Thread: Marie Fredriksson. Roxette singer, 61

Marie Fredriksson. Roxette singer, 61

Marie Fredriksson died Monday after a 17-year battle with cancer, her management company has confirmed.The 61-year-old was a successful solo artist in her native Sweden before joining with Per Gessle to form Roxette, the act that went on to achieve global fame.
    The duo's breakout single was "The Look," reaching number one on the US Billboard Hot 100 chart in 1989.
    Another single, "It Must Have Been Love," became a smash hit after featuring in the soundtrack of the 1990 romantic comedy "Pretty Woman," starring Richard Gere and Julia Roberts.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/12/10/enter...ntl/index.html

17-year battle?!? Poor thing!!

I love this duo, they created some amazing music together. My favourites are 'Fading like a flower', 'Must have been love', 'Things will never be the same' and many others. 17 years is such a long time to fight an illness, may she finally rest in peace

Loved their music. She must have been one hell of a fighter to go through that. Bless her.
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

Quote Originally Posted by Mansfield67 View Post
    Loved their music. She must have been one hell of a fighter to go through that. Bless her.
    Very true.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

RIP.
    17 years - damn!
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

"It Must Have Been Love" was my favorite song of theirs. I cannot imagine going through what Marie Frederiksson did for 17 years! At least she is no longer suffering. May she RIP.

A lovely song in Swedish, Sparvöga (sparrow)

Translated lyrics to English:

https://lyricstranslate.com/sv/sparv...rrows-eye.html

I've been a Roxette fan since I was 12 years old (1987-ish). This is a tough one for me. Through the years my musical tastes changed and evolved, but this band has been one of the few constants that I've never left behind.

RIP Marie.
    "I'm down in this valley where the wheels turn so low
    At dawn I pray to the Lord of my soul
    I say dear Lord, do right by me
    You know
    I'm tired of being lonesome, on'ry and mean..." - Waylon

My mom before the Alzhimers and brain tumor listened to Roxette and loved them, I too, because of mom, loved them as well.

Well dang. Their music was so much fun to play with and relax to in the '80s.

It's the age old story of it being so sad but at least she doesn't have to suffer anymore. Of course that will mean nothing to her family at the moment but 17 years is a long time to fight anything but especially something as shitty as cancer.

I think I was in the minority because I didn't like IMHBL when it was first released but because it was played everywhere, I eventually realised just why people liked it. They later released a Spanish album and that version was great too. Saying that, my favourite was Always Unreal.

I agree Shellc, don't really care for that song but I get why people like it. BTW love your siggy.

Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    I agree Shellc, don't really care for that song but I get why people like it. BTW love your siggy.
    Thanks.