Thread: The Lava Lady of L.A., Rae Suzan Strauss

The Lava Lady of L.A., Rae Suzan Strauss

1930 to 2016

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LavaLady.jpg 
Views:	312 
Size:	104.0 KB 
ID:	55006

I'd never heard of her before watching Scott's latest YouTube chat today. How did she earn the moniker? What is she wearing, and what is that on her head? Answers:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LavaLady (2).jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	96.0 KB 
ID:	55005  
    Last edited by SomeChick; 06-12-2020 at 12:21 AM.

Wow, she's incredible ! I had to Google her to find out more about her. I would love to see photos of her when she was younger.
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

Quote Originally Posted by Mansfield67 View Post
    Wow, she's incredible ! I had to Google her to find out more about her. I would love to see photos of her when she was younger.
    Me too! There might be, but I'm not sure how old she was when she began dressing like that or when her husband began covering their home in lava rock. Scott mentions goths dropping their jaws at the sight of her during the height of the original punk movement. That was during the mid-'70s, so pre-Lava Ladyesque pics would have to be older than that.

Quote Originally Posted by SomeChick View Post
    1930 to 2016

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LavaLady.jpg 
Views:	312 
Size:	104.0 KB 
ID:	55006

I'd never heard of her before watching Scott's latest YouTube chat today. How did she earn the moniker? What is she wearing, and what is that on her head? Answers:
    This photo kind of reminds me of Hetty Green:The witch of Wall street.
    (from many years ago)
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

Thanks for this ! I read in another article that her shoes were designed and made for her. Her style is amazing ! I wonder if she was ever asked to be in movies or TV ? I could see her in David Lynch films. I found this where she makes a couple of cameos, I would actually like to see her moving in those shoes !
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

I would have loved to have met her. I read she was a registered Republican in Florida. Sorry, she is too cool to be that ! LOL.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1978.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	160.8 KB 
ID:	55007Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AsyvrKxCMAAKa3j.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	260.5 KB 
ID:	55008Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BCbZvkiCYAIpHsJ.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	212.0 KB 
ID:	55009

She was called the witch of whatever town she lived in in Florida after she moved there. I forgot the name, but it's in Scott's video.

I saw her in that trailer for the movie that was never released too. She smiles and nods as two kinda sorta actors talk at her. She is said to have been a very nice person like that. I think we can all see why that movie wasn't released, and it had nothing to do with her being in it.

The WallieMart pic looks photoshopped. Maybe it's just me. What do you guys think?

Sounds like she was a very nice lady. Someone who didn't bother anyone and just did her own thing. I do wonder if she had any real friends and was lonely, but maybe she enjoyed her own company and was happy. The WalMart photo looks fine to me, I'm trying to figure out what is in the cart. I did read something a little disturbing that she was dead and had been for about 3 to 5 days before she was found. That's very sad. https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/...-suzan-strauss
    Last edited by Mansfield67; 06-17-2020 at 12:37 PM.

Upon first glance, I thought her being dressed from head to toe in a light photo makes her look photoshopped. Ditto the woman beside her who was wearing black a black top. On second, the black top looks lighter than what Lava Lady is wearing. Sooo....
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by Mansfield67 View Post
    Sounds like she was a very nice lady. Someone who didn't bother anyone and just did her own thing. I do wonder if she had any real friends and was lonely, but maybe she enjoyed her own company and was happy. The WalMart photo looks fine to me, I'm trying to figure out what is in the cart. I did read something a little disturbing that she was dead and had been for about 3 to 5 days before she was found. That's very sad. https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/...-suzan-strauss
    It is sad. It also contradicts other information about her death. FindaGrave does diligent research though, so my bet is on that version. At least her kids are the ones who became suspicious. That means they kept in touch with her.

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    Upon first glance, I thought her being dressed from head to toe in a light photo makes her look photoshopped. Ditto the woman beside her who was wearing black a black top. On second, the black top looks lighter than what Lava Lady is wearing. Sooo....
    That's why I can't decide. I won't lose any sleep over it though.