Thread: Woman found alive in Hawaii forest says she struggled not...

Woman found alive in Hawaii forest says she struggled not...

to give up. Amanda Eller, who went missing on 8 May during a hike in the Makawao Forest Reserve, said she fell off a cliff during her ordeal

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/may/26/amanda-eller-hawaii-forest-found-alive-only-option-life-d

Ya think?
    I'm really happy that she's OK - these things don't work out that way often enough.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

Seems kinda iffy to me. It's very hard to stay lost on an island that small for that long. I think it is 23X40 miles? You start walking in one direction and you are going to hit a road before too long.

Quote Originally Posted by john*thomas View Post
    Seems kinda iffy to me. It's very hard to stay lost on an island that small for that long. I think it is 23X40 miles? You start walking in one direction and you are going to hit a road before too long.
    Thank You, I still say something strange about the whole thing.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

Wasn't the trail she was on, only around 2 miles long? And they said on an average weekend 20,000 hikers can be on the trail?

I just don't see how you could be lost 17 days in such an area. 3 days tops.
    [SIGPIC]Morgan[/SIGPIC]

She was probably walking in circles and exercising poor judgement based upon a really bad sense of direction.
    And being a yoga instructor, she might have had her eyes closed a lot of the time or just been sitting there in some kind of odd looking posture that might have made all the other people on the trail kind of avoid her, not that they had any way of knowing that she was lost.

I've about decided that if you want to get out into nature without risking being lost or cut off from other people, you should probably stick to climbing Mt. Everest like everyone else.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post
    She was probably walking in circles and exercising poor judgement based upon a really bad sense of direction.
    And being a yoga instructor, she might have had her eyes closed a lot of the time or just been sitting there in some kind of odd looking posture that might have made all the other people on the trail kind of avoid her, not that they had any way of knowing that she was lost.

I've about decided that if you want to get out into nature without risking being lost or cut off from other people, you should probably stick to climbing Mt. Everest like everyone else.
    LOL