Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mayor George Moscone & Harvey Milk

Forever-27 Guest

Mayor George Moscone & Harvey Milk

The Moscone-Milk assassinations took place on Monday, November 27, 1978, when San Francisco Mayor George Moscone and San Francisco Supervisor Harvey Milk were shot and killed in San Francisco City Hall by former Supervisor Dan White. White was angry that Moscone was refusing to re-appoint him to his former Board seat, from which had resigned for personal reasons, and angry with Milk for having lobbied against that re-appointment. In addition, Milk was gay, leading to speculation that his assassination may have been a hate crime. These events also launched the political career of Dianne Feinstein, one of White's allies on the Board, who became a United States Senator.
    White was subsequently convicted of
    voluntary manslaughter, rather than of first degree murder. The verdict sparked rioting in San Francisco â?? the so-called White Night Riots â?? and ultimately led to the state of California abolishing the diminished capacity criminal defense.

Further tension between White and the openly homosexual Milk arose with Milk's vote in favor of placing a group home within White's district. Subsequently, White would cast the only vote in opposition to San Francisco's landmark gay rights ordinance, passed by the Board and signed by Moscone in 1978.
    Moscone ultimately decided to reverse course and chose to appoint more progressive federal housing official Don Horanzy rather than re-appointing White. On Monday, November 27, 1978, the day Moscone was set to formally appoint Horanzy to the vacant District 8 seat, White packed his loaded service revolver and ten extra rounds of ammunition into his coat pocket and had an unsuspecting friend drive him to San Francisco City Hall. Once there, White slipped into City Hall through a basement window that was often left open, thus avoiding the building's metal detectors. He proceeded to the mayor's office.
    White requested a meeting with the mayor and was allowed to see Moscone as Moscone's meeting with Brown ended. As White entered Moscone's outer office, Brown exited through a different door. Moscone met White in the outer office, with White confronting the mayor about his perceived betrayal. White asked again to be re-appointed to his former seat on the Board of Supervisors. When Moscone declined, their conversation turned into a heated argument over Horanzy's pending appointment.Once inside the small room, and realizing his pleas would prove ineffective, White pulled his revolver and shot the mayor twice in the abdomen. White then shot Moscone twice more in the head.

Harvey Milk

White reloaded his weapon and left the mayor's office, observed by an unwitting Dianne Feinstein â?? herself a supervisor at the time. White made his way to the opposite side of City Hall and down a corridor to Milk's office. There, he asked for a private conference in an adjacent room.
    Behind closed doors, White confronted Milk. White reported that he began to scream at Milk and that Milk then rose from his seat. White then pulled his gun and shot the supervisor multiple times: three times in the chest, once in the back and two times again in the head.Feinstein discovered Milk's body, but attempts to resuscitate him were in vain.White was found guilty of the of voluntary manslaughter.
    The verdict proved to be controversial. In particular, many in the gay community were outraged by the verdict and the resulting reduced prison sentence. Since Milk had been homosexual, many felt that homophobia had been a motivating factor in White's attack upon Milk and/or in the jury's failing to convict White of murder. This groundswell of anger sparked the city's White Night Riots. Paroled in 1984 he commited suicide two years later.

HelenaHandbasket Guest
    I could hug you for bringing this up! I meant to a while ago, but didn't know if anyone else was interested. Harvey Milk is one of my heroes. One of my friends once told me, I'm a one woman Harvey Milk cheering section, not a bad title to have I think. In every class I take, every paper I write, I mention Harvey and his cause. I don't really know what to add right now, I'm just so happy that he's been mentioned here. I could go on and on about Danny White's defense and how, as a psych student, I'm appalled that it only got him 7 years. Diminished capacity my ass, the man snuck in to avoid metal detectors and reloaded. That's pretty much operating on full capacity if you ask me.

Forever-27 Guest
    Thoes were hard times for the San Fran area. From Janis Joplin dying, to the many anti war protests against Vietnam to this killing. The next year Jim Jones led his church congration to Johnstown from San Francisco and forced them to drink poisoned kool-aid. As Senator Leo Ryan was boarding the plane to leave, Jim Jones hired goons ambushed him on the runway and shot him and sum 8 other people. Harvey Milk is considered one of the great heros in the homosexual community. Dan Whites motive for killing him is because he hated gay people soley because they were gay.
    Last edited by Forever-27; 01-05-2008 at 10:30 AM.

djdeath-hag Guest
    I'll wait behind Helena (and in a long line of hags, if need be) to also hug you, Forever-27, for this thread! I'd have thought of it myself, long ago...but ya know, too many Twinkies made me forget.

