Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Shocking facts about celebrities

GoldwynGal Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by leevancleef View Post
    BILLY BOB THORNTON had anorexia nervosa.

MARLON BRANDO loathed BURT REYNOLDS

STEVE BUSCEMI was once stabbed in the throat and arm in a bar fight.
    who doesn't?

John Connor Guest
    Rumours are circulating that Oprah may not be perfect.

msmojorisin84 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post

Whaaa?! No way, dude!!

Shano Guest
    Elizabeth Taylor was born with Hypertrichosis, which left her with soft black hair all over her body (think monkey) until she was a few months old. Can you imagine her parents reaction when she was born?! Wow!

beatlebaby4 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Shano View Post
    Elizabeth Taylor was born with Hypertrichosis, which left her with soft black hair all over her body (think monkey) until she was a few months old. Can you imagine her parents reaction when she was born?! Wow!
    ahhh but what a beauty she turned out to be. Love her.

Shamrocker99 Guest
    LinnythePooh..is that renee zellweger in your avatar????

Lotusflower Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by chirock View Post
    Oh good GOD, Noelle.... all I can think of now is that scene in "My Big Fat Greek Wedding," about the tumor having teeth, etc. Best line:

"Yes, it vas my twin!"

Lmao!!!!!
    LOL... also loved the part when she talks about having a "bibopsi"

KarmaKat Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post

I always had a feeling she wasnt. Hmm I dont know if you can trust rumours though

Impatience Guest
    I read thru all 10 pages before posting this one to make sure I didn't repost:

Apparently Jackie Kennedy had had her first affair (it was an actor and I can't remember the name and my mom has the book i read it in). that resulted in the pregnancy of Arabella (1956 - the child who was stillborn). This is apparently why JFK refused to come back off of his cruise. a friend of his on the cruise told him something to the effect of "if you want to be president you better go be with your wife". He did go, although belatedly, and it almost derailed the Kennedy marriage.

Overtaxed Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Shano View Post
    La-Liz may have been born with Hypertrichosis and overcame it as a baby, but she certainly became a HYPOCHONDRIAC and will NEVER outgrow that!

ShatteredMirror Guest
    Andy Kaufman's death was probably the only true funny thing about him.

radiojane Guest
    Some lil' tidbits from my giant stack of celeb bios: Vivien Leigh kept a closet full of silk squares to place her dirty undergarments under. Apparently friends were shocked at the amount of squares she had, especially in the early days of the Olivier relationship. (She also mailed him a pair of worn underwear, and both kept the letters they wrote about the exchange).

Marlene Dietrich waved her underwear under her son in law's nose to brag about her brief tryst with JFK.

... and on a non gotch related note...
    Bing Crosby was charged with a DUI after running a vehicle into a building. He was released from jail every evening to fulfill his Paul Whiteman engagements.

Orson Welles and Rita Hayworth's flame of passion burned so brightly in their marriage that their staff would sometimes have to buy up to three tins of condoms per day. Rebecca Welles was conceived on an expensive sofa one night when no prophylactic was available and Welles and Hayworth couldn't wait. For months afterwards, Welles would curse the couch, and finally had it burned.
    Last edited by radiojane; 03-31-2009 at 04:17 PM.

slw Guest
    These celebs has Heterochromia (multi-coloured iris):

Kate Bosworth

Mila Kunis

Jane Seymour

Christopher Walken
    David Bowie

David Bowies eyes are not different colours. The pupil in one eye is permanently dilated due to it being stabbed with a pencil

As for Jack Palance, BLIMEY!!!!!

Screwtape Guest
    Frank Sinatra asked Mia Farrow if she wanted him to have Woody Allen's legs broken. She said no, but he was sweet to offer.

Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ShatteredMirror View Post
    Andy Kaufman's death was probably the only true funny thing about him.
    Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Jack'sGirl Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RubySlippers View Post
    the actress who played Dottie (Elizabeth Dailey) in Pee Wee's Big Adventure was dating Jon Erik Hexum when he died. It happen fairly soon before Pee Wee filmed and in the scene where Pee Wee is laying on a stretcher, she was having panic attacks and they had to keep re-shooting because the death of her boyfriend was still too fresh in her mind.
    Ugh.

*Getting on soapbox*

Don't get me started on Elizabeth Dailey. She loves to tell everyone they were an exclusive item when he died. First she claimed 10 months, then a year. Not true. He had actually broken up with her weeks before he died, and, it was proven that he dated several other women at the time she claimes they were "soul mates."

She's about as trustworthy of a source about Jon-Erik as Victoria Principal is about Andy Gibb. And just as opportunistic, as far as her career goes. Easy to claim stuff when a guy is already dead, ya know?

Sorry. I'll climb off my soapbox now, and go back to my corner.

(no, that wasn't directed at you, Ruby. Just sour grapes when it comes to my boy! Forgive me!)

kafenervosa Guest
    Paul Stanley of KISS was born with a cauliflower ear and is deaf in the same ear.

Outlier Guest
    Liberace was gay.

beatlebaby4 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by kafenervosa View Post
    Paul Stanley of KISS was born with a cauliflower ear and is deaf in the same ear.
    cool, didn't know that

monroe62 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by KELT View Post
    MONROE by the way was working on THE MiSFITS not LET'S MAKE LOVE which had wrapped up filming by January 1960. ELIZABETH TAYLOR had been offered the part in 1959; she knew thought that she still owed M.G.M. a film and against her will she had to participate in BUtterfield 8 which was filmed from January through March 1960. She wanted to get her hands on that million dollars that WALTER WANGER had offered her for presence.
    THE MiSFITS was in production from July through November 1960. The first production of CLEOPATRA began filming in September 1960 with TAYLOR, and then PETER FINCH as Caesar and STEPHEN BOYD as Marc Antony.

Richard Avedon took several photos of Monroe as other legendary actresses including Theda Bara in Fall 1958. When Marilyn heard about the film, she sent the photo below into the studios execs for consideration which she never seriously was.

Kelt, MM's first day on set of 'Let's Make Love' was January 25th 1960 and due to a month long actor's labor dispute interupting production, along with other issues, didn't wrap filming until June 20th.

As you state, she then promptly went into filming 'Misfits' without any break which contributed to her difficulty during filming among other factors.

And part of the reason Monroe allowed still photographers on set during the nude swimming scene for 'Something's Got to Give' aside from giving the film much needed publicity, was to "Knock Liz Taylor's Cleo face off all the current magazines worldwide." so she told photog Lawrence Schiller when he brought his proofs for approval.

No love lost between MM and LT.

You mean hes not completely deaf? I woulda thought so considering how atrocious his music is.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

Screwtape Guest
    What, even "I Was Made For Loving You"?

Quote Originally Posted by Screwtape View Post
    What, even "I Was Made For Loving You"?
    Okay thats the one exception. Dont mess with my fastskate jam.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

ShatteredMirror Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlier View Post
    Liberace was gay.
    And he had so much plastic surgery that towards the end of his life he couldn't even close his eyes to sleep and thus would be asleep with his eyelids permanently opened. Strange but true.

MoonRabbit Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by D3LIVIÃ?N View Post
    I saw an interview with Raul Julia once around the time that the Adams Family movies were out where he told a story about having lunch with someone at a nice Beverly Hills restaraunt. He sneezed so hard that apparently one of his eyes shot out of his head and was dangling there. A few seconds later he shoved his eye back into the socket (as you do). I guess his doceter said that if he hadn't have done that that he probably would have lost vision in that eye. For some reason I always remember that story but I didn't know how many people had heard that before.

This reminds me of a photo I saw a few years ago on a message board.
    A muscle builder trying to lift extremely heavy dumbbells in a contest
    and was struggling so hard that his intestines blew out from his anus.
    Believe me it was horrible. They wouldn't state his name for obvious
    reasons.

