Thread: Little Richard. RIP

Little Richard. RIP

This is a big one.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...oZ3jVh-E6pvrmA

Edit: It does give me #2 on death poll.
    Last edited by john*thomas; 05-09-2020 at 07:26 AM.

Aw man. Sad.

So sorry to hear about the death of Little Richard. He was a true original.

RIP (the) Black Liberace of Rock N Roll...

One of the true legends of rock and roll. RIP.
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

RIP, sir.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

I saw him do a live 4th of July outdoor show in Phoenix back in the early '90s. It was free admission too because his sponsors wanted to introduce his music to a young audience. Y'all should've seen how that crowd reacted to his music. Jumping up and down, dancing, and people of all ages having a great time. He and his piano were on a raised platform, and at the end of his performance, Little Richard stood up, let go with one of his trademark howls, and thanked his audience. As he walked off the stage, the MC mentioned Little Richard's name again, and recognition appeared on the faces of the younger set. Oh! I've heard of him! Damn he's good! and such were comments I heard from the audience. Yeah, he was. He was probably wearing quite a bit of make-up. However, I was only about 20 yards away from him, and he didn't look a day over 40. Bright purple suit and all.

Cancer sucks. I liked his music.

He was one of a kind. RIP.

I think people who had UK music in the 1960/1970s
    should thank Little Richard.(Elton John) for one person.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

If anyone wonders about the influence of Little Richard, just look at the some of these names paying tribute

Bob Dylan:

“I just heard the news about Little Richard and I’m so grieved,” Dylan wrote. “He was my shining star and guiding light back when I was only a little boy. His was the original spirit that moved me to do everything I would do.”

Dylan continued, “I played some shows with him in Europe in the early nineties and got to hang out in his dressing room a lot. He was always generous, kind and humble. And still dynamite as a performer and a musician and you could still learn plenty from him. In his presence he was always the same Little Richard that I first heard and was awed by growing up and I always was the same little boy. Of course he’ll live forever. But it’s like a part of your life is gone.”

Ringo Starr:

“God bless little Richard one of my all-time musical heroes. Peace and love to all his family"

Mick Jagger:

“I’m so saddened to hear about the passing of Little Richard, he was the biggest inspiration of my early teens and his music still has the same raw electric energy when you play it now as it did when it first shot through the music scene in the mid 50’s,”

Keith Richards:

“So sad to hear that my old friend Little Richard has passed. There will never be another!!! He was the true spirit of Rock’n Roll!”

Quincy Jones:

“Absolutely heartbroken this morning at also hearing the news of the passing of my bro & friend, the great Little Richard,”

Great list, Dan! So many musicians are creating tributes to Little Richard right now that it's nice to see a concise list like that.