Forever-27 Guest
    They had a public candlelight vigil after the killings outside city hall. I remember my folks and I going to this. Joan Biez, the SF Gay mens choir, hundreds of people went to this. After Moscone was killed this put dianne feinstein into the mayors chair.

stinkythejokedog Guest
    a dark day for Twinkies...and all of us who lived in CA at that time...I remember this event vividly

HelenaHandbasket Guest
    There was a march on Washington, DC a year later. I believe something like 100,000 people attended, many of them in Milk's memory.

I was only 2 or 3 when it happened and on the other side of the country. It wasn't until much later in life that I became aware of who he was.

Have you heard the conspiracy about Jonestown/Milk/Mosocne and how the CIA bumped all of them off? I don't do the conspiracy dance, so I'll reserve comment.

Forever-27 Guest
    No way, Moscone and Milk were killed by a sick vengeful person alone. I was just past 10 years old when they were killed and remember the whole thing unfolding.

Jim Jones allowed his power to go to his head and used God as an excuse for all the slave labor he forced his believers into and their deaths. Refusing to allow anyone to leave or have contact with their relitives in the states. In the name of God.... " You win their hearts, youll win their minds" .

A good DVD to see, "The Times of Harvey Milk" - all about his life and death.

Also, Showtime had a movie a few years back, "The Dan White Story" - which was pretty good also.

Good thing Dan went with a hose in his mouth full of car exhaust. I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have survived on the streets...

HelenaHandbasket Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever-27 View Post
    No way, Moscone and Milk were killed by a sick vengeful person alone. I was just past 10 years old when they were killed and remember the whole thing unfolding.

Jim Jones allowed his power to go to his head and used God as an excuse for all the slave labor he forced his believers into and their deaths. Refusing to allow anyone to leave or have contact with their relitives in the states. In the name of God.... " You win their hearts, youll win their minds" .
    Oh, I'm with you on that one. Just thought I'd throw it out there for discussion. The theory itself is pretty damn laughable when you read it. But, people believe it including a few survivors of Jonestown.

I have "The Life and Times of Harvey Milk" on my Netflix list right now. Waiting impatiently for it to come in. Read "The Mayor of Castro Street" if you get the chance.

On an aside, I knew a woman who worked in SF around the time of the killings. She worked in some form of city government like licensing or something. One day, a guy named Danny White came in for something. Wasn't THE Danny White, but according to the lady I know, he looked a lot like him and was taking serious hell because of the killings. I think the dude ended up changing his name.

I always wondered if Dan White's death wasn't 'arranged' by a few people that didn't buy off on the 'twinkies defense.'

Jack-O-Lantern Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post
    A good DVD to see, "The Times of Harvey Milk" - all about his life and death.

Also, Showtime had a movie a few years back, "The Dan White Story" - which was pretty good also.

Good thing Dan went with a hose in his mouth full of car exhaust. I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have survived on the streets...
    You are SO right...he would not have survived on THESE streets, that's for sure. God he was a hated man here (and still is)--he definitely had a target on his sick, hateful ass...

I remember all of this like it was yesterday, such sad, desperate days following the assassinations...the city was literally in shock.

What's really sad is the fact that Harvey's legacy is fading fast, even here in S.F. Pretty much anyone under 35 doesn't even know who he was...nor do they care because everything he stood for and fought for is now taken for granted by many of the younger gay generation, like things have always been as they are now...which couldn't be further from the truth.

http://imdb.com/title/tt1013753/ - "Milk" - due out in 2009. Josh Brolin will be Dan White; Sean Penn will be Harvey Milk.

P~

Quote Originally Posted by VeuveClicquotNJ View Post
    http://imdb.com/title/tt1013753/ - "Milk" - due out in 2009. Josh Brolin will be Dan White; Sean Penn will be Harvey Milk.

P~
    Robin Williams was going to be Harvey Milk at one point when they were going to do "The Mayor of Castro Street" as a movie, but that tanked.

Sean Penn as Harvey Milk tho...yikes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack-O-Lantern View Post
    I remember all of this like it was yesterday, such sad, desperate days following the assassinations...the city was literally in shock.

What's really sad is the fact that Harvey's legacy is fading fast, even here in S.F. Pretty much anyone under 35 doesn't even know who he was...nor do they care because everything he stood for and fought for is now taken for granted by many of the younger gay generation, like things have always been as they are now...which couldn't be further from the truth.
    I remember it all too, since the Jonestown murders happened within weeks of Milk's death. It was a surreal month in the Bay Area around that time.

Is "Harvey's" still on Castro Street? That's a cool little bar. I know where Milk's camera shop used to be down there is now an antique shop or something?

Castro Street used to be a lot of fun, but now it's just a big tourist trap with over-priced cover charges at the bars - $20 on New Year's Eve one year I went! (altho I went to the Detour - which wasn't charging!).

Halloween on the Castro cancelled because of the hetero riff-raff flocking in there stabbing and shooting at each other. Just turned the whole thing into a farce - "stealing" the party from the Gay people. Wanting to come and gawk. I stopped going to the Castro on NYE and Halloween YEARS ago - got tired of the massive crowds and dealing with people who shouldn't have been there in the first place! Sad...

Forever-27 Guest
    I should have seen a movie somewhere along the line. They love things like this , Myrters make for blockbuster films

Daphne Guest
    I, like Aries, remember this well, it was ROUGH because as stated Jonestown took place at almost the same time-I think this was when Dianne Feinstein took over as mayor of the city as well.

Forever-27 Guest
    She did, and she was a good mayor , afterwards Art Agnos took over and the city went to hell

Daphne Guest
    Yes! thats right!- Dianne was a good mayor....oh boy I remember Art.. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Daphne View Post
    I, like Aries, remember this well, it was ROUGH because as stated Jonestown took place at almost the same time-I think this was when Dianne Feinstein took over as mayor of the city as well.
    If you see "The Life and Times of Harvey Milk" they show the clip where Dianne announces to the press that Harvey and George were shot and killed. It's pretty surreal.

While Dianne was all for Gay rights as mayor of SF, she never ONCE rode in ANY of the Gay Parades. Interesting.

You are SO right...he would not have survived on THESE streets, that's for sure. God he was a hated man here (and still is)--he definitely had a target on his sick, hateful ass...

kind of like modern day players with Jackie Robinson

Jaxxx Guest
    Voluntary manslaughter?*!! WTF, If I'm reading correctly this man, with malice and forthought walk into a public office and offed two men, twinkie defense my ass, I'm surprise he hasn't been killed in prison.

Daphne Guest
    He committed suicide in 1985--

Jack-O-Lantern Guest
    I remember it all too, since the Jonestown murders happened within weeks of Milk's death. It was a surreal month in the Bay Area around that time.

Is "Harvey's" still on Castro Street? That's a cool little bar. I know where Milk's camera shop used to be down there is now an antique shop or something?

Castro Street used to be a lot of fun, but now it's just a big tourist trap with over-priced cover charges at the bars - $20 on New Year's Eve one year I went! (altho I went to the Detour - which wasn't charging!).

Halloween on the Castro cancelled because of the hetero riff-raff flocking in there stabbing and shooting at each other. Just turned the whole thing into a farce - "stealing" the party from the Gay people. Wanting to come and gawk. I stopped going to the Castro on NYE and Halloween YEARS ago - got tired of the massive crowds and dealing with people who shouldn't have been there in the first place! Sad...
    Harvey's is still there...barely...I heard it too is closing soon. Castro St. as we knew it Aries is virtually gone. It's now basically a strip mall; Walgreens, Starbucks, you know the drill. More baby strollers than gay people on the sidewalks these days.

Oh well, they say the only constant is change, and Castro st. today puts that in stark perspective !

Harvey's is still there...barely...I heard it too is closing soon. Castro St. as we knew it Aries is virtually gone. It's now basically a strip mall; Walgreens, Starbucks, you know the drill. More baby strollers than gay people on the sidewalks these days.

Oh well, they say the only constant is change, and Castro st. today puts that in stark perspective !