MoonRabbit Guest
    Movie director SAM WOOD had 3 testicles. (Gone with the Wind one of about 3 directors)
    I wonder if it made him braver?

kafenervosa Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonRabbit View Post
    Movie director SAM WOOD had 3 testicles. (Gone with the Wind one of about 3 directors)
    I wonder if it made him braver?
    Oh man, too bad he couldn't give that extra one to Jon on Jon and Kate Plus 8--oops wrong thread .

CORONERGAL Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by monroe62 View Post
    Richard Avedon took several photos of Monroe as other legendary actresses including Theda Bara in Fall 1958. When Marilyn heard about the film, she sent the photo below into the studios execs for consideration which she never seriously was.

Kelt, MM's first day on set of 'Let's Make Love' was January 25th 1960 and due to a month long actor's labor dispute interupting production, along with other issues, didn't wrap filming until June 20th.

As you state, she then promptly went into filming 'Misfits' without any break which contributed to her difficulty during filming among other factors.

And part of the reason Monroe allowed still photographers on set during the nude swimming scene for 'Something's Got to Give' aside from giving the film much needed publicity, was to "Knock Liz Taylor's Cleo face off all the current magazines worldwide." so she told photog Lawrence Schiller when he brought his proofs for approval.

No love lost between MM and LT.
    Thank you for this picture, monroe62. I had never seen it before. And she still looks as beautiful as ever, even made up as someone else.

carebearsluv Guest
    This reminds me of a photo I saw a few years ago on a message board.
    A muscle builder trying to lift extremely heavy dumbbells in a contest
    and was struggling so hard that his intestines blew out from his anus.
    Believe me it was horrible. They wouldn't state his name for obvious
    reasons.

My husband told me that he saw this pic. He still hasnt been able to get the image out of his mind

MoonRabbit Guest
    Oh man, too bad he couldn't give that extra one to Jon on Jon and Kate Plus 8--oops wrong thread .
    That extra ball could have helped someone!

Pat Bateman Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by carebearsluv View Post
    My husband told me that he saw this pic. He still hasnt been able to get the image out of his mind
    You've piqued my curiousity now. I really want to see this pic.

ZoeAnne Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat Bateman View Post

I remember seeing it too it was pretty nasty (Rotten.com, perhaps.....been a while)

Nicksmorbidfascination Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat Bateman View Post

i did see this pic about 4 yrs ago on www.rotten.com titled weightlifter i think...i dont have enough guts to go there these days and look for it myself, there were no intestines just a prolapsed anus straight through his leotard thingy, may not be the same pic. still gross as hell....
    Last edited by Nicksmorbidfascination; 04-03-2009 at 02:19 AM.

Pat Bateman Guest
    Thanks for the link.
    The pic wasn't nearly as bad as it sounded (or maybe that's just me).
    The grossest part was reading that the guy behind the weightlifter was sprayed with "fecal matter" when the unfortunate incident took place. Ouch.

Nicki Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Impatience View Post
    I read thru all 10 pages before posting this one to make sure I didn't repost:

Apparently Jackie Kennedy had had her first affair (it was an actor and I can't remember the name and my mom has the book i read it in). that resulted in the pregnancy of Arabella (1956 - the child who was stillborn). This is apparently why JFK refused to come back off of his cruise. a friend of his on the cruise told him something to the effect of "if you want to be president you better go be with your wife". He did go, although belatedly, and it almost derailed the Kennedy marriage.

Never heard that one at all. What book was that from? Was it Kitty Kelly? I think Jack was pretty good at derailing or throwing wrenches in the pile all by himself.

