Brad Pitt, “Once Upon A Time In Hollywood”
    Anthony Hopkins, “The Two Popes”

BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS IN A MOTON PICTURE

Annette Benning, “The Report”
    Margot Robbie, “Bombshell”
    Jennifer Lopez, “Hustlers”
    Kathy Bates, “Richard Jewell”
    Laura Dern, “Marriage Story”

I've seen a few people surprised about how many noms The Irishman has got already considering it hasn't got such great reviews critics or fans.

Quote Originally Posted by shellc View Post
    I've seen a few people surprised about how many noms The Irishman has got already considering it hasn't got such great reviews critics or fans.
    well reviewed

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_irishman

and well received

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1302006/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

I'd like to see it.
    I read, "I Hear You Paint Houses" three or four years ago.
    I know that a lot of people who have studied Hoffa and his disappearance discredit the book, but I thought it seemed credible.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

Yeah, I noticed a day or so after I posted that the site I had read it on was bullshitting. The reason I thought there might be something in it was because I also read a report saying that according to date, although people were starting to watch it, not many actually finished it although Netflix have now come out and said that is actually common with their stuff.

The reviews that I have seen calling it out seem to be aimed at Robert in particular. Ever since he spoke out about he who should not be named, a lot of people went from thinking he was the best thing since sliced bread to saying he is lucky he still gets roles.

De Nero had to take a lot of crappy roles to pay for his wife's, now ex I think, spending. He tarnished his own brand. Hopefully this role might shine him up a bit.
    Last edited by cleanskull; 12-16-2019 at 01:13 PM.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

Quote Originally Posted by cleanskull View Post
    De Nero had to take a lot of crappy roles to pay for his wife's, now ex I think, appending. He tarnished his own brand. Hopefully this role might shine him up a bit.
    I heard about that the other day on NPR. Odd but his explanation during the interview seems plausible (she said about one of the best American actors. Hmm.)

A cheesy award at best, most awards are these days. So many talented actors get passed over for the usual suspects.
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

Quote Originally Posted by Mansfield67 View Post
    A cheesy award at best, most awards are these days. So many talented actors get passed over for the usual suspects.
    Remember how Pia Zadora won one in 1982.

Pia Zadora won one in early 1980s,
    for some movie nobody ever remembers
    because her husband was rich.
    Last edited by cindyt; 12-19-2019 at 07:34 PM. Reason: Combined dupe.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

10. 12-19-2019, 06:35 PM
    Reason
    Dupe

I do ! LOL. Her husband bought it for her. I think the powers that be, studio heads and such call the shots. I still cringe every time I think Paltrow won the Oscar over Cate Blanchett. Harvey played a part in that robbery !
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

I do ! LOL. Her husband bought it for her. I think the powers that be, studio heads and such call the shots. I still cringe every time I think Paltrow won the Oscar over Cate Blanchett. Harvey played a part in that robbery !
    Harvey is such a creep, he should be in prison.
    what he did to the women.

The majority of awards these days are bought and paid for. Even the Oscars have been called out because when things came out about Weinstein being a disgusting POS, a bunch of people admitted he put pressure on them to vote for who he wanted rather than who actually deserved it a few times which explains a lot about certain people being nominated and winning even though they shouldn't have.

The Golden Globes are long known to have been one of the worst but they exposed themselves with the Taylor Swift nomination for Best Song. The rules are supposed to be that the films have to have been released and had at least a 7 day run before being nominated and since Cats wasn't premiered until a week or so after the nominations were released and the director admitted only finishing it the day before, it's obvious they were given a rough cut to watch which is supposed to be against the rules.

The majority of awards these days are bought and paid for. Even the Oscars have been called out because when things came out about Weinstein being a disgusting POS, a bunch of people admitted he put pressure on them to vote for who he wanted rather than who actually deserved it a few times which explains a lot about certain people being nominated and winning even though they shouldn't have.

The Golden Globes are long known to have been one of the worst but they exposed themselves with the Taylor Swift nomination for Best Song. The rules are supposed to be that the films have to have been released and had at least a 7 day run before being nominated and since Cats wasn't premiered until a week or so after the nominations were released and the director admitted only finishing it the day before, it's obvious they were given a rough cut to watch which is supposed to be against the rules.
    Welll, they are a sham. I think it was in the 90's a Canadian documentary did an expose on them. As I recall, the supposed " foreign press" did not exist at all. It seemed all cloak and dagger, with few wishing to speak, at least on camera. In 2003 another one was made. I would like to see this one. https://www.baltimoresun.com/news/bs...474-story.html

wait until early Jan 2020 when Rickey Gervais is
    the host of the Golden Globes once again.

True, it's all about famous people sitting at a table
    and being drunk on wine.