever happened to..." before remembering that she retired from acting soon after marrying Travolta. She'd also pop up on TV every decade-ish by his side on talk shows or an in-home interview. I last saw her about three years ago. She looked happy and still beautiful. One if those young faces. I had no idea she was sick. Was it common knowledge? I don't care about Twitter, which is where everyone seems to announce these things.

I never knew she was sick either. I guess that's the way I would want it also....

Loved her in "Citizen Ruth"...

Never knew she was sick either.

She was in two of my favorite films back when I was younger. Spacecamp (which I need to re-watch, maybe this week) and Twins. I loved Twins and I'm about to order the BluRay because I realized josu now that I don't own it.
    "I'm down in this valley where the wheels turn so low
    At dawn I pray to the Lord of my soul
    I say dear Lord, do right by me
    You know
    I'm tired of being lonesome, on'ry and mean..." - Waylon

She was lovely. S0 sorry for her children. The first time I ever saw her was in the movie "52 pickup" A great eighties movie.. Roy Schedier. Ann Margret was in it too.. RIP

I am so sorry to hear this. Keeping it private and personal is something not many Hollywood types can do. RIP Kelly.
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

Sidenote: For those who may be wondering and those who have asked, we don't use "dead" in titles in the Dead sections because it's redundant. This was decided by admin several years ago.

I always felt bad for her. She seemed like an non entity because of the cult she was part of. You have to wonder if she received the proper treatment. Let's hope she is at peace and free from the cult.

John's first love, Diana Hyland died from breast cancer as well. He was so distraught during the making of Grease, he could barely remember his lines or perform.

This one was SUCH a shock. I've always thought she was so beautiful- I remember her from back to the days of Space Camp. RIP.
    Performing my signature monkey hump move since 10/16/2007...

RIP Dad- 11/14/1947 to 12/16/2013

Poor John, first their son dies, now his wife, not to mention Diana Hyland, his first love years before. I wonder if the purveyors of garbage who were tormenting him a few days after the death of his son have directed their olfactory detectors at him once more for the coup de grace?

Being that the family are Christian Scientists, she may not have gotten treatment or would have let anyone other then the church and family about her cancer.

Apparently, she did receive medical treatment. https://www.instagram.com/p/CCkgCG5ptxE/
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    Apparently, she did receive medical treatment. https://www.instagram.com/p/CCkgCG5ptxE/
    i see nothing

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    I can see it fine. It does state that she had medical care from diagnosis until her last breath.

Ah, however it does also state that the Church has trained medical doctors, and that are on staff, so I am wondering if it was just treatment to make her comfortable and not feel pain or full blown chemo, radiation and surgery?

It's listed as the top cancer center in the USA, Sloan Kettering being second, and then the Mayo Clinic. That doesn't smack of Scientology affiliation to me. https://www.ackc.org/resources/best-hospitals-ranking/
    GOD IS NOT DEAD