Thread: Naya Rivera

Naya Rivera

Naya Rivera, the singer and actress best known for her acclaimed portrayal of Santana Lopez on “Glee,” is missing after a swimming accident in Ventura County, California.

Rivera had rented a boat at Lake Piru, a reservoir near Santa Clarita in nearby Los Angeles county, which departed from the dock around 1:00 p.m. Wednesday afternoon. She was swimming with her 4-year-old son when, for unknown reasons, she submerged and did not resurface, Captain Eric Buschow of the Ventura County Sheriff’s department told TheWrap.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...052453713.html

I have a feeling she is dead, since this is an active search and missing person I'll post it here for now, then move it if she is found dead.https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...052453713.html

Naya Rivera dead at 33

They don't know for a fact that she is dead.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Yeah Cash, it's not confirmed yet, presumed means not sure, not she is dead.

5. 07-09-2020, 07:39 PM

Hope it wasn't suicide. How does a body get lost in water? Wouldn't she be floating somewhere? Maybe caught on something?

She could be caught on something, and that something could have dragged her down. It happens on the lake in my hometown.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    She could be caught on something, and that something could have dragged her down. It happens on the lake in my hometown.
    IIRC, they said the area she disappeared in is around 30 foot but only 15 is actually visible and people who have gone there said you do have to be careful as it does have a lot of things like branches etc she could have got hooked on. The latest seems to be they are scaling down the search and one report said it could take 7-10 days for her body to finally resurface but a more recent one said she might never be found.

I read today that her son told authorities that she just didn't get back on the boat. That could mean a lot things. And plus, he is just, what?, four years old. I'm not saying, I'm just saying what he said makes me think she got him on the boat and for whatever reason didn't make it up with him.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I read today that her son told authorities that she just didn't get back on the boat. That could mean a lot things. And plus, he is just, what?, four years old. I'm not saying, I'm just saying what he said makes me think she got him on the boat and for whatever reason didn't make it up with him.
    That's what I thought

This is a really sad and confounding thing. I don't really get the suicide thinking. Probably never know.

It doesn't look like she's kill herself with her son depending upon her on that boat. But you never know.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Dang it wish I can find the article again but a family who lost their daughter in the exact same spot to drowning said it was most likely an underwater whirlpool that she got caught in that is what happened to their daughter. If that is the case she is dead.

That would do it.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Wow. I am not familiar with her work but this story is just so sad.

Leasie have you ever watched Glee?

It doesn't look like she's kill herself with her son depending upon her on that boat. But you never know.
    The Sheriff surprisingly said it wasn't suicide so someone must have suggested it but a few days previously she was posting things online like 'every day you are alive is a blessing' and 'Make the most of today and every day you are given. tomorrow is not promised' which has people online wondering. I think this is gonna be one of these times that there will always be a question mark over what actually happened.

Yeah, I remember reading that.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    Leasie have you ever watched Glee?
    No. I have not. I have friends that have and they are super bummed.

At the large lake in my area a guy went missing in the Dam area of lake. It took them weeks to finally find him. And it was a super hot summer.

Ours is man made. Corps of Engineers built Buford Dam on the Chattahoochee River, and Lake Sidney Lanier is the reservoir , rising above a town, pastureland with barbwire fences, trees, you name it. The islands are actually hilltops. Swimmers get tangled up or step off a shelf and drown. Plus, there are catfish in the Dam big as grown men. I was floating around one summer day, and something pulled a duck under. I know it's ridiculous, but I keep thinking about that. What if something pulled her under? Whirlpool, or she dipped down and got her foot tangled in something. It's not out of the realm of possibility that there was somebody else out there that the little boy didn't see or blocked out. (((((Cindy takes her writing hat off)))))
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I loved Glee! She was great as the sometimes evil Santana. Here's the latest:

https://abc7.com/search-of-lake-for-...inues/6313793/

They haven't confirmed if it is her yet. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...70&si=10148768

Sheriffs Department has confirmed the body is hers https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...181610759.html
    security cam footage and 911 call released https://www.yahoo.com/news/naya-rive...103105793.html

TMZ now confirming https://www.tmz.com/2020/07/13/naya-...-dies-33-glee/
    Last edited by pkstracy; 07-13-2020 at 11:55 AM.

Ours is man made. Corps of Engineers built Buford Dam on the Chattahoochee River, and Lake Sidney Lanier is the reservoir , rising above a town, pastureland with barbwire fences, trees, you name it. The islands are actually hilltops. Swimmers get tangled up or step off a shelf and drown. Plus, there are catfish in the Dam big as grown men. I was floating around one summer day, and something pulled a duck under. I know it's ridiculous, but I keep thinking about that. What if something pulled her under? Whirlpool, or she dipped down and got her foot tangled in something. It's not out of the realm of possibility that there was somebody else out there that the little boy didn't see or blocked out. (((((Cindy takes her writing hat off)))))
    Yes Cindy the lake I am talking about was man made by the Corps of Engineers. They made my Dad and Mom sell our farm and property in the early 70's. The lake level is very low due to no rain and it can be very dangerous. Old iron bridges and old fences are still there there. And yes giant catfish at the Dam. Been creeped out many a time kayaking alone in certain areas at Patoka Lake.

Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    Sheriffs Department has confirmed the body is hers https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...181610759.html
    security cam footage and 911 call released https://www.yahoo.com/news/naya-rive...103105793.html

TMZ now confirming https://www.tmz.com/2020/07/13/naya-...-dies-33-glee/
    At least they managed to find her. Seemingly she sent a picture to a friend and that's how they were able to zero in where to look.