Yeah, the same thing happened to Telegraph Ave in Berkeley - another favorite haunt of mine. I used to go there when it was nothing but hippies and headshops - now it's Starbucks and strollers...sad.

Daphne Guest
    Yeah, the same thing happened to Telegraph Ave in Berkeley - another favorite haunt of mine. I used to go there when it was nothing but hippies and headshops - now it's Starbucks and strollers...sad.

no way! i was there recently and did not see that.. basically what I saw was a bunch of
    1. Older hippies that had lost their minds and become homeless
    2. College cuties thinking they were all that
    3. the pothead stores remaining, though under different names
    4. freakin garbage and graffiti all over..
    5. MONEY mongrels trying to live off the late 60's trends (street vendors and certain stores)

Such a change from the 60's.. you know both my parents went to UCB in the 40's and their discussions of telegraph in the 40's vs the late 60's is fascinating... I was sent to a 'free thinking' private school that my mum had alot to do with in Berkeley called Walden in the 60's, and it was a hippie movement school - loved it, now I see what it is and its like... this freakin private school for pretend people that care and spend more than I make in a year for one month of tuition.. if anyone is interested in many stories of Berkeley in the 60's.. let me know, I was actively participating in all of it!

I am a longtime generation bitch from SF/Berkeley since the 1800's lol I got the scoop!

Daphne Guest
    no way! i was there recently and did not see that.. basically what I saw was a bunch of
    5. MONEY mongrels trying to live off the late 60's trends (street vendors and certain stores)

Such a change from the 60's.. you know both my parents went to UCB in the 40's and their discussions of telegraph in the 40's vs the late 60's is fascinating... I was sent to a 'free thinking' private school that my mum had alot to do with in Berkeley called Walden in the 60's, and it was a hippie movement school - loved it, now I see what it is and its like... this freakin private school for pretend people that care and spend more than I make in a year for one month of tuition.. if anyone is interested in many stories of Berkeley in the 60's.. let me know, I was actively participating in all of it!

I am a longtime generation bitch from SF/Berkeley since the 1800's lol I got the scoop!

Mum was a co founder of walden.. also, I was best friends with many children that have a place on telegraph today-(moe's- and o my god he was an asshole-Print mint - Jenny and Ona, best friends to this day- etc)

Yikes, I have a history to tell ya if you are interested!!

Daphne Guest
    back to the subject of milk/mosc. murders, notwithstanding the 900+ people that died in the Jonestown massacre... With regards to the massacre... Oakland has a yearly memorial for the lost in that massacre.. I attend each one ( I did have some people I knew involved ) and, this was also on the heels ( a few years ) Of the Patti Hearst / SLA mess..

I know I'm a bit younger than you, but I mostly hung out there in the 80's - from 1981 and on. Those were my favorite times on Telegraph. A palm reader on every corner, all the record shops out there - including the "original" Rasputin's before it became a "chain"!

Annapurna was my favorite store to get my incense, hippie oils and other
    "fun" items. I always made it a point to go to Blondie's for a thick slice or two of pizza, and usually shopped the vendors up and down the sidewalks.

Me and some friends would hang out at Larry Blake's at their bar downstairs and have a few pitchers of beer and walk all over the sawdust and peanut shells on the floor, and sometimes we'd go up to the White Horse (the only Gay bar out there) - altho it was too far of a walk from Telegraph!

It wasn't until the early 90's when that "vibe" all changed out there for me and I stopped going out there as often - maybe twice a year!

Those are some of my personal memories of Telegraph - "back in the day" - for at least me!

Daphne Guest
    I know I'm a bit younger than you, but I mostly hung out there in the 80's - from 1981 and on. Those were my favorite times on Telegraph. A palm reader on every corner, all the record shops out there - including the "original" Rasputin's before it became a "chain"!

"fun" items. I always made it a point to go to Blondie's for a thick slice or two of pizza, and usually shopped the vendors up and down the sidewalks.

Me and some friends would hang out at Larry Blake's at their bar downstairs and have a few pitchers of beer and walk all over the sawdust and peanut shells on the floor, and sometimes we'd go up to the White Horse (the only Gay bar out there) - altho it was too far of a walk from Telegraph!

It wasn't until the early 90's when that "vibe" all changed out there for me and I stopped going out there as often - maybe twice a year!

Those are some of my personal memories of Telegraph - "back in the day" - for at least me!

