Thread: Haunting of Sharon Tate

Haunting of Sharon Tate

How much of this movie was made up/facts?? I don't remember Sharon's dog ever tragically killed. Did Manson offer killers really do that? Her E!THS didn't mention it. In fact Garrettson said he kept all the dogs out, morning after.

Actually Sharon's dog Dr. Saperstein was killed but not like in the movie. He was accidentally run over by Voyteck Frykowski I assume while the Polanski's were in Europe. Roman by all accounts never told her the truth about what happened. He bought her a new dog which she named Prudence and was at the house with the caretaker at the time of the murders. Having seen the film, I would say mostly fiction.
    Last edited by Mansfield67; 10-18-2019 at 02:11 PM.
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

The film is mostly fiction, The dog wasn't killed, as mansfield said and Steven Parent wasn't living in a camper on the property and was not the care taker, he was 18 I think living at home about to go to college, wonder why the movie went so far fron the truth?

To ignite sensationalism, of course.

Just the Title of the movie: Once upon a time in Hollywood.
    Makes it sound like a fairy tale (so you knew they could put
    some stuff in the film that never happened)
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    The film is mostly fiction, The dog wasn't killed, as mansfield said and Steven Parent wasn't living in a camper on the property and was not the care taker, he was 18 I think living at home about to go to college, wonder why the movie went so far fron the truth?
    That was just bizarre. I suppose to bring him more into the narrative, which was tasteless. I have often wondered if Sharon mentioned her dog that Roman had said "must have run away" to Voyteck and Abigail when she came back. If she knew the truth she might have asked them to leave. I would have.
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

Quote Originally Posted by theotherlondon View Post
    Just the Title of the movie: Once upon a time in Hollywood.
    Makes it sound like a fairy tale (so you knew they could put
    some stuff in the film that never happened)
    Just an excuse for artistic license. Margot Robbie is a front runner for an Oscar nomination. I don't understand why, she doesn't have much in the film to do other than look beautiful and ethereal. No real acting went into her portrayal.