Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8910111219 ... LastLast

Thread: Jayne Mansfield

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post
    It was obvious that Mickey loved her to the end. He was a handsome man, a doting father and all around good guy who put up with a lot of her shit. Too bad she couldn't see that and ended up leaving him for other men who abused her and treated her like crap.

Sometimes a high IQ (which Jayne had), doesn't equal "common sense"...
    Great post and ITA.

puddles Guest

Jayne Mansfield death car

Wow I was surfing at ebay and saw Jayne Mansfield's death car up for auction! Item number: 270245176256 I was amazed to see it up for sale! I was gonna try to email Scott about this for his site but hopefully he'll see it here!

Guest Guest
    no way.......... let us know what happens and if anyone buys it. Can you imagine what it looks like up close? Gory!!

Forever-27 Guest
    Its the real car. The thrashed 1966 Buick Electra 225 4 door Sedan. Its got 1 bid but at 10,000 bucks the reserve isnt met yet.

http://cgi.ebay.com/JAYNE-MANSFIELD-...d=p3286.c0.m14

annannanna Guest
    We need to take up a collection and get this one too.

xenaswolf Guest
    Cool FAD got a mention!

I wonder if her kids get pissed when this goes up for sale?

lisalouver Guest
    Yea, nice to see FAD on the bid!

I wonder who will buy it. The guy that owns it now, is he getting on in age? Is that why he wants to get rid of it?

Maybe Mariska will buy it and destroy it?

Cubano Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by lisalouver View Post
    Yea, nice to see FAD on the bid!

I wonder who will buy it. The guy that owns it now, is he getting on in age? Is that why he wants to get rid of it?

Maybe Mariska will buy it and destroy it?
    If I were Mariska I would do exactly that. Hit the reserve annonymously, and get rid of it.

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Cubano View Post
    If I were Mariska I would do exactly that. Hit the reserve annonymously, and get rid of it.
    That actually would make sense to me. Wonder if she knows about it?

Since she was also in the car, it seems she really would want to be rid of it.

Crazy. Will be interesting to see what comes of it.
    ??If you enter this world knowing you are loved and you leave this world knowing the same, then everything that happens in between can be dealt with.? - Michael Jackson

kimba Guest
    I dunno..do you think it would be creepy to own this car though, I mean do you think that the vibes of her death could still be attached to it?
    I have to confess- I had a chance to buy an original pair of 1800's handcuffs once ( it was for a pirate thing) but..the thought of what those handcuffs ( manacles really) were used for, like the slave trade..it totally made me rethink buying them. y'know, Karma and all that.
    or- maybe it's just because I watched a rerun of Stephen King's "Christine" last night.

john4521 Guest
    This looks to me like it might be a fake.It just seems to me that if you were going to sell a one of a kind,very expensive item you would take some pictures instead of posting stills you took from youtube.I could easily be wrong but I don't trust this auction and wouldn't be at all surprised if ebay shut it down.

Quote Originally Posted by john4521 View Post
    This looks to me like it might be a fake.It just seems to me that if you were going to sell a one of a kind,very expensive item you would take some pictures instead of posting stills you took from youtube.I could easily be wrong but I don't trust this auction and wouldn't be at all surprised if ebay shut it down.
    I have to agree there...bidder beware!

coleysabusybabe Guest
    I also agree...I would think that you would want to prove the authenticity of the vehicle by posting a couple of your own photos instead of YouTube footage pictures. It was cool that there was a findadeath referrence in there.

Lisamarie Guest
    I would want it hell yeah!!!

Forever-27 Guest
    hmm, actually I thought that by now sum 40 plus years after the fact that the Buick that she was killed in would be LONG gone. Crushed down into billions of hondas by now. How many Buicks were made in the 66 model year ? Preobably hundreds of thousands . How many others were wrecked besides jaynes ? id bet hundreds. But who knows, this auction would be worth watching for sure though

17. 06-11-2008, 05:26 AM

Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent2012 View Post
    I wonder if its a fake as well, " will not ship" thats kinda weird, as the write-up mentions it being all covered and blocked in?? For that kind of money you would think they would have had current pics. Good find though, thanks for posting
    Personally I'm just shocked that someone from Yadkinville, NC can figure out how to post item for sale on Ebay.

