Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Lady of the Dunes

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    45

    Question Lady of the Dunes

    'Jaws' mystery: Did long unknown 'Lady of the Dunes' Cape Cod murder victim appear in movie scene?

    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...cid=spartandhp

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Middle Earth
    Posts
    13,009
    Sounds fishy to me.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    4,457
    I was reading about this last night. Even if it has nothing to do with the movie, it's a case that has my interest.
    Do not regret growing older it is a privilege denied to many

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    6,727
    Interesting, but I'd have to think unlikely.
    It begs the question though:
    If it could possibly be her, might the killer also be in the crowd and be one of the others caught on film?
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.



  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    45
    Photo of the body:

    Please don't post gore. Post a link instead.

    https://postimg.cc/image/8tbtu3m1x/
    Last edited by cindyt; 08-08-2018 at 07:14 PM. Reason: gore

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    4,457
    Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post
    Interesting, but I'd have to think unlikely.
    It begs the question though:
    If it could possibly be her, might the killer also be in the crowd and be one of the others caught on film?
    That would really be something !
    Do not regret growing older it is a privilege denied to many

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    1,537
    Thankfully, she has finally been identified as Ruth Marie Terry and was 37 at the time of her death. She was identified using investigative forensic genealogy, which combines DNA analysis with genealogy research and historical records.

    They think her killer is now dead but they are still asking for tips anyway in the hope they can finally close the case.


    https://www.cbsnews.com/boston/news/...ied-tennessee/

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    4,457
    Hopefully they will be able to solve this case, and I hope they do. The killer might still be alive if he was younger then her.
    Do not regret growing older it is a privilege denied to many

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    San Diego CA
    Posts
    6,803
    I am glad they finally identified her and hope they can solve the case.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,186
    Quote Originally Posted by Mansfield67 View Post
    I was reading about this last night. Even if it has nothing to do with the movie, it's a case that has my interest.
    Me too.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    1,537
    Quote Originally Posted by Mansfield67 View Post
    Hopefully they will be able to solve this case, and I hope they do. The killer might still be alive if he was younger then her.
    One of the people they are looking at is her ex husband who she only married a few months before she died. He was a suspect in the 1960 death and mutilation of his ex wife and stepdaughter whose remains were found in the septic tank of their home and family business. Ruth's death was also viscious as her skull was crushed, she was near decapitated and her hands cut off. He fled town before cops had the chance to talk to him although he was never arrested. He died in 2002 so if he was her killer, he got away with it.

    https://www.nbcboston.com/investigat...davin/2891059/

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    4,457
    Quote Originally Posted by shellc View Post
    One of the people they are looking at is her ex husband who she only married a few months before she died. He was a suspect in the 1960 death and mutilation of his ex wife and stepdaughter whose remains were found in the septic tank of their home and family business. Ruth's death was also viscious as her skull was crushed, she was near decapitated and her hands cut off. He fled town before cops had the chance to talk to him although he was never arrested. He died in 2002 so if he was her killer, he got away with it.

    https://www.nbcboston.com/investigat...davin/2891059/
    Wow, thanks for that info shellc! I am now curious about that book he wrote, sounds disturbing!
    Do not regret growing older it is a privilege denied to many

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    1,537
    Quote Originally Posted by Mansfield67 View Post
    Wow, thanks for that info shellc! I am now curious about that book he wrote, sounds disturbing!
    From what I've seen, it looks like it's out of print. Some people on the lost media reddit page are trying to track down a copy of it and someone claimed to have a copy so hopefully they will upload some images.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •