Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pamela Smart

Danny62 Guest

Pamela Smart

Pamela Smart was sentenced to life in prison in 1991 for plotting the May 1990 murder of her husband, Gregory Smart. Her trial was televised and gained national attention because of its lurid details: Smart, the 22 year-old media services director at Winnacunnet High School, had convinced William "Billy" Flynn, a 15-year-old student and her lover, to murder her husband. Flynn and three accomplices killed Gregory Smart in his home with a gunshot to his head and then tried to make it look like a botched robbery. Flynn, Patrick Randall, and Vince Lattime, Jr. were captured and then struck a deal with prosecutors in January 1991, agreeing to testify that Smart had masterminded the plot. Also used against her at trial were incriminating recordings made secretly by the police with the help of Cecelia Pierce, a high school student who had interned with Smart. During the televised trial, Smart came across as pretty and poised -- but to many she seemed a little too poised, and the tabloids dubbed her "Ice Princess." The young men were sentenced to long jail terms for their roles in the crime, and Smart was convicted in March 1991 and sentenced to life in prison with no chance of parole.

Pam with her husband she had murdered!

Noelle Page Guest
    Ooooh, good thread, I love this case (except for the injustice of the murder of course).

Pam cracked me up. Knew just what a teenage boy would like. I bet she's one tough bitch in prison.

Danny62 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Noelle Page View Post
    Ooooh, good thread, I love this case (except for the injustice of the murder of course).

Pam cracked me up. Knew just what a teenage boy would like. I bet she's one tough bitch in prison.
    Damn and she looks so sweet and inocennet...thats what freaks me out!!

Oh yeah she knew how to get him to do anything, just withhold sex!!

Noelle Page Guest
    Nicole Kidman played her too classy in "To Die For." She's the type who would say "wicked"

Actually Demi Moore played a good Pam-like townie in some movie, what was it? Now SHE would have been a good Pam back in the day.

I heard Pam turned Lesbo in prison. Now she's got the women in there doing her bidding!

Kathyf Guest
    I remember watching clips from this.

disco Guest
    Pamela wasnt to smart apparently. A divorce would have been alot easier.

MIZIZVOGUE Guest
    The devil made her do it.

RoRo Guest
    I think she is guilty as hell but this is an interesting site http://www.pamelasmart.faithweb.com/index.html

cherryghost Guest
    Nicole Kidman would never be capable of getting a character just right! She doesnt have the depth to realise such emotion or even lack of it!

sassie Guest
    Actually Demi Moore played a good Pam-like townie in some movie, what was it? Now SHE would have been a good Pam back in the day.
    Mortal Thoughts?

And I agree...Demi can give her characters that hard, bitchy edginess.

hoxharding Guest
    To Die For was based on a book-if you liked the film, you should read the book.
    I was working at a theater when To Die For came out.
    Demi Moore would make a great Pamela.

mel306 Guest
    Helen Hunt played Pamela too in a TV movie. I think it came out before To Die For. To Die For was loosely based on the story, but the Helen Hunt movie was supposed to be straight forward.

Jersey Girl Guest
    ^ That's the one I saw.
    I loved this case too. Blew my mind how she had those kids manipulated.

bluebear71 Guest
    Using kids in that way should earn her a special room in hell.

Danny62 Guest
    I was reading she was also afraid he would get the dog it they had a divorce, yeah another good reason to kill him!!!

bluebear71 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny62 View Post
    I was reading she was also afraid he would get the dog it they had a divorce, yeah another good reason to kill him!!!
    You didn't mention the dog!! Yes that changes everything, KILL HIM!!!!!!

sassie Guest
    Billy Flynn served in prison for sixteen years before asking for a sentence reduction - told the judge that, even though he could have applied sooner, he waited until he had spent just as much time inside as he had outside.

Not condoning the murder, but sounds like this kid might really have a conscience.

endsleigh03 Guest
    I saw her just the other day in an interview.
    Cold and phony.

Jersey Girl Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by bluebear71 View Post
    Using kids in that way should earn her a special room in hell.
    Oh absofriggenlutely!
    Yeah, she was afraid he'd get the dog.. yes, murder the SOB!