Daphne Guest
    eww where did my comments go?

OK again:

can you believe I am going to be 48 this month?
    I work with people that for the most part were born after 1975, and have NO clue about this stuff.. I am happy to share my experiences here and wherever, if anyone is even interested! keep in mind I was teargassed in 1968-Aries, let me kno
    w if you need updates on ANY of the places in Berkeleuy/telegraph, I am there many times a month!

and, I totally love ya aries!
    Last edited by Daphne; 01-06-2008 at 05:57 PM.

Jack-O-Lantern Guest

...and CODY'S !!! CODY'S closed....WTF ??? Is nothing sacred ???

...and CODY'S !!! CODY'S closed....WTF ??? Is nothing sacred ???
    Well, Moe's is still out there - isn't he? And that Shakepearen Books across the street. I mostly went to Moe's Books tho - another stop when I was out there!

Jack-O-Lantern Guest
    Well, Moe's is still out there - isn't he? And that Shakepearen Books across the street. I mostly went to Moe's Books tho - another stop when I was out there!
    Not familiar with Moe's, now I'm thinking I should be...guess I was always so enamored with Cody's I had blinders on!
    I'll have to make a quick trip to Telegraph soon to check it out. I swear things change so quickly around here now I expect any day to look out and see that the bay bridge is gone!

Forever-27 Guest
    Actually the oakland side will be gone, or vastly changed by 2012. They are replacing the oakland side as we speak.

Jack-O-Lantern Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever-27 View Post
    Actually the oakland side will be gone, or vastly changed by 2012. They are replacing the oakland side as we speak.
    Now that's one thing that will not change overnight, the eastern span replacement is the costliest public works project in American history...and if it's actually finished by 2012 I'll be in shock...

djdeath-hag Guest
    Daphne, you are a walking history & font of knowlege/life experiences. Between you, Jack, Johntrimm & Aries I know that I can rely on an on-going connectivity with a place that I'm aching to explore....and to think my only experience of living anywhere in your vicinity went to waste, since I was a baby! Thank you all for your insights on SF and the life & times of Harvey Milk. Have any of you got a connection with Tales of the City? I'd love to do my own Tales tour when the day of travel to the city by the OTHER bay finally arrives.

Jack-O-Lantern Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by djdeath-hag View Post
    Daphne, you are a walking history & font of knowlege/life experiences. Between you, Jack, Johntrimm & Aries I know that I can rely on an on-going connectivity with a place that I'm aching to explore....and to think my only experience of living anywhere in your vicinity went to waste, since I was a baby! Thank you all for your insights on SF and the life & times of Harvey Milk. Have any of you got a connection with Tales of the City? I'd love to do my own Tales tour when the day of travel to the city by the OTHER bay finally arrives.
    dj you are welcome in my guest room anytime! I can show you virtually every "Tales" location, in fact we just had a hot brandy at the Buena Vista cafe, where Mary Ann Singleton makes that fateful call to mom in Ohio to tell her she's not coming home!

djdeath-hag Guest
    dj you are welcome in my guest room anytime! I can show you virtually every "Tales" location, in fact we just had a hot brandy at the Buena Vista cafe, where Mary Ann Singleton makes that fateful call to mom in Ohio to tell her she's not coming home!
    Thank you, Jack! I'd be THRILLED to experience your world through the eyes of someone who "gets" how FANTABULOUS life out there can be! (Wanna be my Connie Bradshaw?)

Jack-O-Lantern Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by djdeath-hag View Post
    Thank you, Jack! I'd be THRILLED to experience your world through the eyes of someone who "gets" how FANTABULOUS life out there can be! (Wanna be my Connie Bradshaw?)
    I've always wanted to be a stewardess LOL -- oops I mean FLIGHT ATTENDANT !!!

Have any of you got a connection with Tales of the City?
    How uncanny. My friend just lent me that book. Good read.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

Keep in mind a lot of that show was filmed in Canada - but they did use a few of the SF landmarks here in there in the series. I really enjoyed that show. My Mom liked it too - butI warned her about the last installment - with all the man-on-man sex in it!

djdeath-hag Guest
    Keep in mind a lot of that show was filmed in Canada - but they did use a few of the SF landmarks here in there in the series. I really enjoyed that show. My Mom liked it too - butI warned her about the last installment - with all the man-on-man sex in it!
    I remembered reading that the "Tales" movies were primarily shot in Canada. I was honestly quite impressed with the translation from books to film....it was awkward to see some of the characters portrayed by different actors...but I got over that. I'd love to see the rest of the series done on film...as long as Olympia Dukakis continued the role of Anna Madrigal.

Even before seeing, I had great visual imagry of many of the places & people from the books.

Jack-O-Lantern Guest
    You're right (re filming in Canada), and it showed! I liked the show(s) a lot, but apart from the original episodes, I'd have to say the books were better. Maupin's specificity was amazing, he wrote his stories AROUND the city itself, and kind of fit the characters into that...the city was the star. That's what made them so special!

I will say that that "magic" period so well-described in the books is long, LONG gone in S.F. But as long as at least a few of us remember that it really WAS like that here (once upon a time!), then these books will live on.

You're right (re filming in Canada), and it showed! I liked the show(s) a lot, but apart from the original episodes, I'd have to say the books were better. Maupin's specificity was amazing, he wrote his stories AROUND the city itself, and kind of fit the characters into that...the city was the star. That's what made them so special!

I will say that that "magic" period so well-described in the books is long, LONG gone in S.F. But as long as at least a few of us remember that it really WAS like that here (once upon a time!), then these books will live on.
    My Mom read the installments in the paper (San Francisco Chronicle) back in the '70's every week while riding the BART train to work to SF - before they were all integrated into the books. So she was pretty excited when the series was made - 20 years later!

She was quite familiar with SF back then - even earlier in the '60s. She told us stories about doing her laundry at a laundromat out in the Tenderloin with all the Gay guys on a Saturday night. The Tenderloin was quite Gay back then - before all the druggies and hookers took it over.

djdeath-hag Guest
    Maupin's gift, certainly captured the city....as it was then. I've yet to read "Michael Tolliver Lives" but am very eager to do so. I enjoyed "Maybe the Moon" & was rather freaked out by "The Night Listener"....which is probably why I still haven't seen the movie. Apologies for hijacking this thread & turning it into a Maupin thread....if anyone has opinions & feels strongly about this very talented wordsmith, we could start a Maupin thread....or not.

Daphne Guest

Yikes sorry Aries that I didn't answer with the answers to some of the other things here! ahh first.. you yunguns! Im so ancient, I tell ya... So Larry Blakes is still around-as is Moe's (handed down to a daugther of Moe's - shes a bitch too like her dad lol) The print mint is still there, though changed ownership when Don (Jenny and Ona-my best friends father) died years ago-what else can I tell you about it and berkeley.. Berkeley, the REAL Berkeley (those of us that have been there awhile, tho I visit it as opposed to living there now) is PEETS, not starbucks.. you will only find tourists or newbies in Starbucks lol. Let me know if anyone has questions! I tell ya, its so nice to have people recognize the importance of Berkeley back in the day.

You must read the book Murder among the mighty.
    By Jay Robert Nash he talks about the murders and
    what happened after that.

Jack-O-Lantern Guest
    My Mom read the installments in the paper (San Francisco Chronicle) back in the '70's every week while riding the BART train to work to SF - before they were all integrated into the books. So she was pretty excited when the series was made - 20 years later!

She was quite familiar with SF back then - even earlier in the '60s. She told us stories about doing her laundry at a laundromat out in the Tenderloin with all the Gay guys on a Saturday night. The Tenderloin was quite Gay back then - before all the druggies and hookers took it over.
    I read the installments too, every morning before high school!

And about the Tenderloin, even THAT neighborhood is undergoing yet another sea change...the druggies and hookers are disappearing fast, the hood is now largely populated by immigrants and has been, as of the new year, officially (!!!) renamed by the city as "Little Saigon." They've even attached those little flags to all the light poles down there with the new name, I assume so we will all stop calling it the Tenderloin.
    I've got news for them, it'll always be the 'loin to me and everyone else, just like "Monster Park" will always be Candlestick.

They crack me up, just leave stuff alone, you know??!!

Forever-27 Guest
    Theyve turneed the Haight into yuppie disneyland. After the flower children came and went, they couldnt give thoes properties away. Real run down. Today any place in the Haight is worth millions of dollars