Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mindy McCready

Mindy McCready

Last edited by johnny; 02-17-2013 at 06:10 PM.
    Delusion. Life's Best Coping Mechanism
    Check out Floyd's new Band:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHYA5iAAJg8

MunstersBabe Guest
    Damn. That's too bad.

In a Sea of Sorrow Guest
    She's the 3rd loss from Season 3 of Celebrity Rehab. Dr. Drew has lost a total of 4, now. So very sad. She was such a beauty and so talented.. She just had a baby in April 2012 and her bf killed himself in January. Sheesh. Pure tragedy.

RebelRocker Guest
    rest in peace

I knew this one was coming...right after the boyfriend died. It was just a matter of time. It was all she needed to finally push her over that ledge...

Bayou Queen Guest
    I didn't know she was on celebrity rehab. What a sad life, even sadder is the fact that she leaves two young children.

Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post
    I knew this one was coming...right after the boyfriend died. It was just a matter of time. It was all she needed to finally push her over that ledge...
    Yep. I wondered how long she would last. RIP.

Rhonda Guest
    Sad. Dr. Drew does not have a great track record with the celebs. MAYBE because they should go to an actual rehab where they are not filmed and exploited for ratings.

Forever-27 Guest
    Had to look her up, id never heard of her. But while celeb rehab is on I'm usually watching Aqua Teeen Hunger Force

ozzysmom Guest
    Mike Starr
    Jeff Conaway
    Rodney King
    Mindy McCready

All of their deaths make me feel so sad after seeing their struggles on Celebrity Rehab.....May they all rest in peace......

Tragic. I feel so sad for her children. I feel sad for her too. She was so talented and seemed to be plagued by trouble her whole life. RIP
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Wow, I had no idea she had died. Not really surpised though. Her life was very turbulent. I feel for her children and her family.
    Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils.

Was she a suspect in her boyfriends death?
    Knowlege Comes With Deaths release

Heaven's on the pillow,it's Silence competes with Hell

"If you don't go to other peoples' funerals,they won't come to yours."-Yogi Berra

Nurseexam Guest
    She was a nut job...there are reports she might have shot her boyfriend in jan. also she lost her kids last week to children's services.....

I watched her on Celebrity Rehab. She was having seizures, and they had done a scan on her, and had found she had significant brain damage, due to her years of abusing drugs/alcohol. The kids are the ones I truly feel sorry for.

Quote Originally Posted by In a Sea of Sorrow View Post
    She's the 3rd loss from Season 3 of Celebrity Rehab. Dr. Drew has lost a total of 4, now. So very sad. She was such a beauty and so talented.. She just had a baby in April 2012 and her bf killed himself in January. Sheesh. Pure tragedy.
    So, so sad....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Casper, I love you so much baby boy... waking up with you in the house is a blessing every day! Thank you for filling our home and hearts with so much love, joy, laughter and ever so sweet Sammy smiles! We belong together! XOXOX

Here's an interview from a couple of weeks ago: http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment...-david-wilson/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by michihunt View Post
    Here's an interview from a couple of weeks ago: http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment...-david-wilson/
    I missed this theory. People think she killed him or had something to do with his death?

Samantha Guest

Mindy McCready

It is being reported Mindy shot herself and her dog. What a sad end to a long sad life.

IrishBabe Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by LLC View Post
    I missed this theory. People think she killed him or had something to do with his death?
    I thought he had killed himself, I'd never heard that people thought she had something to do with it.

Either way, it's such a sad loss for her sons. Poor kids.

His family had some suspicions that she had something to do with his death. I don't know all the details but they were throwing some major shade her way.

I can't say I'm surprised by her death - shocked but not totally surprised. She tried to kill herself before and once when she was pregnant I believe. I really don't like country music but I like her first two albums. I thought she was gonna be big but then she just derailed. Very sad.

Edit to add: TMZ said she shot her dog too. Damn!
    Last edited by MagneticElectric; 02-17-2013 at 07:45 PM.
    "You live alone, creating your life as you go." - Edie Sedgwick

I'm not surprised but it still makes me sad. She was a lost soul. But what the hell did the dog do? Glad she didn't have her kids.

ozzysmom Guest
    Apparently when the boyfriend died, he was found on their front porch. When she shot herself today, she was found on the front porch also.......

Still kind of a shock. I really feel sorry for her kids. The youngest is 9 months old and has now lost both of his parents.

Flowergrrl Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by midnitelamp View Post
    Was she a suspect in her boyfriends death?
    No, he committed suicide.

She didn't have to shoot the dog too. She could have least tied him up in the yard before blowing her head off...I mean geez.

IrishBabe Guest
    She didn't have to shoot the dog too. She could have least tied him up in the yard before blowing her head off...I mean geez.
    I agree, but man...people are being complete hateful douche canoes about it on Twitter and comment sections. I know people love their animals, but seriously, the whole thing is a tragedy. I'm more hurt for her children than her dog.

Wow I really feel for the kids. RIP
    To my Father. Even though you have crossed the plane, you will always be with me.
    You were not just my Father, but my hero. My life has been a poor attempt to be like you
    You taught me music, vocals, and how to fight. I can only hope I am half the man you are
    When I close my eyes I can see you. And finally, Thank you Dad. for everything.
    March 1934-July 2016

I am very sorry to hear this. I saw her on Celeb Rehab. Mackenzie Phillips was on that season, also, and she and Mindy seemed to bond with one another. I am not sure that Dr. Drew deserves to be blamed here as some of the people on his shows seem to have very turbulent pasts. This lady was just not able to overcome her demons. (I don't know why she chose to take her dog also). I feel for her kids who are going to need a lot of love and support to get them through this situation.

Flowergrrl Guest
    That's a pretty low thing to do. If she had her kids with her, she probably would have killed them too... Just a guess, but who shoots their dog just because they're wanting to end it?!!

She may not have actually killed him, but it wouldn't have surpised me if she drove him to it. Sad for her kids, though. Her young son will never understand why his parents didn't care enough about him to stick around.

Sorry, I'd like to feel bad for Mindy and her bf but they had a child to care for. Poor little guy.
    Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils.

Quote Originally Posted by Flowergrrl View Post
    That's a pretty low thing to do. If she had her kids with her, she probably would have killed them too... Just a guess, but who shoots their dog just because they're wanting to end it?!!
    It's not that unusual actually. Some people want the pet to go with them to....wherever and others just do it just because. Suicide isn't a totally rational act so it stands to reason that the other things the person may do leading up to the event doesn't make a whole lotta sense to anyone but them.
    "You live alone, creating your life as you go." - Edie Sedgwick

Quote Originally Posted by Flowergrrl View Post
    No, he committed suicide.
    From what I have read, no official cause of death has been released. Mindy's rep was the one who said he committed suicide...test results are due out til the end of this month.​Who knows...

She shot the dog? Lord have mercy.

I'm from Arkansas and this has been all over the news. The sheriff's department recently reopened the case on her boyfriend because they are not sure it was suicide. They are looking at some evidence and doing some forensic testing, and shortly after that was announced, she went into rehab for a short time and checked herself out. When she got out this last time and I started reading and hearing more about it, I had a suspicious feeling this wasn't going to end well.

I feel so bad for her children.

I'm not too familiar with her, but it just makes me angry. You loser. You have two kids. What are they supposed to do?
    Everyone must die but not everyone has lived

She killed her dog as well. Bitch.

If her kids had been there she would have killed them too. There's no damned doubt in my mind about that now.
    You robbed an international house of pancakes. How waffle-Harry T. Stone

Twitter: @rchamberlain87 Follow me if you want. Just play nice.

Only the good die young....

Quote Originally Posted by sierrarose View Post
    I am very sorry to hear this. I saw her on Celeb Rehab. Mackenzie Phillips was on that season, also, and she and Mindy seemed to bond with one another. I am not sure that Dr. Drew deserves to be blamed here as some of the people on his shows seem to have very turbulent pasts. This lady was just not able to overcome her demons. (I don't know why she chose to take her dog also). I feel for her kids who are going to need a lot of love and support to get them through this situation.
    Wasn't it Mindy that had the seizure and fell off the bed when they both were talking and Mackenzie thought she was fucking about at first?

Cant really say I'm surprised at all.