Robert Vesco Guest
    Pamela Smart was interviewed on some network news program (Dateline, 20/20 or something like that) several years ago. She was all sweetness and dripping with charm when she told the story of her innocence. But when the reporter confronted her with several lies and inconsistencies in her story, she couldn't explain the discrepancies ("that's the way you see it, I see it differently" was pretty much her only coherent response), and immediately turned cold and hostile. She is exactly where she belongs.

bluebear71 Guest
    But knowing she is not eligable for parole, I do wish her a LOOOOOOOOOONG life.

GODDESS6 Guest
    she was such an evil woman~

cachluv Guest
    "I heard Pam turned Lesbo in prison. Now she's got the women in there doing her bidding!"

---She probably did.

Even Tony Soprano says "it doesn't count in prison". I've read where other psychopathic personalities have said this too. So to some, it's whatever is going around at the moment, anything it takes to stay on top. While not having to go without.

I can think of worse than turning to some "she" for love and comfort...I wonder, if it's true, how many others have done this? Psychologically, statistically speaking I mean?

Lisamarie Guest
    I remeber Gregs father story about how they visited her just after he had been shot and there was the spot on the rug and she jumped over it like it was nothing at all ....like not a spot someone had died but just a mess that needed to be cleaned up. She was a evil bitch...poor Greg..how the hell did he get mixed up with that broad?? I saw right through her...even in her interview ecently it was all poor me ..poor poor me.....shut up and go much a rug bitch....

SquirrelNutZipper Guest
    I had a student in my class years ago...not the sharpest knife in the drawer but certainly one of the nicest kids I've ever known.

His "claim to fame" in his town was that he bought a second-hand car in NH and it's first owner was Pam Smart.

Maybe not the greatest piece of trivia but you'd have to meet this kid. Everytime he tells the story he tells it with such pride. You'd think he graduated top of his class from Harvard.

Noelle Page Guest
    Pam's lingerie shots were classic!

Lisamarie Guest
    yeah..she was so trashy! With that big teased hair ...funny stuff!

Danny62 Guest
    Pam's lingerie shots were classic!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisamarie View Post
    yeah..she was so trashy! With that big teased hair ...funny stuff!

Yeah and she knew exactly how to manipulate a teenager!! Kid of sad how evil she was!!!

Thinking back when I was a teen I still would not murder someone just for sex.

And I think that was a big point she told him no more sex unless he killed him!

Pretty fucked up case to say the least!!!

lisalouver Guest
    Gunaman William Flynn wants out of prison.

http://www6.comcast.net/news/article....Smart.Gunman/

I guess he thinks he served enough time. Hope the judge does not agree. His deal stated he had to do at least 28 years.

His wife wants him to come home and he has changed in prison.

Ok, sure.
    Last edited by lisalouver; 01-22-2008 at 10:39 AM.

Lisamarie Guest
    I have to agee, I think to myself how dare you! When Greg Smart is rotting in a grave because ...you had a crush?? Thats great he is reformed.....but I just think if your doing so great...guess what? You can cotinue doing great in jail were murderers belong. And he did it for the most selfish reason of all...sexual gratification. I mean this lady who married him has a teenage daughter? What a sellfish woman to do that to your daughter...the stigma of her your step daddys a murderer..not to mention the question of friends coming over.....If I was a parent I would be like hell no. He murdered an innocent man who died begging for his life on his knees after getting home from work...Where his last wors something about his wedding ring too.....but just like Karla m sure he will be let out.

lisalouver Guest
    Yes, I agree. He needs to stay in prison. I don't care how much he claims to have reformed. What else is there to do in prison anyhow?

He needs to at least do his minium. I don't think any judge will let him out before that.

Mamma Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RoRo View Post
    I think she is guilty as hell but this is an interesting site http://www.pamelasmart.faithweb.com/index.html
    I went through this website a while back, and although the webmaster is a staunch supporter of Pam, I couldn't help but get the final hardy-har-har when reading it.

Specifically, Pam has a metal plate in the side of her face because a few inmates beat the tar out of her a few years ago. Oh well .... It's got all sorts of lagniappe in the site for all interested. The American Justice episode on Smart is great stuff too.

Greg Smart's father talked about going to the apartment his son and Pam shared, after his sons murder. A huge blood stain was still on the floor at the entrance. When Pam led the way inside with her father in law behind her, he claims Pam hopped over the blood stain without a care in the world ...more like it was a puddle of mud in her way, a distraction more or less. If this were my husband? I don't think i could even stand to live in the same house ever again.

