RIP, I don't think he was ever the same since
    his daughter Selena died in a car accident back
    in 1997.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by theotherlondon View Post
    RIP, I don't think he was ever the same since
    his daughter Selena died in a car accident back
    in 1997.
    Add in, too, that his first (common law) wife, died of terminal cancer not long after their daughter did. Glad to read that he had remarried and had another daughter before he died. May Mr. Peart RIP. He was one hell of a drummer.

Very sad day. I'm an engineer by day, but a musician at heart. Neil was my drumming inspiration, and though I had private lessons and training in percussion in school band, I learned a lot about playing drums just from learning his intricate drum parts. But he was so much more than just a drummer. He was a Renaissance man, a poet, a cyclist, a Hollywood celebrity, an author. As a human being, he was my primary role model outside my immediate family. I've met a lot of famous musicians but never him, although I never tried as I knew he was intensely private. Yet his loss feels like that of a family member. Although his loss from cancer is tragic, he wasn't young and led a very full life, and I can only hope people can say anything close to that about me when my time comes. RIP Professor, we all learned from you.

RIP.

I always thought he was the best drummer ever. He was still so young. I remember watching a documentary on their last tour and Neil would ride his motorcycle from city to city instead of the tour bus. He loved his motorcycles! RIP you will be missed!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "I just know I'm not the greatest power on this earth. I didn't create myself, because I would have done a hell of a better job." -Layne Staley

Quote Originally Posted by dionyzus View Post
    Very sad day. I'm an engineer by day, but a musician at heart. Neil was my drumming inspiration, and though I had private lessons and training in percussion in school band, I learned a lot about playing drums just from learning his intricate drum parts. But he was so much more than just a drummer. He was a Renaissance man, a poet, a cyclist, a Hollywood celebrity, an author. As a human being, he was my primary role model outside my immediate family. I've met a lot of famous musicians but never him, although I never tried as I knew he was intensely private. Yet his loss feels like that of a family member. Although his loss from cancer is tragic, he wasn't young and led a very full life, and I can only hope people can say anything close to that about me when my time comes. RIP Professor, we all learned from you.
    This is very well said about him.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.