Thread: Kenny Rogers

Kenny Rogers

Says natural causes but it seems to me that he hasn't been doing well for awhile.

https://www.wcnc.com/article/news/na...H9sEGEOs3lqBfI

Aw. RIP Sir.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

RIP, Kenny.
    I'll always remember him like this:

A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

I remember in college that the girl in the dorm room beside me played the 45 record 'Lady" over and over repeatedly. I could hear snifflng and singing while she ate frosting out of a can with a spoon.. I HATE that song to this day.

Tell It All Brother.

He was, by surprise, my first Concert. I was doing Disneyland, back in the late 60's, with my Cousins. We were in Tomorrow Land, and this huge fountain started to rise upwards. Turns out it was a Stage and Kenny Rogers and the First Edition were playing. A VERY fond memory. RIP Ken.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

RIP.

He picked a fine time to leave us.
    There's something happening here, what is is ain't exactly clear.

Quote Originally Posted by LordLucan View Post
    He picked a fine time to leave us.
    Yeah.
    You got to know when to fold 'em.

Quote Originally Posted by lulubaines View Post
    I remember in college that the girl in the dorm room beside me played the 45 record 'Lady" over and over repeatedly. I could hear snifflng and singing while she ate frosting out of a can with a spoon.. I HATE that song to this day.
    That made me LOL for real, thank you for that. Dorm room music can be indelible in one’s mind...I had never heard of Jimmy Buffett until moving into my dorm, where the girl two doors down played “Margaritaville” on repeat while moving in...over 8 hours straight, same song. I now understand it’s a thing, but it wrecked that part of my brain.

”Lady” was pretty sad, totally brings me back to that year it came out. Glad no one ruined it for me, though, by putting it on repeat. And eating frosting out of a can via spoon should always be behind closed doors...no one needs to see that!

Back to Kenny Rogers, his Roasters, and his ear worms...

YEW GOTTA KNOOOOOOOW whennn-tuh HOOOOLD umm
    Know whennn-tuh FOOOOLD umm
    "We've had threads about guys fucking picnic tables, animals and dead bodies. Third boob ain't going to stop a damn thing." - cleanskull

GOD IS NOT DEAD

I guess we've all had days like that - but with me it was Hagen Daas.

RIP legend!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "I just know I'm not the greatest power on this earth. I didn't create myself, because I would have done a hell of a better job." -Layne Staley

Priceless! For me it's the bad plastic surgery pics, duet with Dolly, the Roasters sign that kept Kramer awake for days on Seinfeld, and constant playing of The Gambler on the radio.

I think death by natural causes is possible considering Kenny's age. We all know that people often accumulate common age-related maladies as we get older. I've noticed that performers seem to have higher combinations of them than the average person. He also lived longer than the average American male who's median average age at death is currently 76 years.
    Last edited by SomeChick; 03-23-2020 at 12:34 PM.

All deaths are really from natural causes.

We could go on about that for days, Jim.

I have two friends who knew Kenny. One is a writer who is famous in her genre. They were neighbors. The other one is a retired English/drama teacher who's husband used to be a big wig something or other of the CMAs. She has photos of them attending the program and shots with Tammy Wynette and some others. Both women have nothing but good things to say about him.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by SomeChick View Post
    We could go on about that for days, Jim.
    We could.
    But I'm gonna suggest that we don't do that though.
    Unless it's important to you, then; we can.

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    I have two friends who knew Kenny. One is a writer who is famous in her genre. They were neighbors. The other one is a retired English/drama teacher who's husband used to be a big wig something or other of the CMAs. She has photos of them attending the program and shots with Tammy Wynette and some others. Both women have nothing but good things to say about him.
    Always nice to hear about celebrities being good people, especially if you like their work.

I so remember he had a song in the movie: The Big Lebowski (1998) Just dropped in (to see what condition my condition was in) Kenny Rogers and the first Edition.
    Last edited by theotherlondon; 03-26-2020 at 05:56 PM.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

His song Ruby just played on the radio as part of a tribute to him. I haven't heard it since I was a kid and had no idea what it was about at the time other than some man's wife cheating on him. Now hearing it as an adult, I'm hearing it with fresh ears. That is some sad shit. No wonder it came out during the height of the Vietnam war.