Pam is certainly where she needs to be, and those recordings from the wire tap the young girl from high school wore were most damaging.

Lisamarie Guest
    Hell yeah! She was soo cold blooded..I loved during her trial when she stands up and says " do I have to listen to this? " haha!! Yeah bitch you do! Im glad they beat her up! serves bitch right.

Mamma Guest
    Hell yeah! She was soo cold blooded..I loved during her trial when she stands up and says " do I have to listen to this? " haha!! Yeah bitch you do! Im glad they beat her up! serves bitch right.
    Oh yeah baby! Rock~n~Roll !!! You HAVE to listen to this! Didn't she also stand up and say to the dad (during his impact statement) "C'Moooooonnn" !!! I swear that's what she said.

Lisamarie Guest
    I think she did in tha God Awful annoying voice of hers!!! Greg was cute too! A lot beeter looking then that mullet wearing weak boy she was doin. I would love to throw something at her! Like dog poo!!

Mrs. Watson Guest
    "To Die For" was based on Joyce Maynard's book. It's another one of those "fiction" books. Actually, it's pretty funny, very droll. Maynard also wrote a non-fiction book called "Internal Combustion" about the Teacher Of The Year in Michigan who chopped up her husband with a hatchet.

Hmm I think that might deserve it's own thread.

Anyway. I'm inclined to think Billy Flynn should be paroled. Not because I'm easy on criminals, quite the opposite. I think he was a very messed up kid who was manipulated by her in the worst sort of way and he sounds sincere in his remorse. I do believe the other two young men who participated to a lesser extent are already out.

Pam was a big Van Halen fan, even named her dog Halen and had a license plate that said Halen, and in college, had a radio program and billed herself as the goddess of metal, I think it was. She and Gregg initially hooked up because they shared a love of music and partying and she was a wanna be groupie. He had long hair and played guitar. When he grew up, cut his hair, and started working in insurance, she became bored with him. Also, he had a one night stand after they were married and Pam used it against Gregg, acted like he was the devil incarnate for doing that.

She has not one iota of remorse. She still claims she's innocent all the way across the board.

I've read that website, too, Mamma. It's kind of humorous. If that's the only thing you read about the case, it doesn't even sound like the same case.

That car, by the way, was a Honda CRX, IIRC.

Mamma Guest
    I think she did in tha God Awful annoying voice of hers!!! Greg was cute too! A lot beeter looking then that mullet wearing weak boy she was doin. I would love to throw something at her! Like dog poo!!
    Dog poo! hahaha! I, personally, would gather monkey feces from the Audubon zoo and fling the feces straight at Pam if I could. I can see the headlines now ~ PAM SMART FLANG WITH FECES.

Bliss.

Yes, Greg Smart was a cutie indeed. And a hard working guy at that! He was an all-American boy, and quite honestly what most every respectable parent would want their son to accomplish. If only we could get rid of the Pam Smarts of the world! AND the Scott Petersons!
    Last edited by Mamma; 01-22-2008 at 01:41 PM. Reason: audubon

Lisamarie Guest
    Yeah I know right! Oh mamma we need to get a drink!

Mamma Guest
    Yeah I know right! Oh mamma we need to get a drink!
    We'd keep the French Quarter taverns up till dawn, that's for sure!

Sodapop Guest

She seriously has one of the most annoying voices I've ever heard. Her interviews make me twitch.

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Watson View Post
    "To Die For" was based on Joyce Maynard's book. It's another one of those "fiction" books. Actually, it's pretty funny, very droll. Maynard also wrote a non-fiction book called "Internal Combustion" about the Teacher Of The Year in Michigan who chopped up her husband with a hatchet.

Hmm I think that might deserve it's own thread.

Anyway. I'm inclined to think Billy Flynn should be paroled. Not because I'm easy on criminals, quite the opposite. I think he was a very messed up kid who was manipulated by her in the worst sort of way and he sounds sincere in his remorse. I do believe the other two young men who participated to a lesser extent are already out.

