Thread: Stefanie Sherk - Suicide by Drowning

Stefanie Sherk - Suicide by Drowning

https://people.com/movies/demian-bic...de-depression/

At first it was said that she died peacefully then later it came out that she committed suicide by weighing herself down in the swimming pool.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah I saw that too, sad.

Very sad. I knew a lady that drowned herself at the lake I work at. She tied a concrete block on herself and jumped off the boat loading dock.

Diving into my parents pool and getting an intake of water sent me into a panic ! I can't imagine what her mind set would have been, unless she was sedated somewhat. Terrible way to go, very sad.
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

Quote Originally Posted by Mansfield67 View Post
    Diving into my parents pool and getting an intake of water sent me into a panic ! I can't imagine what her mind set would have been, unless she was sedated somewhat. Terrible way to go, very sad.
    Never came that close, but I've been under water and went into a panic because I didn't think I was going to surface. I can think of much better ways to murder myself.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

So can I. But I would rather not think about it !
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

Quote Originally Posted by Mansfield67 View Post
    So can I. But I would rather not think about it !
    Seriously.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I could not drown myself. Too slow.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

Is it just me or did anyone else think that her weighing herself down in the family swimming pool was a big F.U to her husband? Like she knew he'd probably be the one to find her. I don't know. It just seems like a final F.U to him. I haven't heard anything about their relationship though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I keep wondering if she changed her mind once she was in the water. Did Virginia Woolf?
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by Domino View Post
    Is it just me or did anyone else think that her weighing herself down in the family swimming pool was a big F.U to her husband? Like she knew he'd probably be the one to find her. I don't know. It just seems like a final F.U to him. I haven't heard anything about their relationship though.
    You could be right. I have been reading other stories and no one can actually confirm if they were even married. Where she was born is about a 30 minute drive from where I live, I have never heard of her, or him for that matter. His Instagram posts were a little much IMO. Something was wrong in the relationship to make her do this . I think it will come out in time.

I know him from the tv show Weeds and the Tarantino movie The Hateful Eight. I'd never heard of her. Seems like I read that they've been together for a long time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

yeah I am getting a vibe that there is something fishy about this whole mess.

Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    yeah I am getting a vibe that there is something fishy about this whole mess.
    I'm thinking that also. Apparently he was out shopping for groceries, if she went in not long after he left she would have been dead by the time he got home. I think she waited for him to return and possibly did it in front of him. As Domino said that was her fuck you moment. Did he go in after her ? I'm guessing he did. There would have been a struggle to bring her to the surface depending how heavy the weights were. But, the damage was already done. So what happened between them ? Pretty drastic way to end your life even for Hollywood.

I've read that drowning is supposed to be a very peaceful way to go.
    I'm not sure how they claim know that - can't be from post-event interviews after all.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post
    I've read that drowning is supposed to be a very peaceful way to go.
    I'm not sure how they claim know that - can't be from post-event interviews after all.
    I've heard that too, but I don't buy it.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    I've heard that too, but I don't buy it.
    I've read interviews with people who almost drowned.
    Several of them say that there is a moment of panic followed by feelings of great serenity and peacefulness.

I think I'd rather go kicking and screaming, thank you very much.

If I'm going to go with the feeling of serenity and peacefulness I would rather it be when I'm asleep. But, if I have to go it won't be without a fight , so yeah kicking and screaming.

I can't recall where I read it but I recall someone almost drowning and saying it was peaceful , like her lungs were filling up with honey .Sounds horrific to me .

Quote Originally Posted by artymorty View Post
    I can't recall where I read it but I recall someone almost drowning and saying it was peaceful , like her lungs were filling up with honey .Sounds horrific to me .
    Somehow, "lungs filling up with honey" just doesn't give me that peaceful, easy feeling.
    I don't know what's wrong with me.