Thread: U-Haul International soon won't hire nicotine users.

U-Haul International soon won't hire nicotine users.

Wow.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

They should do the same about alcohol and foods high in fat, salt and sugar; or which just don't have sufficient nutritional value.
    And they need to do something about second-hand smoke too - no hanging out with or being married to people who use nicotine either.
    And make sure they wear uniforms - even when they're off duty so that they always look neat and professional.
    They could have "everyday" uniforms for usual wear, and formal uniforms for stuff like church or weddings and what not.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post
    They should do the same about alcohol and foods high in fat, salt and sugar; or which just don't have sufficient nutritional value.
    And they need to do something about second-hand smoke too - no hanging out with or being married to people who use nicotine either.
    And make sure they wear uniforms - even when they're off duty so that they always look neat and professional.
    They could have "everyday" uniforms for usual wear, and formal uniforms for stuff like church or weddings and what not.
    Touché!
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Companies here and in the West are already not hiring tobacco users. Some examples are Holiday Market (policy for 5 years), Shasta Pools (10 years), and every grade school in town (1 to 3 years). They do it to lower their corporate insurance and health insurance rates. It also supposedly cuts down on unauthorized employee breaks.

I can see why a company would want to save money by doing the above, but I feel that it's also encroaching on peoples' right to do as they wish on their own time.

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    Touché!
    You showing off your Spanish again.

Quote Originally Posted by SomeChick View Post
    Companies here and in the West are already not hiring tobacco users. Some examples are Holiday Market (policy for 5 years), Shasta Pools (10 years), and every grade school in town (1 to 3 years). They do it to lower their corporate insurance and health insurance rates. It also supposedly cuts down on unauthorized employee breaks.

I can see why a company would want to save money by doing the above, but I feel that it's also encroaching on peoples' right to do as they wish on their own time.
    I get why they do it - it makes sense from a corporate point of view.
    I also think companies have a right to make such decisions, but I think when they insist upon limiting legal behavior on personal time, it becomes somewhat invasive.

Still, they have the right and you know that before you decide to apply for a job there.
    I wonder how many of their executives have been Grandfathered in?

You showing off your Spanish again.

I also think companies have a right to make such decisions, but I think when they insist upon limiting legal behavior on personal time, it becomes somewhat invasive.

Still, they have the right and you know that before you decide to apply for a job there.
    Touché! is French. Lol.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    Touché! is French. Lol.
    No, I'm pretty sure it's Spanish; maybe by way of France (Southern France), but it's Spanish.
    Sort of like, "Le Petit Hacienda".

That's a great question I've never read or heard asked. I doubt there's a way we can find out, so my guess is all of them.