Thread: WKRP in Cincinnati

onehunglow Guest

WKRP in Cincinnati

WKRP. Two great things "I swear to god I thought Turkeys could fly" and Jan Smitters. What else, hell Mr. Carlson drove a Dodge.

knothere Guest
    good thread
    Who is alive from W K R P ? lol

onehunglow Guest

I think most except Gordon Jump

Quote Originally Posted by knothere View Post
    good thread
    Who is alive from W K R P ? lol

Gordon was Mr. Carlson, but he sucked as the Maytag Repair man.

GODDESS6 Guest
    i just bought the season I dvd, they are all still alive i 'm sure~ i love that show~

ComputerGuy Guest
    Gordon Jump Passed on Sept 22, 2003 from pulmonary fibosis leading to heart and respiratory failure
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jump.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	19.2 KB 
ID:	24  
    Last edited by ComputerGuy; 10-13-2007 at 06:44 AM.

GODDESS6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerGuy View Post
    Gordon Jump Passed on Sept 22, 2003 from pulmonary fibosis leading to heart and respiratory failure
    piss i had no idea at all, thanx for clearing that up~
    RIP Mr Carlson~

Unhappy

Sylvia Sidney who played Mama Carlson passed away on July1, 1999 of throat cancer.

**Jenna** Guest
    I liked that show,the theme was catchy

I was so in love with the guy who played Andy. Hell I can't even remember his name now. I think it was the perfectly feathered hair that hooked me.
    Wanna see my grandkids?

**Jenna** Guest
    I liked him too,whats his name Gary Sandy or something like that I think

hoxharding Guest
    Gary Sandy-from Cincinnati and has his own website! Yes, I thought he was very cute(that hair!)
    www.garysandy.com

Cool website! They only showed one recent pic of him but let me tell ya (whispers) I'd do him!!!!!
    Wanna see my grandkids?

Hag1 Guest
    one of my very favorites! Last time I saw Loni Anderson, she was quite nipped, tucked, plumped lipped, with the same hairdo. Shame, she was beautiful and probably would have aged gracefully--sigh

That "older and heavier" picture of Andy Travis--DANG. He's aging gracefully for sure.

My favorite episodes were the early one when the station changes music format and Johnny Fever scratches and rips off the classical record and goes nuts in the booth with the new music, and the one where there's a state trooper in the booth giving drinks to Johnny and (???) to prove that alcohol hinders response time, and Johnny's response times get faster with alcohol.

Howard Hesseman now. He needs to put those shades back on.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Loved this show! Loved Howard as Johnny Fever, and tried to catch his guest spots on other shows...at lease until I saw Victims (he played a horrible serial rapist) and he swept Ann Romano off her feet and onto a horse in the last episode of One Day at a Time. Poor Howard.

Death Comes, Ripping Guest

Bidmor Guest

Does anyone remember the phone cops that freaked Johnny out? It was so funny. What a great show.
    Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils.

DonnaMc Guest
    I loved the show! Johnny Fever was the funniest of all. I didn't care to much for Andy (he was too perfect). I loved Loni Anderson too.

20. 05-12-2012, 12:54 PM

So enjoyed that sitcom when I was trying
    to grow up.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

SquirrelNutZipper Guest
    Howard Hesseman today looks like Nick Fleetwood.

Do I have that right? I'm a bit fuzzy because I had a few glasses of wine. In fact, he might not look like him at all once this buzz wears off.

Quote Originally Posted by tiffsboys4 View Post
    Sylvia Sidney who played Mama Carlson passed away on July1, 1999 of throat cancer.
    Actually, Carol Bruce played Mama Carlson (she really did look like Sylvia Sidney). Carol died in 2007.
    Cindy

radiojane Guest
    Sylvia Sidney played her in at least one episode, possibly the pilot.

As of the mid-1980's, when I lived in Cincinnati, the actor who played Les Nessman came out to the bars, dressed in character (bow tie, etc.), on Thanksgiving. I bumped shoulders with him & couldn't believe it. Must be in honor of the turkey episode
    "We've had threads about guys fucking picnic tables, animals and dead bodies. Third boob ain't going to stop a damn thing." - cleanskull

I liked WKRP too. YouTube seems to take the Thanksgiving episode down as fast as it is posted. I got to meet and talk with Gordon Jump about a movie he was in called "Making The Grade". He was very nice and told me a few behind the scenes stories about making the movie. (He also autographed my poster for the movie.)

havoc Guest
    One of my favorite shows! A lot of the episodes are on Hulu.

