Thread: Kobe Bryant killed in California helicopter crash

Kobe Bryant killed in California helicopter crash

I just heard this. Oh my.

Was his family on board, i wonder?

No family not on board, Wow this is shocking.

Yikes. RIP Kobe.

RIP
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    No family not on board, Wow this is shocking.
    Oh good. I heard his 13 year old daughter was with him. Whew.

Quote Originally Posted by Leasie View Post
    Oh good. I heard his 13 year old daughter was with him. Whew.
    I just read on People about his daughter dying with him. https://people.com/sports/kobe-bryan...ash-calabasas/
    Last edited by cindyt; 01-26-2020 at 01:26 PM.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    I just read on People about his daughter dying with him. https://people.com/sports/kobe-bryan...ash-calabasas/
    Oh no.

Oh no, sorry to hear his daughter was with him.

TMZ is now saying there were 9 on board. 1 Pilot and 8 passengers including Kobe, his daughter, Gianna, one of her friends and one if not both of the girl's parent. They were on their way to Gianna's basketball practise when it happened. Witnesses say they heard the helicopter sputtering then when it crashed, it burst into flames. There was speculation Rick Fox was also on board but his lawyer confirmed he was not involved. Someone actually got part of the crash on Snapchat not realising the significance of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1l1c...ature=youtu.be

TMZ also has video from the scene.

https://www.tmz.com/2020/01/26/kobe-...-in-calabasas/
    Last edited by Shellie; 01-26-2020 at 08:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shellc View Post
    TMZ is now saying there were 9 on board. 1 Pilot and 8 passengers including Kobe, his daughter, Gianna, one of her friends and one if not both of the girl's parent.
    Heartbreaking.

It has been confirmed that both father and daughter died in the crash, so I removed the "reportedly" from the title.

I heard about this late yesterday.....how heartbreaking and sad.....RIP to all who lost their lives.
    "Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's Heaven on Earth" - Mark Twain

Looks like Pilot error to me. horrible conditions, VFR, and in a dangerous airspace.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba...cid=spartandhp
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

Quote Originally Posted by cleanskull View Post
    Looks like Pilot error to me. horrible conditions, VFR, and in a dangerous airspace.

From eyewitness accounts, a retired pilot who is a friend of a friend on FB suggested that this was the case.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Yeah, seems like it unfortunately. No one can seem to understand how he would make such an error as he was an experienced flyer as well as an instructor.

Yeah, seems like it unfortunately. No one can seem to understand how he would make such an error as he was an experienced flyer as well as an instructor.

the news is saying the pilot was cleared to fly,maybe the fog got worse.

It was IFR conditions. Maybe he got overwhelmed by everything else and missed his altimeter reading. Lot of Radio talk going on. I'm sure this one will be investigated down to the Molecular level.

The fog was horrible here, even police choppers and such were grounded, the pilot was trained to fly in fog, reports I read he circled the airport for 15 mins waiting for the all-clear and was given the all-clear, my guess he flew up to high, got disoriented and slammed into the mountains in Calabasas, the chopper crashed then exploded. A lot of wealthy youtubers live in that area, Jeffery Star used to live there before moving to Hidden Hills, where a lot of stars live.

This makes me so sad. Kobe and his daughter, three members of another family, a mom of three. I read somewhere else that the pilot was the only person Kobe trusted to fly him around. If that was true, that could be a lot of pressure. RIP.

As of Monday there have been three bodies removed from the wreckage.

I saw a chopper crash video presented to be of his crash. It shows about the last 200 feet I would say and then the impact and explosion. The craft was just tumbling as if you dropped a hat and let it fall. The air is fairly clear in this video but you figure the trouble stated much higher up.

You have to take in the bad, and the good. https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba...cid=spartandhp

As of yesterday, all of the bodies had been removed from the wreckage.

https://a.msn.com/r/2/BBZpJLi?m=en-u...rID=InAppShare
    "Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's Heaven on Earth" - Mark Twain

You have to take in the bad, and the good. https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba...cid=spartandhp
    So true, thank you for posting this.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by theotherlondon View Post
    So true, thank you for posting this.
    I agree. Like it or not it plays into his life.
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

Helicopter charter company suspends flights after crash that killed Kobe Bryant - bad for business

https://nypost.com/2020/01/31/helico...d-kobe-bryant/

I read on People that the copter was not supposed to fly in bad weather conditions.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I read that the pilot had received "special permission" to fly under those conditions.
    I'm a little doubtful that such a thing exists.

It seems like I also heard someone reporting a "sputtering" noise before the crash, which would suggest mechanical trouble to me.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

The Helicopter did not have proper IFR Ground Avoidance Radar. The Pilot was VERY experienced, he knew how to fly with that equipment. ATC should have told them to land immediately at the nearest air park or airport. Ultimately, the Pilot has the final responsibility to fly or not. I think Star Power clouded everyone's thinking. I hope new flt rules are made, or, better enforced, no matter who is sitting in the back. Totally preventable.

Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post
    I read that the pilot had received "special permission" to fly under those conditions.

It seems like I also heard someone reporting a "sputtering" noise before the crash, which would suggest mechanical trouble to me.
    I read the same thing, and my first thought was that it was out of fuel.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Sadly, I think Kobe Bryant as a big time celebrity must
    of put pressure on that helicopter pilot to fly that day.

Sadly, I think Kobe Bryant as a big time celebrity must
    of put pressure on that helicopter pilot to fly that day.
    Everyone who has talked about the pilot that knew him are adamant he was a by the book guy who played safe and are surprised he did something so risky so it does make you wonder.

As many have said, it reminds people of the Aaliyah crash back in 2001. They were supposed to fly back the the US the next day, but she was adamant she had to leave there and then.
    Last edited by Shellie; 01-31-2020 at 05:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post

In one of the videos you can hear the engine noise, but it's rhythmic, continuous rather like a lawn mower but obviously much louder. Of course this was seconds before impact. I saw a couple of fellows on YouTube, actual pilots, and they explained what likely happened. He knew he was too close to the terrain, and increased his elevation into the clouds, where he lost control and all the rest happened. Apparently he was not able to fly the craft on instruments only.

Quote Originally Posted by Follower View Post
    In one of the videos you can hear the engine noise, but it's rhythmic, continuous rather like a lawn mower but obviously much louder. Of course this was seconds before impact. I saw a couple of fellows on YouTube, actual pilots, and they explained what likely happened. He knew he was too close to the terrain, and increased his elevation into the clouds, where he lost control and all the rest happened. Apparently he was not able to fly the craft on instruments only.
    Karma is going to get you.(you rape a women just wait)

Vanessa Bryant files wrongful death suit against helicopter company in Kobe’s death

https://pagesix.com/2020/02/24/vanes...479.1576964958

LA deputies shared graphic photos of Kobe Bryant crash scene, new report says

https://nypost.com/2020/02/27/la-dep...w-report-says/

Quote Originally Posted by cash View Post
    LA deputies shared graphic photos of Kobe Bryant crash scene, new report says

https://nypost.com/2020/02/27/la-dep...w-report-says/

I think this is what us death hags love, photos of the
    death crash scene, remember about the Patsy Cline death
    photos.

Quote Originally Posted by cash View Post
    Vanessa Bryant files wrongful death suit against helicopter company in Kobe’s death

https://pagesix.com/2020/02/24/vanes...479.1576964958
    I think Vanessa should worry about how her late husband
    was a rapist, and was guilty so he bought her a Diamond ring.
    (To shut her up)

I think this is what us death hags love, photos of the
    death crash scene, remember about the Patsy Cline death
    photos.
    They are supposed to be doing the rounds on Facebook. I don't know if it's true but people on different sites are saying they have seen and it's definitely Kobe although he was supposed to be unidentifiable until his prints/dental records were brought in so how they know it's him is anybody's guess.

I think Vanessa should worry about how her late husband
    was a rapist, and was guilty so he bought her a Diamond ring.
    (To shut her up)
    Yeah, like usual when people die, they are made saints and the story is changed to fit the narrative. People who swear it was consensual can't explain how he ended up with the woman's blood on him or how messed up she was afterwards. They think because she refused to go to court that, that meant she was lying forgetting to mention the fact she was getting daily death threats from fans who thought he could do no wrong and actually admitted it in the 'sorry' statement.

They were far from being the love story of the century everyone seems to be claiming they are now. Vanessa actually left him a few times after finding out about other women and at one point actually filed for divorce then changed her mind. I'm guessing she either realised she would lose too much leaving him or she let him walk over her again with money/jewellery and promises.
    Last edited by Shellie; 03-02-2020 at 09:54 PM.

They are supposed to be doing the rounds on Facebook. I don't know if it's true but people on different sites are saying they have seen and it's definitely Kobe although he was supposed to be unidentifiable until his prints/dental records were brought in so how they know it's him is anybody's guess.

Yeah, like usual when people die, they are made saints and the story is changed to fit the narrative. People who swear it was consensual can't explain how he ended up with the woman's blood on him or how messed up she was afterwards. They think because she refused to go to court that, that meant she was lying forgetting to mention the fact she was getting daily death threats from fans who thought he could do no wrong and actually admitted it in the 'sorry' statement.

They were far from being the love story of the century everyone is claiming seems to be claiming they are now. Vanessa actually left him a few times after finding out about other women and at one point actually filed for divorce then changed her mind. I'm guessing she either realised she would lose too much leaving him or she let him walk over her again with money/jewellery and promises.
    I just watched Untouchable The Rise And Fall of Harvey Weinstein and same thing. His first wife was with him for close to 20 years. She had to have known something was up, stayed for the sake of the kids and the lifestyle he provided. In the end I guess she had it. The second wife I think married she him to get a push and financing for her clothing line Marchesa. Which worked because at one point every actress in Hollywood was wearing her gowns. They had no choice !
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.