Thread: Plot Twist: Horror Writer Jose Luis Calva Found With Body Parts

Kathyf Guest

Plot Twist: Horror Writer Jose Luis Calva Found With Body Parts

In Mexico, an aspiring horror novelist is arrested after police discover his girlfriend's torso in a closet, and other body parts scattered around his apartment. (Oct.12) (October 12)

Video-
    [SIZE=3]<iframe src="[/SIZE][SIZE=3]http://us.video.aol.com/player/launcher?refId=video:assetmms:2000332&autoplay=0&ar=us_en_video_408x406_snag[/SIZE][SIZE=3]" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" width="408" height="408"></iframe><div style="font-size: 0.6em; font-family:tahoma;">Powered by <a href="[/SIZE][SIZE=3] Video</a> </div>[/SIZE]

knothere Guest
    omg sooooooooooooooo grossssssssssssssssss
    http://www.crimelibrary.com
    I don't even go there anymore just T M I lol

GODDESS6 Guest
    eeeew, just eeewwww~ i never understood why someone would want to eat someone else~

Daphne Guest
    blech, can ya say Jeffrey Dahmer?

sherriebear Guest
    thats crazy, i don't know if its dahmer worthy, his were rather artsy in a omg im going to puke kind of way

ComputerGuy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by GODDESS6 View Post
    eeeew, just eeewwww~ i never understood why someone would want to eat someone else~
    Dead or alive?

hoxharding Guest
    Really, method is not the way to go when it comes to the horror genre. Just really gross.

Gardner32 Guest
    Oh come on, he's just doing research!

RubySlippers Guest
    That is crazy. Who woulda thunk it?!? LoL It isn't funny, but it kinda is. Ironic.

malaki Guest
    Love crimelibrary, another site I frequent everyday as I do Findadeath, does this make me morbid?? hahahaha.....Gotta keep on the latest news!!!

pvezz Guest
    Bones in a cereal box?? OMG....

Kareika Guest
    They always tell writers to "write what you know"...

Guest Guest
    Ummm didn't Ed Gain have bones in a cereal box too?

Apparently now he's saying he killed her accidentally _and_ that he wasn't cannibalizing her- he was feeding her to his dogs. Eesh:
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071016/...7r_TSG7jy3IxIF

Hmmm...somebody is trying to build a defense case, i think!

SistaSara Guest

Suspected Mexican cannibal found dead in cell

Reuters
    Published: December 11, 2007
    MEXICO CITY: A Mexican writer accused of killing his ex-girlfriend and eating parts of her body was found dead hanging by his belt in a prison cell on Tuesday, the prison service said.
    Jose Luis Calva, 38, who had been working on a book called "Cannibal Instincts," did not turn up for the morning roll call. Mexican media said he had committed suicide.
    Calva was awaiting trial for the murder of his former girlfriend, Alejandra Galeana.
    Police arrested Calva after bursting into his apartment in October and found a plate of fried human flesh on a dining table set with cutlery. They also discovered more flesh in a refrigerator and human bones in a cereal box.
    Galeana's mutilated body was stashed in a bedroom closet.
    Calva denied cannibalism but had said he killed Galeana after an argument. He said he cut her body up to get rid of it but then decided to cook parts to feed them to dogs, according to Mexico City prosecutors.
    Calva wrote poetry and had earned a living selling his work on the streets.
    The unfinished "Cannibal Instincts" book carried a cover photo of a man who looked like Calva wearing a mask similar to the one worn by Anthony Hopkins in the 'Hannibal Lecter' films, starting with the 1991 Oscar winner "Silence of the Lambs".
    In his apartment, police also found books on black magic and copies of the Hannibal Lecter movies, which tell the tale of a genius serial killer who eats his victims.
    (Reporting by Chris Aspin, Editing by Sandra Maler and Frances Kerry)

Jaxxx Guest
    Good riddance

Warmed Over Guest
    Huh, interesting. What's for dinner?

SuckMyKiss Guest
    This would have been more interesting if he had eaten himself.

SistaSara Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SuckMyKiss View Post
    I love the way you think.

Kathyf Guest
    good he desrved it

Death Hag Chris Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Warmed Over View Post
    Huh, interesting. What's for dinner?
    MEXICAN!!!!!!

leevancleef Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SuckMyKiss View Post
    i think it wouldve been even better if the family of his victims ate him.

I am so unsurprised that this guy offed himself (assuming somebody didn't go the job for him). I'm sure it's deeply disappointing to the family members of his victims that they didn't get their day in court. He was far off the rails, though, that I'm not suprised.

RigorMortis Guest
    Ahhhh fuck the day in court. Buh-bye! I only regret that the victim's family couldn't do it themselves if they had wanted to.

SueWahoo Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Death Hag Chris View Post
    MEXICAN!!!!!!
    Haw! Have you ever seen the movie Eating Raoul? Good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by RigorMortis View Post
    Ahhhh fuck the day in court. Buh-bye! I only regret that the victim's family couldn't do it themselves if they had wanted to.
    I wasn't saying "day in court" like the guy needed the process. Really no mystery there, as far as I could see- he did it, and confessed that he did it. Lots of evidence, etc. A lot of surviving family members find being able to face the killer in court, and often addressing them directly is helpful for them. Witness how many people come forward to give "Victim Impact Statements" in U.S. courts. If all you need to know is the guy is no longer walking the earth, I'm sure knowing he's gone is a small comfort. But a lot of survivors express anger and disappointment when a loved one's killer takes his own way out.

RigorMortis Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by amaranthaseven View Post
    I wasn't saying "day in court" like the guy needed the process. Really no mystery there, as far as I could see- he did it, and confessed that he did it. Lots of evidence, etc. A lot of surviving family members find being able to face the killer in court, and often addressing them directly is helpful for them. Witness how many people come forward to give "Victim Impact Statements" in U.S. courts. If all you need to know is the guy is no longer walking the earth, I'm sure knowing he's gone is a small comfort. But a lot of survivors express anger and disappointment when a loved one's killer takes his own way out.

Well the things you say are very true. At the same time I'm only looking at it from my perspective since that's the only one I really have. I'd just as soon see them dead then have to deal with them in any way. Reason being is that the narcisist, the anti-social, sociopath, and some of the various other diagnosis that most killers have don't give a rat's ass what a victim or their families are concerned with anyhow. They only portray emotions of empathy and remorse just as they fit into society by portraying these and other emotions when they really can't feel beyond themselves and their own concerns.

I do get what you are saying though. Many people don't understand these things and I'm sure that many would like to vent the way you state even if they do understand. A catharsis of sorts. I get that.

I'm just practical I suppose. I wouldn't want words with them I'd more likely want to hurt them physically. That way they could feel it. On the flip side of that though is the whole stooping to their level to some degree if only for revenge rather then self-fulfillment of the demented side.

ktkatinmn Guest
    Bump

REALLY slow day at work today. Again - sad that Crime Library is gone. I hadn't seen this one on there.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jos%C3%A9_Luis_Calva Wiki is seriously lacking in the info department.

I guess you have to do research if you want to be a good author.