Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Golden Globes Nominations 2020

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    toronto, canada ( Etobicoke)
    Posts
    4,796

    Golden Globes Nominations 2020

    BEST MOTION PICTURE – DRAMA
    “1917”
    “The Irishman”
    “Joker”
    “Marriage Story”

    BEST MOTION PICTURE – MUSICAL OR COMEDY
    “Dolemite is My Name”
    “Jojo Rabbit”
    “Knives Out”
    “Once Upon a Time in Hollywood”
    “Rocketman”

    BEST DIRECTOR
    Bong Joon Ho, “Parasite”
    Sam Mendes, “1917”
    Quentin Tarantino, “Once Upon A Time In Hollywood”
    Martin Scorsese, “The Irishman”
    Todd Phillips, “Joker”

    BEST ACTOR – DRAMA
    Christian Bale, “Ford v. Ferrari”
    Antonio Banderas, “Pain and Glory”
    Adam Driver, “Marriage Story”
    Joaquin Phoenix, “Joker”
    Jonathan Pryce, “The Two Popes”

    BEST ACTRESS – DRAMA
    Cynthio Erivo, “Harriet”
    Scarlett Johansson, “Marriage Story”
    Saoirse Ronan, “Little Women”
    Charlize Theron, “Bombshell”
    Renee Zellweger, “Judy”

    BEST ACTOR – MUSICAL OR COMEDY
    Daniel Craig, “Knives Out”
    Roman Griffin Davis, “Jojo Rabbit”
    Leonardo DiCaprio, “Once Upon a Time in Hollywood”
    Taron Egerton, “Rocketman”
    Eddie Murphy, “Dolemite Is My Name”


    BEST ACTRESS – MUSICAL OR COMEDY

    Awkwafina, “The Farewell”
    Ana de Armas, “Knives Out”
    Beanie Feldstein, “Booksmart”
    Emma Thompson, “Late Night”
    Cate Blanchett, “Where’d You Go Bernadette”


    BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR IN A MOTON PICTURE

    Tom Hanks, “A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood”
    Al Pacino, “The Irishman”
    Joe Pesci, “The Irishman”
    Brad Pitt, “Once Upon A Time In Hollywood”
    Anthony Hopkins, “The Two Popes”


    BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS IN A MOTON PICTURE

    Annette Benning, “The Report”
    Margot Robbie, “Bombshell”
    Jennifer Lopez, “Hustlers”
    Kathy Bates, “Richard Jewell”
    Laura Dern, “Marriage Story”

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    1,195
    I've seen a few people surprised about how many noms The Irishman has got already considering it hasn't got such great reviews critics or fans.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    toronto, canada ( Etobicoke)
    Posts
    4,796
    Quote Originally Posted by shellc View Post
    I've seen a few people surprised about how many noms The Irishman has got already considering it hasn't got such great reviews critics or fans.
    well reviewed

    https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_irishman

    and well received

    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1302006/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    6,329
    Quote Originally Posted by shellc View Post
    I've seen a few people surprised about how many noms The Irishman has got already considering it hasn't got such great reviews critics or fans.
    I'd like to see it.
    I read, "I Hear You Paint Houses" three or four years ago.
    I know that a lot of people who have studied Hoffa and his disappearance discredit the book, but I thought it seemed credible.

    A faulty hypothesis forming:

    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.



  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    1,195
    Yeah, I noticed a day or so after I posted that the site I had read it on was bullshitting. The reason I thought there might be something in it was because I also read a report saying that according to date, although people were starting to watch it, not many actually finished it although Netflix have now come out and said that is actually common with their stuff.

    The reviews that I have seen calling it out seem to be aimed at Robert in particular. Ever since he spoke out about he who should not be named, a lot of people went from thinking he was the best thing since sliced bread to saying he is lucky he still gets roles.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Middle Earth
    Posts
    12,928
    De Nero had to take a lot of crappy roles to pay for his wife's, now ex I think, spending. He tarnished his own brand. Hopefully this role might shine him up a bit.
    Last edited by cleanskull; 12-16-2019 at 02:13 PM.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    20,935
    Quote Originally Posted by cleanskull View Post
    De Nero had to take a lot of crappy roles to pay for his wife's, now ex I think, appending. He tarnished his own brand. Hopefully this role might shine him up a bit.
    I heard about that the other day on NPR. Odd but his explanation during the interview seems plausible (she said about one of the best American actors. Hmm.)
    .

