Thread: David Schramm, Roy on "Wings", 73

David Schramm, Roy on "Wings", 73

All that is known is he died in New York. Liked his interactions with Tim Daly, Steven Weber, and the rest of the "Wings" cast. May he RIP.

https://tvline.com/2020/03/29/david-...t-list-wrapper

He was great as Roy Biggins, resident shithead, on Wings. I learned of his death a few hours ago while watching a local station that shows reruns of that show. After each TV show that's been on that station tonight, they've shown a still of him as Roy with his birth and death dates.

I know very little about David Schramm's real life but wonder if he still weighed the same as he did on the show because if so, it could be a factor in his death.

Every job out there has a Roy. RIP.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

He was great as Roy
    The reason a dog has so many friends is because he wags his tail instead of his tongue.

Quote Originally Posted by Noelle1966 View Post
    He was great as Roy
    True, he was one best part of the show.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by cleanskull View Post
    Every job out there has a Roy. RIP.
    Yep. I work with a Roy. He's only 21, but he's definitely a Roy. Snarky, greedy, obnoxious, motivated solely by self-interest, and can't get the chicks.

Remember Roy's laugh?
    The reason a dog has so many friends is because he wags his tail instead of his tongue.

RIP. I had a Roy as a friend once. Long gone, not dead , just gone. Gave him the boot years ago, still the same from what I hear ... nothings changed !
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

Quote Originally Posted by Mansfield67 View Post
    RIP. I had a Roy as a friend once. Long gone, not dead , just gone. Gave him the boot years ago, still the same from what I hear ... nothings changed !
    It probably takes a Sylvia to change a Roy until he pisses her off. Remember how he used to turn into a bumbling mess whenever she came around?

I just found out about this after a Google search because I was interested in what he was up to these days (I knew he was a gifted stage actor). I was and am a huge fan of Wings - and he was incredible. So, after finding out what do I do? Come here ot see if there's a thread.

I spent a lot of years watching that show. I suffer from pretty bad anxiety, and Wings is a show that really helps me with that for some reason. I watch it, and it feels like coming home after a long time away. David was a big part of why I've always loved the show.

RIP, Mr. Schramm.
    "I'm down in this valley where the wheels turn so low
    At dawn I pray to the Lord of my soul
    I say dear Lord, do right by me
    You know
    I'm tired of being lonesome, on'ry and mean..." - Waylon

Wings was one of those shows like Frasier. The writing and the acting was clever.

well said Noelle

Rest in peace, Wings when TV comedy was still funny ....

Quote Originally Posted by SomeChick View Post
    Yep. I work with a Roy. He's only 21, but he's definitely a Roy. Snarky, greedy, obnoxious, motivated solely by self-interest, and can't get the chicks.
    So please tell us more.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.