Thread: Dolores O'Riordan lead singer of the Cranberries

Dolores O'Riordan lead singer of the Cranberries

I'm not a fan but it's so sad. That's just way too young. So are they going to leave her death classified as "unexplained"?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I liked her voice. So young. RIP.

I loved her voice. I was a fan but not to the point of being aware of her long history of issues.

Very sad news; only 46 years old. I like many Cranberries songs, thanks to Dolores O' Riordan's vocals. May she RIP.

Toxicology will reveal all I'm afraid. RIP
    To understand the living, you got to commune with the dead.
    Minerva

R.I.P.

Only 46? Way too young!

sad. way too young. i read she has been depressed etc for awhile. i never knew she had drug issues or anything. so we will see

I'd be surprised if it was an illegal drug-related death because she seemed so adamantly anti-drug. I'm going to guess painkillers because she'd been having isses with her back, from what I've read. I wouldn't be surprised if this was an accidental overdose. Regardless, it's sad. I loved the Cranberries (and coincidentally their best album was called To The Faithful Departed).
    "I'm down in this valley where the wheels turn so low
    At dawn I pray to the Lord of my soul
    I say dear Lord, do right by me
    You know
    I'm tired of being lonesome, on'ry and mean..." - Waylon

She had a painful Childhood, She has dealt with her own set of Demons, we all have a few, her whole life. I liked her voice, a few of their songs, borderline fan I guess. RIP, Dolores.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

Dolores O'Riordan's cause of death will not be revealed until at least April, a London coroner's office announced Friday.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/cranberries-dolores-oriordan-no-cause-of-death-until-at-least-april-w515631

Sad indeed.
    I liked the music.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

I wasn't a big fan but I did like some of their songs. Very sad to learn of her history, at least she is at peace now. RIP.

So they had an open casket funeral, and the Death Hag in me is asking... no pics?

Quote Originally Posted by helo99 View Post
    So they had an open casket funeral, and the Death Hag in me is asking... no pics?
    There will be one, just gotta play the waiting game until someone leaks it.

She had a beautiful voice. She also apparently had a lot of problems. RIP.
    The most dangerous woman of all is the one who refuses to rely on your sword to save her because she carries her own.

- R.H. Sin

Some really good pictures of the service here.

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/dolor...aid-in-repose/
    You know

I used to be a huge fan in the early 90s. I had just become a teenager and was in the middle of being over my boy band and wanting to listen to real bands phase and a friends dad gave me a loan of his Everybody Else CD and I was hooked. I loved how her voice was so unique that you would know it was her singing as soon as you heard her voice. This was a death that actually was a shock because no one saw it coming. I know it's said a lot but this time we have genuinely lost a talented woman.

As for seeing a pic, I'd say it's 50/50. She was known but she wasn't a huge star. Saying that I wouldn't put it past someone going to her viewing just to sneak one because they know people want to see it.

I'm feeling some real sadness over this the last couple of days.
    It's odd because I wasn't a big fan - I just liked the music a bit.
    I've been listening to some of her stuff and watching some vids - just seeing her so alive and smiling and moving around while singing in her unique voice makes me sad that she's gone now. It seems... premature.

Quote Originally Posted by Jangles View Post
    Dolores O'Riordan's cause of death will not be revealed until at least April, a London coroner's office announced Friday.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/cranberries-dolores-oriordan-no-cause-of-death-until-at-least-april-w515631
    That's a shame because it creates a lack of closure.

She had a fabulously distinct voice. I remember when the Cranberries' first album came out. They were in heavy radio and MTV video rotation back when MTV still played videos.

I knew a guy back then who was so entranced by the uniqueness of Dolores' voice that he said he fell in love with her, knowing it was silly because he'd never met her.

Quote Originally Posted by SomeChick View Post
    That's a shame because it creates a lack of closure.

She had a fabulously distinct voice. I remember when the Cranberries' first album came out. They were in heavy radio and MTV video rotation back when MTV still played videos.

I knew a guy back then who was so entranced by the uniqueness of Dolores' voice that he said he fell in love with her, knowing it was silly because he'd never met her.
    I miss those days on MTV. I got cable for the first time in 1993 and as you say, there were certain bands played all the time like Cranberries, Guns & Roses, Aerosmith and many others and most of them I would still listen to now all these years later unlike most of the so-called music we have today.

Quote Originally Posted by shellc View Post
    I miss those days on MTV. I got cable for the first time in 1993 and as you say, there were certain bands played all the time like Cranberries, Guns & Roses, Aerosmith and many others and most of them I would still listen to now all these years later unlike most of the so-called music we have today.
    The nineties were a great decade for music. Well, the early 90s, anyway. I was in college when The Cranberries and their contemporaries were just getting into the spotlight. I still love that music because it reminds me of a great time in my life. It was great stuff, too!

Newer music just doesn't give me that same feeling. Maybe it's because I'm not a kid anymore, but I don't think so. It's different now, almost like the heart and soul has been ripped out of the music industry and traded in for dollar signs.
    You know

23. 02-22-2018, 05:11 AM
    Reason
    Spam

Still not sure how she died?(very young)
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by theotherlondon View Post
    Three months and still no word.

Quote Originally Posted by theotherlondon View Post
    There was some speculation it could be suicide as she was found in her hotel room and it wasn't being treated as suspicious. She had attempted suicide before and also suffered from depression and had bipolar. The inquest was supposed to start on April 3 but for some reason it was removed from the schedule and they said it would be reset at a later date but that was it.

and it's june and still no set date. what is with this?
    "if you need anything, please don't hesitate to ask someone else first" Kurt Cobain

[SIGPIC] http://phineas4cobain.tumblr.com/post/36392280360 [/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by phineas117 View Post
    and it's june and still no set date. what is with this?
    Maybe the family wants it this way. If so, I am fine with the results never being released.

There was some speculation it could be suicide as she was found in her hotel room and it wasn't being treated as suspicious. She had attempted suicide before and also suffered from depression and had bipolar. The inquest was supposed to start on April 3 but for some reason it was removed from the schedule and they said it would be reset at a later date but that was it.
    I also thought it could be suicide.

COD has finally been announced. The coroner inquest today has said it was drowning due to alcohol intoxication ruling it as an accident as there were no signs of self-harm or injuries. There were bottles of pills found but it was only theraputic levels found in her blood unlike the alcohol in her system which was four times over the legal limit of driving.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-45434898
    Last edited by Shellie; 09-06-2018 at 06:49 AM. Reason: Added info.

This went in a direction I wasn't really expecting. I hope it helps the Family having it declared an accidental drowning.

Sad ending, IMO.
    I guess it might be a bit comforting to her family that she (apparently) wasn't living a despondent life and decided to end it.

33. 01-10-2019, 10:55 PM

34. 01-11-2019, 08:51 AM

35. 01-12-2019, 08:54 PM

36. 02-02-2019, 08:39 AM

https://www.npr.org/2019/04/23/71352...cn7h8xP_UZCwaU

The Cranberries are coming out with a final album, which will include the vocal tracks she laid down for their "next album" before she passed away.
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

COD has finally been announced. The coroner inquest today has said it was drowning due to alcohol intoxication ruling it as an accident as there were no signs of self-harm or injuries. There were bottles of pills found but it was only theraputic levels found in her blood unlike the alcohol in her system which was four times over the legal limit of driving.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-45434898
    A very sad ending to a troubled life.
    Last edited by theotherlondon; 05-18-2019 at 04:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cleanskull View Post
    She had a painful Childhood, She has dealt with her own set of Demons, we all have a few, her whole life. I liked her voice, a few of their songs, borderline fan I guess. RIP, Dolores.
    True enough, I still miss her.

A couple of vids of Dolores. The channel, "NPR's Tiny Desk Concert", is a damn good channel on You Tube. It's much more stripped down that MTV's Unplugged. A very large selection of artists have braved this show. Some might surprise you.

Dolores on NPR https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxsJvKYyVyg

Dolores on a similar type show, Europe 2. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qlw4NohB678

Great links, thanks so much!

Quote Originally Posted by cleanskull View Post
    A couple of vids of Dolores. The channel, "NPR's Tiny Desk Concert", is a damn good channel on You Tube. It's much more stripped down that MTV's Unplugged. A very large selection of artists have braved this show. Some might surprise you.

Dolores on NPR https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxsJvKYyVyg

Dolores on a similar type show, Europe 2. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qlw4NohB678
    Thank You, for saying this will so look into it.