    Life is like a box of chocolates: unless it was sent to you by Divine.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Burlington,Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    3,451
    A cheesy award at best, most awards are these days. So many talented actors get passed over for the usual suspects.
    To really know people is to be able to read between the lines on their faces.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,137
    Quote Originally Posted by Mansfield67 View Post
    A cheesy award at best, most awards are these days. So many talented actors get passed over for the usual suspects.
    Remember how Pia Zadora won one in 1982.

    Pia Zadora won one in early 1980s,
    for some movie nobody ever remembers
    because her husband was rich.
    Last edited by cindyt; 12-19-2019 at 08:34 PM. Reason: Combined dupe.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Burlington,Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    3,451
    I do ! LOL. Her husband bought it for her. I think the powers that be, studio heads and such call the shots. I still cringe every time I think Paltrow won the Oscar over Cate Blanchett. Harvey played a part in that robbery !
    To really know people is to be able to read between the lines on their faces.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,137
    Quote Originally Posted by Mansfield67 View Post
    I do ! LOL. Her husband bought it for her. I think the powers that be, studio heads and such call the shots. I still cringe every time I think Paltrow won the Oscar over Cate Blanchett. Harvey played a part in that robbery !
    Harvey is such a creep, he should be in prison.
    what he did to the women.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    1,195
    Quote Originally Posted by Mansfield67 View Post
    A cheesy award at best, most awards are these days. So many talented actors get passed over for the usual suspects.
    The majority of awards these days are bought and paid for. Even the Oscars have been called out because when things came out about Weinstein being a disgusting POS, a bunch of people admitted he put pressure on them to vote for who he wanted rather than who actually deserved it a few times which explains a lot about certain people being nominated and winning even though they shouldn't have.

    The Golden Globes are long known to have been one of the worst but they exposed themselves with the Taylor Swift nomination for Best Song. The rules are supposed to be that the films have to have been released and had at least a 7 day run before being nominated and since Cats wasn't premiered until a week or so after the nominations were released and the director admitted only finishing it the day before, it's obvious they were given a rough cut to watch which is supposed to be against the rules.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Burlington,Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    3,451
    Quote Originally Posted by shellc View Post
    The majority of awards these days are bought and paid for. Even the Oscars have been called out because when things came out about Weinstein being a disgusting POS, a bunch of people admitted he put pressure on them to vote for who he wanted rather than who actually deserved it a few times which explains a lot about certain people being nominated and winning even though they shouldn't have.

    The Golden Globes are long known to have been one of the worst but they exposed themselves with the Taylor Swift nomination for Best Song. The rules are supposed to be that the films have to have been released and had at least a 7 day run before being nominated and since Cats wasn't premiered until a week or so after the nominations were released and the director admitted only finishing it the day before, it's obvious they were given a rough cut to watch which is supposed to be against the rules.
    Welll, they are a sham. I think it was in the 90's a Canadian documentary did an expose on them. As I recall, the supposed " foreign press" did not exist at all. It seemed all cloak and dagger, with few wishing to speak, at least on camera. In 2003 another one was made. I would like to see this one. https://www.baltimoresun.com/news/bs...474-story.html
    To really know people is to be able to read between the lines on their faces.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,137
    wait until early Jan 2020 when Rickey Gervais is
    the host of the Golden Globes once again.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,137
    Quote Originally Posted by shellc View Post
    The majority of awards these days are bought and paid for. Even the Oscars have been called out because when things came out about Weinstein being a disgusting POS, a bunch of people admitted he put pressure on them to vote for who he wanted rather than who actually deserved it a few times which explains a lot about certain people being nominated and winning even though they shouldn't have.

    The Golden Globes are long known to have been one of the worst but they exposed themselves with the Taylor Swift nomination for Best Song. The rules are supposed to be that the films have to have been released and had at least a 7 day run before being nominated and since Cats wasn't premiered until a week or so after the nominations were released and the director admitted only finishing it the day before, it's obvious they were given a rough cut to watch which is supposed to be against the rules.

    True, it's all about famous people sitting at a table
    and being drunk on wine.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •