Thread: Sondra locke

Sondra locke

Apparently she died at 74 on Nov 3rd and it was just recently announced. Heart attack while dealing with bone and breast cancer.

https://radaronline.com/exclusives/2...lint-eastwood/

Bone and breast cancer ? Poor girl. Started off so promisingly in the late 60s. After she broke off with Eastwood she sort of disappeared. I used to wonder if he had her banned.

Also, breast cancer often gets into the bones.
    Last edited by cindyt; 12-13-2018 at 02:26 PM.
    KELT' HOME FOR WAYWARD YOUTH-
    Helping Young Men To Turn Around For Over Twenty Years !

From what I remember she spilled a bunch of stuff about their relationship, including that he made her get at least one abortion, all or part of which might have been lies.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

RIP, Sondra.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

She was a delicate beauty. Loved her in The Heart Is A Lonely Hunter and Sudden Impact. I hope her life was good after Eastwood, who I have never liked . RIP Sondra.
    Last edited by Mansfield67; 12-13-2018 at 05:34 PM.
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

RIP.

Quote Originally Posted by Mansfield67 View Post
    She was a delicate beauty. Loved her in The Heart Is A Lonely Hunter and Sudden Impact. I hope her life was good after Eastwood, who I have never liked . RIP Sondra.
    I never like her. No reason. I like Eastwood, but that has nothing to do with it. Here's wiki's version of their relationship and break up. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sondra_Locke
    Last edited by cindyt; 12-13-2018 at 09:28 PM.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

And another story. Explains why she seemed to disappear. Lawsuits settled out of court, so, who knows?

RIP.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

RIP, Sondra. I thought she was great as Antoinette Lily in "Bronco Billy".

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    I never like her. No reason. I like Eastwood, but that has nothing to do with it. Here's wiki's version of their relationship and break up. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sondra_Locke
    Yeah, it does have nothing to do with it for me also. I just never liked him as an actor, and I think less of him as a person. A classic womanizer and probably a misogynist. The man is not even sure how many children he has ! I think I read 7 with 5 women.
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

Yeah, it does have nothing to do with it for me also. I just never liked him as an actor, and I think less of him as a person. A classic womanizer and probably a misogynist. The man is not even sure how many children he has ! I think I read 7 with 5 women.
    Yeah, I remember when he married or shacked up with his co-star in The Unforgiven, Frances Fisher. They had a baby. And then they split up. Not long after he married again to a woman "who wasn't in the business." That's the last I heard of his personal life. Very few of them are who they present themselves to be. And I think a lot of people mix them up with the characters they play--not that Eastwood is known for his spotless characters.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

He has only been married twice. His first wife knew of his exploits with other women, but she looked the other way for years. She finally filed for divorce when things got humiliating for her. I know nothing about the second wife other then she was 35 yrs. younger then him.

Sad news, I also loved her in the film: The Heart is A Lonely Hunter.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

She was a beautiful young woman. It always makes me wonder what her life would have been like had she never met Eastwood at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by sierrarose View Post
    She was a beautiful young woman. It always makes me wonder what her life would have been like had she never met Eastwood at that point.
    Good question: maybe she would of had a better life not meeting
    a right wing jerk. (who talked to a empty chair)
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

16. 12-26-2018, 06:23 PM

According to Wikipedia:
    Locke was a breast cancer survivor, having undergone a double mastectomy and chemotherapy in 1990.[38] During treatment, she began dating one of her surgeons, Dr. Scott Cunneen, who was 17 years younger than Locke. He moved in with her in 1991.[4] In 2001, Locke purchased a six-bedroom home in Hollywood Hills, where she then resided.[39]

So, it seems her life was pretty good in the end.

edit: sorry, I guess a simple cut and paste is not so simple.
    Last edited by Corydora; 02-03-2019 at 09:04 PM. Reason: looks wrong