Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 789101118 ... LastLast

Thread: Jayne Mansfield

JestersKiss Guest

at a USO event

She was a USO event !
    KELT' HOME FOR WAYWARD YOUTH-
    Helping Young Men To Turn Around For Over Twenty Years !

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Vi View Post
    wild, wild I say
    That is really WAY OUT!

Some hep cats, back in the day.

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by KELT View Post
    She was a USO event !
    LMAO

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JestersKiss View Post

at a USO event
    Great pic Jester. Thanks for that!

Quote Originally Posted by scarsxofxlove View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCw8o...eature=related

also found this has an interveiw with her son zoltan about his memories of the crash and lots of footage of the crash

sorry if this has already been posted
    Excellent find!

Very touching.

Quote Originally Posted by KELT View Post
    She was a USO event !

So true!

interrestedintn Guest
    Awww...that makes me feel sad for poor Mickey Hargitay. He really was in love with her wasn't he? I know it sounds silly what he said about seeing Jayne with the violin but I lost my sons father and some friends in a similar accident when we were very young. I've seen things since that make me not doubt that what he says is true. I know how he feels about how true love never dies. So sad.

Danny62 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JestersKiss View Post

at a USO event

Looks like she is wearing a wig?

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan7962 View Post
    Yea, Jaynie wore a lot of wigs. Her own hair was probably destroyed from the bleach. I know in the video someone provided here with Zolton on it her hair was being combed by a stylist and you could see how horribly damaged it was.

Danny62 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by lisalouver View Post
    Yea, Jaynie wore a lot of wigs. Her own hair was probably destroyed from the bleach. I know in the video someone provided here with Zolton on it her hair was being combed by a stylist and you could see how horribly damaged it was.
    Okay about Zolton. I heard his name was chosen by Anton LaVey? and Also supposedly he suffered a terrible accident as a child and Jayne begged Anton to perform some sort of black magic and he was saved?

This has to be Hollywood hype? I know the book I Got this from alot of stuff seemed downright silly.

interrestedintn Guest
    I heard that her whole flirtation with the church of satan was just a publicity stunt. How could anyone take LaVay serious? My God-he wore a Halloween costume for his "ceremonies."

Was it Zoltan who was mauled by a lion (tiger?) at a petting zoo or something? I remember a photo of the child & Jayne in the hospital in "Jayne Mansfield and the American Fifties" by Martha Saxton, but my copy is in storage.

VCNJ~

Okay about Zolton. I heard his name was chosen by Anton LaVey? and Also supposedly he suffered a terrible accident as a child and Jayne begged Anton to perform some sort of black magic and he was saved?

This has to be Hollywood hype? I know the book I Got this from alot of stuff seemed downright silly.

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by VeuveClicquotNJ View Post
    Was it Zoltan who was mauled by a lion (tiger?) at a petting zoo or something? I remember a photo of the child & Jayne in the hospital in "Jayne Mansfield and the American Fifties" by Martha Saxton, but my copy is in storage.

VCNJ~
    For Dan, yes I believe that I heard Zolton's name was brought about by LeVay and I know that Zolton was in an accident, I think it was a lion mauling when he was small.

Danny62 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by interrestedintn View Post
    I heard that her whole flirtation with the church of satan was just a publicity stunt. How could anyone take LaVay serious? My God-he wore a Halloween costume for his "ceremonies."
    IT was. He even admitted it and appeared on Johnny Carson numerous times.. Some Celeb's must of taken it seriously though

VCNJ~
    Yes that is what happened I think? And she asked Anton to pray to Lucifer to intervene and save Zolton...Zolton, cool name.

colz85 Guest
    I have one uncle and two cousins named Zoltan. It's VERY Hungarian!

interrestedintn Guest
    Sounds almost like a Greek god. Like Zeus or Xerxes. Very masculine sounding.

It reminds me of a horror movie I once saw: Zoltan, Hound of Dracula a.k.a. Dracula's Dog.
    Some people just need a high five.... in the face.... with a chair...

interrestedintn Guest
    Yeah, it may be a common name in Hungary but here in the U.S. it kinda sounds evil doesn't it? lol

interrestedintn Guest
    Hmmm........Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mansfield-3.jpg 
Views:	179 
Size:	45.9 KB 
ID:	4868
    Here's one I'd never seen of Jayne.

........................A Happy 75th Birthday

JAYNE would be 75 on Saturday, April 19th.

Happy Birthday JAYNE ! ! ! !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2eOJQh_ICY

Pat Bateman Guest
    I remember reading in a bio of JFK that he had an affair with Jayne while she was pregnant with Mariska.

cherryghost Guest
    Yeah, it may be a common name in Hungary but here in the U.S. it kinda sounds evil doesn't it? lol
    I once had a hungarian boyfriend named Zoltan Buza......And he was evil

cherryghost Guest
    She looks grubby in later life after being so sparkling in her earlier days

interrestedintn Guest
    That's funny cherryghost.....zoltan buza. LOL
    I thought she looked like she'd just had a rough flight.....look at her hair. Well, his too for that matter. Maybe they just felt like shit or something and were slumming it for the day. That's really the only bad photo I ever saw of her.

the jayne mansfield-jimi hendrix musical collaboration must have came as a result of Little Richard singing in The Girl Can't Help It. at least that is the best i can figure. still have not heard the record.

Great pic Jester. Thanks for that!
    This pic is totally bugging me - what's that cup of something in front of her, to the side? Looks almost like a latte LOL...but those were pre-latte days. Is it a milkshake? Or just a container of some sort? stupid question, I know, but these little things in pics that I can't identify always drive me nuts

trblentx Guest
    I think the cup is mocha colored. (guessing)

Hmmm........Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mansfield-3.jpg 
Views:	179 
Size:	45.9 KB 
ID:	4868
    Here's one I'd never seen of Jayne.
    A a very nice one at that.

Thanks!

Auntie Vi Guest
    I've only ever seen her last 2 movies Guide for the married man, which is really only cameo length. Single Room Furnished, I though was sleezy. I guess that's why I've never bothered watching any other of her movies. I did see the Loni Anderson biopic tho.

chocolate shake (malt)
    pull the string!

Jigsaw Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Vangoghsear View Post
    look alike daughter, are you high? She looks practically hispanic compared to her mom. Mariska definately favors her father and personally i think she is better looking too, not that i would kick either out of bed for eating crackers.
    Mariska's father was not Mickey Hargitay. The father was unknown, but the story is Jayne had an affair with an Italian man and Mariska (also called Maria back then) was adopted by Mickey after Jayne's death. This is true with Jayne's youngest son Tony -- an Italian father. I've never seen a picture of him.

About the decapitation: it was Jayne's wig that caught on the wrecked car as she was thrown from the vehicle. She was not scalped. There's a video, The Wild, Wild World of Jayne Manfield. It stunk and some woman trying to sound like Mansfield narrates the whole thing. Horrendous. But at the end, filtered in red, they show a quick picture of Mansfield and her blonde hair is there. It really was only her wig. But the family never refuted the claims that she was beheaded.

Also, I hated that wig from the first time I saw it. It looked awful. Jayne was very beautiful when she was with the studio. But in the '60's she was left with her own taste. She also had 4 kids in the '60's and died in 1967. She got into bad things. The devil worshipping, drugs, alcohol and sado-masochism. It wasn't the same woman who came to Hollywood in 1955.

Jigsaw

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jigsaw View Post
    Mariska's father was not Mickey Hargitay. The father was unknown, but the story is Jayne had an affair with an Italian man and Mariska (also called Maria back then) was adopted by Mickey after Jayne's death. This is true with Jayne's youngest son Tony -- an Italian father. I've never seen a picture of him.

About the decapitation: it was Jayne's wig that caught on the wrecked car as she was thrown from the vehicle. She was not scalped. There's a video, The Wild, Wild World of Jayne Manfield. It stunk and some woman trying to sound like Mansfield narrates the whole thing. Horrendous. But at the end, filtered in red, they show a quick picture of Mansfield and her blonde hair is there. It really was only her wig. But the family never refuted the claims that she was beheaded.

Also, I hated that wig from the first time I saw it. It looked awful. Jayne was very beautiful when she was with the studio. But in the '60's she was left with her own taste. She also had 4 kids in the '60's and died in 1967. She got into bad things. The devil worshipping, drugs, alcohol and sado-masochism. It wasn't the same woman who came to Hollywood in 1955.

Jigsaw
    Jayne had five children. Jayne Marie was her first child with her first husband, Paul Mansfield. She had three children with her second husband Mickey Hargitay, Mariska, Miklos and Zolton (all three were in the car when Jayne died). Her last child, Antonio Ottaviano (also known as Tony Cimber)was born to Jayne and her third and last husband Matt Cimber.

I have no idea where you got the information that Mariska's father was unknown. Her biological father was Mickey. Mickey remarried and his new wife adopted the children after Jayne's death. Mickey also had another daughter with his third wife. Her name is Tina.

Tony Cimber was raised by his Father to whom Jayne was still married to at the time of her death.
    Last edited by lisalouver; 04-24-2008 at 11:10 PM. Reason: spelling

Jigsaw Guest

The Curse

Legend is that Sam Brody hated Anton LeVey.

So one night Sam and Jayne visited Anton and Sam fondled some black nude carved lit candles so Anton put a curse on Sam saying he would die in a year. He warned Jaynes she could also die if she didn't stay away from Sam.

I am sure this is a bullshit story but I did get it out of a book!

Just thought I would add it to the post.
    Yes, I read about the curse in May Mann's book on Jayne. I also read that Jayne was in 8 accidents before the final one. I don't know how truth that is.

jigsaw

Jigsaw Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by KristinEileen View Post
    Jayne's time period is where we get all of our great body tricks from. I mean the taping up of the chest, the taping down of straps and necklines. I don't think they had to worry about WARDROBE MALFUNCTIONS in those days. Not only did they have the tricks to keep their dresses on but they had the bodies. I wish that Hollywood would jump on the healthy curvy bandwagon. I am so sick of seeing these actresses and models looking sick.
    I feel bad for you midnite lamp. I don't know how you deal with that!
    I agree with you. I'm tired of seeing fake breasts on teenage girls or older women, etc. I think the pendulum is going to swing back and a more demure look will come in. Like the way Jackie Kennedy looked. If she had had big boobs she'd come across too sexy looking and no one would treat her quite with the respect she developed.

jigsaw

cherryghost Guest
    That's funny cherryghost.....zoltan buza. LOL
    I thought she looked like she'd just had a rough flight.....look at her hair. Well, his too for that matter. Maybe they just felt like shit or something and were slumming it for the day. That's really the only bad photo I ever saw of her.

Zoltan Buza was a selfish vain hungarian I lived with for 2 yrs and supported thr an architectural degree at Sydney Uni. He used to be at home with a glass of red and the cat on his lap reading or in the bath with orange peels ,when I got home from doing a 8 hr shift waitressing and he would say to me "Bella your shouting, keep it quiet" Cus I had been working my arse off in a noisy bar to support the two of us and pay the bills and just come home talking loudly because I hadnt had time to relax and settle. He on the otherhand had been sitting studying living with me in my house with me paying all the bills and working myself raged! Ah I always attract those types of men! I have been searching for him recently cus I believe Im due a substantial sum of his earnings as an architect. haha wouldnt that just rock his world! Think he is back in Hungary too no suprise of mine! Im might just submit my substantial support claim to him yet!

Because Im very independent and strong
    These days Im less nieve!
    Last edited by cherryghost; 04-25-2008 at 04:14 AM.

The idea that Mariska's father is not Hargitay stems from long-standing whispers that Nelson Sardelli is Mariska's father.

http://nelsonsardelli.com/

He & Jayne had a fling that I believe could have left questions as to whether or not he's her father.

What's most important is that Mickey *ADORED* Mariska & she has always considered him her father, and that's really all that matters. If Sardelli *is* her father, no one has ever spoken up (including Sardelli) to confirm or refute the allegations.

P~

Jayne had five children. Jayne Marie was her first child with her first husband, Paul Mansfield. She had three children with her second husband Mickey Hargitay, Mariska, Miklos and Zolton (all three were in the car when Jayne died). Her last child, Antonio Ottaviano (also known as Tony Cimber)was born to Jayne and her third and last husband Matt Cimber.

I have no idea where you got the information that Mariska's father was unknown. Her biological father was Mickey. Mickey remarried and his new wife adopted the children after Jayne's death. Mickey also had another daughter with his third wife. Her name is Tina.

Tony Cimber was raised by his Father to whom Jayne was still married to at the time of her death.

lisalouver Guest
    The idea that Mariska's father is not Hargitay stems from long-standing whispers that Nelson Sardelli is Mariska's father.

http://nelsonsardelli.com/

He & Jayne had a fling that I believe could have left questions as to whether or not he's her father.

What's most important is that Mickey *ADORED* Mariska & she has always considered him her father, and that's really all that matters. If Sardelli *is* her father, no one has ever spoken up (including Sardelli) to confirm or refute the allegations.

P~

Thanks for the info P - I had never heard anything about Jayne and Nelson being together.

I'm sure Mariska knows who her father is and it showed all the way up until her darling father Mickey passed away.

interrestedintn Guest
    I think Mariska looks a little like Mickey. Doesn't matter as long as he's been a good father to her. A lot of people aren't that lucky. He loved her mom that's for sure.
    Cherryghost.....I'm sorry to hear what an ass that zoltan guy was. I'm glad you've done well. I was married to a jerk like that too. Most of my exes have died in one way or another but he's the one I always thought deserved to. Of course he's still out there somewhere seducing women only to get them involved then beat the crud out of them. I figure he'll get his sooner or later.

lisalouver Guest
    I think Mariska looks a little like Mickey. Doesn't matter as long as he's been a good father to her. A lot of people aren't that lucky. He loved her mom that's for sure.
    Cherryghost.....I'm sorry to hear what an ass that zoltan guy was. I'm glad you've done well. I was married to a jerk like that too. Most of my exes have died in one way or another but he's the one I always thought deserved to. Of course he's still out there somewhere seducing women only to get them involved then beat the crud out of them. I figure he'll get his sooner or later.
    I think she looks like Mickey too.

And yea, you're ex will get his too - in the long run. They always do.

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Vi View Post
    I've only ever seen her last 2 movies Guide for the married man, which is really only cameo length. Single Room Furnished, I though was sleezy. I guess that's why I've never bothered watching any other of her movies. I did see the Loni Anderson biopic tho.

IMO, her best movies are:

THE GIRL CAN'T HELP IT

and

WILL SUCCESS SPOIL ROCK HUNTER ?

NOVSTORM Guest
    Thanks for the info P - I had never heard anything about Jayne and Nelson being together.

I'm sure Mariska knows who her father is and it showed all the way up until her darling father Mickey passed away.
    This came up after Jaynes death I read it in City confidentail an old mag that black mailed people lol Hargarity took a blood test later on in years to confirm for Mariska that he was in fact her father, mainly I guess for Mariska. She is definately a cross between he and Jayne but he is her father according to the DNA report. You know I love how these mags write this stuff and cannot vback it up. They "say" she had an affair, "could be his child" but they have no proof of the affair. These days they would be paying out millions of bucks if they rpinted that crap. I felt sorry for mariska when this came up again a few years ago but by that time Hagarity had already taken the test and proved he was her dad.

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by NOVSTORM View Post
    This came up after Jaynes death I read it in City confidentail an old mag that black mailed people lol Hargarity took a blood test later on in years to confirm for Mariska that he was in fact her father, mainly I guess for Mariska. She is definately a cross between he and Jayne but he is her father according to the DNA report. You know I love how these mags write this stuff and cannot vback it up. They "say" she had an affair, "could be his child" but they have no proof of the affair. These days they would be paying out millions of bucks if they rpinted that crap. I felt sorry for mariska when this came up again a few years ago but by that time Hagarity had already taken the test and proved he was her dad.
    Yea, I figured if there were any question, all they had to do was take a test.

Mariska sure turned out to be beautiful, talented and a wonderful person.

...And he lived in a BLACK Victorian house in San Francisco to attract the tourists. It was all a big publicity stunt to sell his "Satanic Bible" and other trinkets and make money off unsuspecting morons. Just another religious "cult" - if you ask me (the atheist!).

Whats up with the guy in the hat?
    That's a scene from her movie "The Girl Can't Help It". It's not Tom in the picture, but the guy who played the mobster's sidekick, "Mousie" (since he was a pro at bugging phones and such and being "quiet as a mouse" about it.

This was a great movie, and Jayne was hot in it!

Danny62 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post
    ...And he lived in a BLACK Victorian house in San Francisco to attract the tourists. It was all a big publicity stunt to sell his "Satanic Bible" and other trinkets and make money off unsuspecting morons. Just another religious "cult" - if you ask me (the atheist!).
    Hell he even admitted it was all a bit stunt many times.

I hear he was on Johnny Carson alot. I tried looking to see if anything on youtube came up but no luck.

Jayne was just lovely, outwardly...anyway, don't know about the mind.

I've been meaning to buy a digital camera for quite a while now...I'll do it soon.

If any of you Hags would like to see the site of her last performance, less than a mile from my home, I'll post pics. She left this spot on her way to NOLA, and tragedy ensued.

It is a slab now...the original club was destroyed in Hurricane Camile, I think. It was most recently a beach wear shop that was destroyed in Hurricane Katrina.

Still, it is the ground where she last performed, before setting out on that tragic trip.

Pinklovedoll Guest
    Jayne is my first experience on Findadeath,I've been obsessed with her,trying to find out if she really was a satanist,or was it a publicity stunt.I've read books,and searched the entire internet,1 theary is that it was a joke,a publicity stunt because her career was downhill,and there are some that say she actually was a satanist.Theres got to be someone alive who knows for sure....

That's Henry Jones - you probably best know him as Phyllis Lindstrom's father-in-law on "Phyllis" with Cloris Leachman.

I love *love* the beaded sweater.

P~

Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post
    That's a scene from her movie "The Girl Can't Help It". It's not Tom in the picture, but the guy who played the mobster's sidekick, "Mousie" (since he was a pro at bugging phones and such and being "quiet as a mouse" about it.

This was a great movie, and Jayne was hot in it!

undertakeress Guest
    I think Mariska has her father's head shape - I can see both of them in her..

I love this when Mariska won the Golden Globe in 2005 and Mickey and her stepmom and husband were there...He just seemed elated, and when she talked about her mom..it teared me up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSRRt...eature=related

And then he was gone the next year, right after her son was born.

It was obvious that Mickey loved her to the end. He was a handsome man, a doting father and all around good guy who put up with a lot of her shit. Too bad she couldn't see that and ended up leaving him for other men who abused her and treated her like crap.

Sometimes a high IQ (which Jayne had), doesn't equal "common sense"...