Pam was a big Van Halen fan, even named her dog Halen and had a license plate that said Halen, and in college, had a radio program and billed herself as the goddess of metal, I think it was. She and Gregg initially hooked up because they shared a love of music and partying and she was a wanna be groupie. He had long hair and played guitar. When he grew up, cut his hair, and started working in insurance, she became bored with him. Also, he had a one night stand after they were married and Pam used it against Gregg, acted like he was the devil incarnate for doing that.

She has not one iota of remorse. She still claims she's innocent all the way across the board.

I've read that website, too, Mamma. It's kind of humorous. If that's the only thing you read about the case, it doesn't even sound like the same case.

That car, by the way, was a Honda CRX, IIRC.
    I have no problem with him getting paroled. WHEN he has served the minimum sentence before parole, which for him is 28 years.
    Last edited by lisalouver; 01-22-2008 at 10:39 AM.

Lisamarie Guest
    I know she kind of screeches!!!! And mamma we are so on for the quarter baby!

Mamma Guest
    I'm gonna have to watch To Die For tonight. I just remembered something I found so hysterical from the movie. It's that part where a long, lanky Joaquin Phoenix/James/Jimmy whatever his name is are in the teachers house. She's video taping and he is dancing. Oh lord the way he is moving around dancing I can't tell if his shitty dancing is for real ...or not .

After the wire/phone taps were played in court (and released to the public), it is beyond me how she still denies her involvement.

lisalouver Guest
    Searched for an update and found this

http://www6.comcast.net/news/article....Smart.Gunman/

Poor Billy.

The judge says that he will be eligable for parole when he has served 25 years, instead of the 28. He will be 42 then. That's a lot more time than Greg Smart had.

It will be interesting to see what happens when he comes up for it in 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamma View Post
    I went through this website a while back, and although the webmaster is a staunch supporter of Pam, I couldn't help but get the final hardy-har-har when reading it.

Specifically, Pam has a metal plate in the side of her face because a few inmates beat the tar out of her a few years ago. Oh well .... It's got all sorts of lagniappe in the site for all interested. The American Justice episode on Smart is great stuff too.

Greg Smart's father talked about going to the apartment his son and Pam shared, after his sons murder. A huge blood stain was still on the floor at the entrance. When Pam led the way inside with her father in law behind her, he claims Pam hopped over the blood stain without a care in the world ...more like it was a puddle of mud in her way, a distraction more or less. If this were my husband? I don't think i could even stand to live in the same house ever again.

Pam is certainly where she needs to be, and those recordings from the wire tap the young girl from high school wore were most damaging.
    My biggest hope is for the likes of Pam Smart, Scott Peterson, and Susan Smith to get the "Dahmer" treatment.

Oh, and FTR, she's guilty as sin. Poor Greg- had no idea the "pretty" little gal he married would have him killed.

SquirrelNutZipper Guest
    Fascinating case. One question.

What is with the hair? Don't they have televisions in prison? No magazines? No newspapers? Nothing beyond 1990?

Something tells me she's still using spoolies on her hair. I remember at the trial she used a variety of ribbons, bows and combs to hold back her curly locks.

Good grief!

Mrs. Watson Guest
    I think she was trying to look girlish and innocent at the trail. I remember a whole lot of fou fou bows in the hair and little necktie shirts. Much different that all the pictures of her before the trial when she had the big rock and roll hair.

SquirrelNutZipper Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Watson View Post
    I think she was trying to look girlish and innocent at the trail. I remember a whole lot of fou fou bows in the hair and little necktie shirts. Much different that all the pictures of her before the trial when she had the big rock and roll hair.
    No, actually her "whore hair" was for a selected few. The pictures of her at school and even after Greg's murder - the same way - parted in the middle with the baby clips on both sides of her head.

You could be right though that it was calculated on her part but I do recall the film of her walking out of the high school when she was arrested. Same damn hair.

There was also a report (I think on A Current Affair or one of those cheesy shows) where a reporter from Derry was interviewing her soon after the murder. He was surprised because she talked so casually about the murder - and then when the camera was off - proceeded to tell him how she wanted to work in the news business just like him.

Oh, and one more thing...in that interview? Baby clips in the hair.

She's just a waste of space. Shouldn't she be cleaning up trash along the side of some major highway? Preferably one with a lot of big, big trucks that can get out of control at the drop of a hat.

Make her work for her room and board. I have to.

lisalouver Guest
    LMAO you guys on the hair. I totally agree.