Impatience Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicki View Post
    Never heard that one at all. What book was that from? Was it Kitty Kelly? I think Jack was pretty good at derailing or throwing wrenches in the pile all by himself.
    No, not Kitty Kelly. It was 'Nemesis' by Peter Evans (http://www.amazon.com/Nemesis-Aristo.../dp/0060580534)

MoonRabbit Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicksmorbidfascination View Post
    i did see this pic about 4 yrs ago on www.rotten.com titled weightlifter i think...i dont have enough guts to go there these days and look for it myself, there were no intestines just a prolapsed anus straight through his leotard thingy, may not be the same pic. still gross as hell....
    ewwwww

I today don't have the guts (no pun intended) to see that photo again.
    No thanks.

How awful to have been sprayed with his do do. Ugh

ozzysmom Guest
    ewwwww

No thanks.

hahaha, you said "do do"....LOL.............

Nicksmorbidfascination Guest
    ewwwww

No thanks.

i always wondered what my dad meant when he said...."you try lifting that by yourself and you'll pop your poopa valve"

now i know eek.. poo

RubySlippers Guest
    James Dean was practically blind without his glasses. He would make some appearances without them and people thought he was being cool by squinting all the time (you can see it in some of his photographs) but he really is having a hard time seeing. Notice in the pics with him signing autographs --- in all of them he is holding them incredibly close to his face or bent down to them at a table. His sunglasses were perscription, BTW. another facet of the mystery of his death. there was a lot of specualtion if he was actually wearing them at the time of his accident. there are conflicting reports.

Eric Stoltz was the original Marty McFly but was canned after a month of filming.
    More pics:
    http://hurtyelbow.typepad.com/hurtye...to-future.html

beatlebaby4 Guest
    I can't imagine anyone else playing Marty McFly but MJF. I thought he and Christopher Lloyd had great chemistry.

illuxia Guest
    The weigth lifter incident debunked by Snopes... (gross image warning!)

soonerpimp Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by stlouisparker View Post
    hello...new poster here.
    interesting fact about james dean. he was once engaged to liz sheridan, the woman who played jerry's mother on "seinfeld". i believe that she was a dancer in her youth. i would love to see a picture of her when she was young!
    Welcome Parker!

Impatience Guest
    hello...new poster here.
    interesting fact about james dean. he was once engaged to liz sheridan, the woman who played jerry's mother on "seinfeld". i believe that she was a dancer in her youth. i would love to see a picture of her when she was young!

**Ask and ye shall receive:

RubySlippers Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Impatience View Post
    hello...new poster here.

**Ask and ye shall receive:

There are not many pics of her. I read her book "Dizzy & Jimmy: A Love Story". Although a engaging and heart wrenching story - I tend to believe much of the infatuation was one sided. She loved him deeply and he left a profound impression on her for life - but Jimmy was so self centered, he couldn't and didn't return the affection. I don't believe they ever were engaged. She was an experience for him. He would never marry her.

MoonRabbit Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulSister View Post
    Re: Halle Berry's hearing lost. I found out from a reliable source that neither Wesley Snipes nor David Justice beat Halle and caused her hearing loss. The abuse was from the hands of Christopher Williams. Many of you may remember him from the film "New Jack City" and he was also kinda popular as a singer in the early 90's.

Here's a vid for his song from the movie soundtrack:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0SZBFcuil4

*WARNING* May cause bad 90's fashion/dancing flashbacks! lol
    Did you know that beautiful Halle Berry gets big time gas from diet
    aids?
    She herself said that.

Valerie Guest
    CNN anchor Anderson Cooper's mother is:

Gloria Vanderbilt.

Quote Originally Posted by carebearsluv View Post

It was later proven that it was fake.

Roaming Tigress Guest
    Ricardo Chavira almost joined the priesthood.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yNL-7pKuUY

More sad than shocking, maybe, but his sisters have been diagnosed with breast cancer and are receiving treatment; this is what his mother passed away from (combined with ovarian cancer). Cancer sucks
    Last edited by Roaming Tigress; 04-07-2009 at 11:55 PM. Reason: Had a little soemthing to add