"As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly"
    "They're hitting the ground like sacks of wet cement!"
    "She's a bad mamma jamma"
    "Les, what is this eyewitness weather? Well, I just look out the window and witness the weather."
    "Booger....."

And because of Venus Fly Trap, I know how an atom works.....

Loved Venus Flytrap!!!
    "We've had threads about guys fucking picnic tables, animals and dead bodies. Third boob ain't going to stop a damn thing." - cleanskull

ChiChi Rodriguez, pronounced by newsman Les as Chai-Chai Rodro-gweez.

tarsier Guest
    turkeys can fly -- sort of.

havoc Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWrath of MadelineKahn View Post
    LMAO!!!! Classic!

Bidmor Guest
    ...and those godless tornadoes

Quote Originally Posted by TheWrath of MadelineKahn View Post
    And the little Mexican dogs - cha-hooa-hooas

Quote Originally Posted by Luanne View Post
    That "older and heavier" picture of Andy Travis--DANG. He's aging gracefully for sure.

My favorite episodes were the early one when the station changes music format and Johnny Fever scratches and rips off the classical record and goes nuts in the booth with the new music, and the one where there's a state trooper in the booth giving drinks to Johnny and (???) to prove that alcohol hinders response time, and Johnny's response times get faster with alcohol.

Howard Hesseman now. He needs to put those shades back on.

At one point soon after the format change, Mr. Carlson comes in to ask Johnny what orchestra he is playing. "Pink Floyd" says Johnny. LOL

Bbeelzebub Guest
    Gordon Jump played a pedophile on a very special episode of Diff'rent Strokes. He makes a move on Dudley and Arnold. After that episode, I had a hard time separating Mr. Carlson from the character he played on DS.

They have a hard time getting this show on DVD because of all the music royalty issues. I think for season one they went back and used alternate music dubbed in. Same problem that they face with The Wonder Years.

lol I was the same way with Gordon Jump. I could never think of him differently after that DS episode!

Bbeelzebub Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by atomicbettie View Post
    lol I was the same way with Gordon Jump. I could never think of him differently after that DS episode!
    Exactly! I swear, my mom would call for a washing machine repair man and I'd be freaked out and hiding under the bed that Gordon Jump would be showing up at my house!

That is too funny. I bet there is a whole generation of people who only think of Gordon Jump as a pedo. haha.

Bidmor Guest
    Today is the 30th anniversary of an historic event! Fan-fare please.

On October 30, 1978 was the first airing of "Turkeys Away".

One of the top ten funniest sitcom eps ever, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Bidmor View Post
    Today is the 30th anniversary of an historic event! Fan-fare please.

On October 30, 1978 was the first airing of "Turkeys Away".

One of the top ten funniest sitcom eps ever, IMO.
    34 years!

Bidmor Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by shipmatekate View Post
    34 years!
    Thank you, Kate.

Cheap keyboard won't type what I'm thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by onehunglow View Post
    WKRP. Two great things "I swear to god I thought Turkeys could fly" and Jan Smitters. What else, hell Mr. Carlson drove a Dodge.
    Two great thing were 1) Loni & 2) Anderson! Forgive me, I was going through puberty then... Anyways! This was absolutely my favorite show back in the day, the chemistry was just awesome, much like they had on "FRIENDS". I love how Herb Tarlek was always chasing Loni Anderson, the craziness of Dr Johnny Fever and Venus Flytrap, Les Nessman and his invisible office, hell, I could go on and on. The good thing is you can still watch it on HULU, last I checked the Turkey episode is there too!
    By my troth, I care not; a man can die but once; we owe God a death.... He that dies this year is quit for the next.
    --William Shakespeare!

Did anyone else ever notice how Les Nessman always had bandaids on his face or neck or hands?

My favorite like was when Johnny was having some sort of weird episode and was convinced that the "phone cops" were after him.
    Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils.

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Dangitbawb View Post
    Two great thing were 1) Loni & 2) Anderson! Forgive me, I was going through puberty then... Anyways! This was absolutely my favorite show back in the day, the chemistry was just awesome, much like they had on "FRIENDS". I love how Herb Tarlek was always chasing Loni Anderson, the craziness of Dr Johnny Fever and Venus Flytrap, Les Nessman and his invisible office, hell, I could go on and on. The good thing is you can still watch it on HULU, last I checked the Turkey episode is there too!
    Miss Loni is a local from the Twin Cities and once dated one of our former Governors, Wendell Anderson (no relation)

Quote Originally Posted by NewEnglander View Post
    Did anyone else ever notice how Les Nessman always had bandaids on his face or neck or hands?
    YES! Always!