Drownings
    Lake Piru

Due to harsh conditions such as debris, low visibility, whirlpools, strong winds, and cold water temperatures, a number of fatalities related to drowning have occurred at Lake Piru:[12]

• On August 1994, 27-year-old Jesus Danilo Carranza drowned in the lake while on an outing with his family, even though he was wearing a life jacket.[13]
    • On July 1997, Liborio Dominguez of Long Beach drowned in the lake while trying to rescue his daughter. Dominguez’s body was discovered several days later.[13]
    • On September 1997, 22-year-old Isidro Castillo of Newhall drowned in the lake and his body was found a day later.[13]
    • On September 1997, rescue workers recovered the body of 30-year-old Ulises Anthony Mendoza of Port Hueneme, who disappeared days earlier while swimming in the lake.[13]
    • On February 1998, Lake Piru employee Arthur Raymond Caladara was found drowned in the lake. The details of his death are unknown.[13]
    • On June 1998, the body of 30-year-old Vy Xuan Dang of Garden Grove was found by a park ranger; he was last seen swimming near a boat days earlier.[13]
    • On September 2000, 25-year-old Eric Cruz of Van Nuys drowned 10 feet from the shore.[13]
    • On May 16, 2004, 9-year-old Piru resident Denise Arredondo drowned roughly 150 feet from the shore while wading in the water.[14]
    • On August 25, 2008, 39-year-old Anatoly Naftoli Smolyansky drowned in the lake. Smolyansky was on a boat with his family when his 5-year-old daughter fell into the water. Smolyansky jumped into the water to save her but disappeared beneath the surface as he was pushing her back toward the boat.[15] Smolyansky's 9-year-old son aided in his sister's rescue and both children survived.[16] After a week-long search, Smolyansky's body was found floating north of Diablo Cove by a group of Lake Piru rangers and Ventura County Sheriff’s Search and Rescue divers.[16]
    • On May 22, 2010, 36-year-old Roberto Barrios disappeared under water while swimming in the lake with friends. His body was found submerged in the lake three days later.[17][18]
    • On September 11, 2014, the drowned body of a 28-year-old Piru woman was found. The following day, Ventura County Medical Examiner’s Office described the death as a suicide.[19]
    • On July 8, 2020, actress Naya Rivera disappeared while swimming in the lake and was declared a missing person after her four-year-old son, Josey, was found alone in Rivera's rented pontoon boat.[20] Rivera's body was recovered on the morning of July 13 following an extensive five-day search.[ Rest In Peace Naya

Wow Drew. That lake sounds deadly.
    I wonder if her son fell into lake and she jumped in to save him without her life jacket on in a panic? If you go swimming you usually put down the anchor but with that deep water I would not think the anchor would hit bottom. If the boat was drifting it would have been difficult for her to get him back to the boat and then somehow lift or push him back up.

This is such a shame. She wasn't my favorite character on Glee, but I always thought she was really talented. Her poor little boy. RIP
    Performing my signature monkey hump move since 10/16/2007...

RIP Dad- 11/14/1947 to 12/16/2013

No death pics I guess?

Quote Originally Posted by shellc View Post
    At least they managed to find her. Seemingly she sent a picture to a friend and that's how they were able to zero in where to look.
    In a very recent YouTube video from Scott about Naya's death, he talks about the lack of a signal in the Piru Lake area and wonders how she was able to send that pic.

That is strange.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by Leasie View Post
    Wow Drew. That lake sounds deadly.
    I wonder if her son fell into lake and she jumped in to save him without her life jacket on in a panic? If you go swimming you usually put down the anchor but with that deep water I would not think the anchor would hit bottom. If the boat was drifting it would have been difficult for her to get him back to the boat and then somehow lift or push him back up.
    I think if any place should have lifeguards it would be at that lake ! If you go out on a boat, PLEASE wear a personal floatation device.
    Last edited by Drew; 07-21-2020 at 09:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    I think if any place should have lifeguards it would be at that lake ! If you go out on a boat, PLEASE wear a personal floatation device.

I agree about the personal floatation device!! But how would lifegaurds monitor the whole area??

34. 07-21-2020, 12:13 PM
    Reason
    Dupe

""The Ventura County Medical Examiner also released Rivera's toxicology report, which reveals the actress had low-level amounts of amphetamine (Adderall, Dexedrine), diazepam, ethanol and phentermine (an appetite suppressant) in her system, as well as caffeine, at the time of her death. According to the toxicology report, her blood alcohol concentration was 0.016."" as you do....
    pull the string!

I see that her ex husband has now moved into with
    her sister......hmmm
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by theotherlondon View Post
    I see that her ex husband has now moved into with
    her sister......hmmm
    Hmmm is right. Reminds me a little of when Peter Bogdanovich ended up with Dorothy Stratten's sister Louise. What a dirtbag he is.
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

Quote Originally Posted by Mansfield67 View Post
    Hmmm is right. Reminds me a little of when Peter Bogdanovich ended up with Dorothy Stratten's sister Louise. What a dirtbag he is.
    They've both denied it saying it is only to help the boy and anyone who thinks it's because of any other reason should be disgusted with themself. So if it does come out they are together, their current denial is gonna come back and bite them on the ass.

Quote Originally Posted by shellc View Post
    They've both denied it saying it is only to help the boy and anyone who thinks it's because of any other reason should be disgusted with themself. o ifS it does come out they are together, their current denial is gonna come back and bite them on the ass.

They will say ti started after spending time together, and they decided it was for the best for the child...yadda yadda Not buying it myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Mansfield67 View Post
    Thank You, I so agree.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.