Yeah, the part about the dog cinched it for me. She was a selfish, mentally unstable individual. She shouldn't have been allowed to have kids OR a pet.

Her kids were in foster care. She left rehab after 2 days. She was a mess.

Starstruck Guest
    That was the longest suicide in history, was always going to end like that.

She shot herself? yikes! RIP

Thought she was gorgeous when she came out

RebelRocker Guest
    why does it bother people that she killed her dog? honestly if it was just her and the dog, who would take care of it if she was dead? im just thinking that maybe she was thinking no one would take care of it. that maybe it would go to shelter and be killed anyway. so a quick and painless death for an animal she loved.

MinLynn Guest
    First of all, I think suicide is probably one of the most selfish acts a person can commit. I can't be an angel and say it has never crossed my mind in some of my darkest times but I just could never picture putting my loved ones through that pain and anquish. The other thing that helped me snap out of the "suicide would work" mentality is when my own mother attempted suicide nearly 5 years ago over losing their home to foreclosure (and didn't tell anybody. Just decided to off herself the day the sheriff sent the 24 hour vacate notice). She and her husband, my grandmother and my sister (and their 2 dogs) wound up living with me for some time but before I would allow it, I told her that suicide would have accomplished absolutely nothing. Not only would she have been leaving her family homeless but we'd also be tasked with mourning our mother and planning a funeral. What the hell would that have accomplished in her eyes? I wish I could say she got the help she needed but she really didn't. She was getting wonderful help for about 6 months and I had never seen her happier but then her douchebag husband made her go off her meds and quit therapy because he was embarrassed over it. Fuck head. I worry every day that I'm going to get that call again because she's back in that place in her head. Anyway, on to the dog killing..........

My Mom has 3 dogs and they are her special babies. She seriously dotes on these dogs more than she ever did on me or my sister. They are her life. If she were to decide to kill herself again, I have no doubt she'd kill the dogs as well. In her eyes, nobody else would love them or take care of them the way she can so they would be better off dead with her (and she'd probably want them buried with her as well.). Of course, none of this is true but, remember, suicidal people aren't in their right minds anyway and are probably in the most selfish frame of mind that a person can get into. It does not surprise me that she took the dog with her if the dog meant that much to her. And from my own experience, a pet can mean way more to a person than even their own kids so I don't necessarily think she would've killed the kids.

I feel really bad for Mindy in some ways, though. There really isn't that much help out there for those with mental illness and you don't realize that until you suffer from mental illness and are trying to get the help you need. Insurance companies have made it so difficult to get proper help and it is extremely hard to find a doctor or therapist that truly is out there to help you and not just get their hours worth of money. I've been going through it for over a year now. There are a lot of meds I'm supposed to be on but I have yet to be able to get in to see anybody due to insurance policy changes and the whole "We can see you but not for another 6 months. We're really booked!" It really does make you give up on life in a lot of ways. I don't know how I would handle the things she has gone through recently while suffering from mental illness. I like to think I'd put my chin up and get through it, but I don't know.

I hope she's finally at peace though and I hope that her children find a way to forgive her at some point.

candle11 Guest
    This is horrifying. I only know her from 'Celebrity Rehab' but omg I can't believe she did this! And she has 2 sons, one of which is 6 years old. This is horrible

I had that feeling too after the BF offed himself. Hoped it would have been a wake up call for her. But sadly, no.
    Cindy

Very sad.

That interview with Mindy in the above video is pretty eerie. They even show the front porch where they both killed themselves, and then she mentioned how they found the bullet that went thru her boyfriend's head - in the dog's mouth...the one she killed.

I don't think she killed her boyfriend.

50. 02-18-2013, 03:51 AM

Quote Originally Posted by toddmanning View Post
    She killed her dog as well. Bitch.

If her kids had been there she would have killed them too. There's no damned doubt in my mind about that now.
    I was just about to post the same thing. If her kids hadn't have been taken away by CPS and placed in foster care I'm sure she would have killed them too.
    When you lose a parent you lose your past. When you lose a spouse you lose your present. When you lose a child you lose your future.
    R.I.P Kim: http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...336317&df=all&
    R.I.P Dad http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...&GRid=93315851
    R.I.P Mom http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...&GRid=97780420