19. 06-11-2008, 05:44 AM

Sam Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Cubano View Post

I agree! She should buy it and have it crushed.
    Prince Charles and the royal family made sure they had the
    Mercedes Diana was killed in destroyed just as soon as possible to prevent it from becoming a "Morbid Show Piece".

coleysabusybabe Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by biguncfan View Post
    Personally I'm just shocked that someone from Yadkinville, NC can figure out how to post item for sale on Ebay.
    That is very very true...hehehe. Thanks for making me laugh

tarsier Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by kimba View Post
    I dunno..do you think it would be creepy to own this car though, I mean do you think that the vibes of her death could still be attached to it?
    I have to confess- I had a chance to buy an original pair of 1800's handcuffs once ( it was for a pirate thing) but..the thought of what those handcuffs ( manacles really) were used for, like the slave trade..it totally made me rethink buying them. y'know, Karma and all that.
    or- maybe it's just because I watched a rerun of Stephen King's "Christine" last night.
    I would also think twice of purchasing an item with a bad history but then i'm terribly superstitious and don't take chances like that

Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by coleysabusybabe View Post
    That is very very true...hehehe. Thanks for making me laugh
    Tis the very reason for my being in this forum. To make people laugh. I fail more than succeed. But oh well. I hope anyone that may be from Yadkinville or have family there knows........I KEED I KEED!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=tn_DcdBus_8

Besides, I thought Jayne's car was in a museum somewhere???

Pinklovedoll Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by puddles View Post
    Wow I was surfing at ebay and saw Jayne Mansfield's death car up for auction! Item number: 270245176256 I was amazed to see it up for sale! I was gonna try to email Scott about this for his site but hopefully he'll see it here!
    this is awesome,they definetely need some new pics tho,nobodys gonna believe it otherwise.

lisalouver Guest
    I would not want it.

Although I guess it is a piece of history, and I am not superstitious, I just look at it now as a piece of rusted metal that I would have to find room for!

Pinklovedoll Guest
    It needs to be in a museum,I dont know who would want to own it personally

Hmmm

The only way to know for certain if this is the car is to compare the VIN,
    don't now how you would get that info

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinklovedoll View Post
    It needs to be in a museum,I dont know who would want to own it personally
    That is where I think it should be too.

Pinklovedoll Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by lisalouver View Post
    That is where I think it should be too.
    Yeah,I'd definetely pay to see it,but I wouldnt want to take it home with me lol.

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinklovedoll View Post
    Yeah,I'd definetely pay to see it,but I wouldnt want to take it home with me lol.
    Me too!

msmojorisin84 Guest
    Hmm, well..it is a death car. Maybe the person who is posting it is freaked out by it and refused to take pics....

msmojorisin84 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post
    Besides, I thought Jayne's car was in a museum somewhere???

Pinklovedoll Guest
    I read that it was in a museum in Florida,and the owner died,so they auctioned it off,and it said that a fan had bought it.

Forever-27 Guest
    On any given day you can walk into an auto wreckers and find a hammered 66 Buick Electra 4 door. Is it hers, no. Is this one, maybe.

This sort of thing is the kind of thing id need to go and look at before I paid 10000 bucks or more for it. That said, if it does sell under this guys stipulations, the buyer dosent know how to buy a car. On the off chance its not the car she was killed in, youve just bought an expensive paperweight. However if it is her car, its well worth buying for his history. Some movie/ Hollywood buff collector would pay this for it and think he got a smokin deal if it turns out to be her car.

puddles Guest
    I think it's the real car, He's got a high ebay rating and I don't think he's gonna throw that away for one quick auction. just coming from someone who's an avid ebayer who valus his rating.

john4521 Guest
    I've been on ebay for ten years,the seller has a good rating but not great.It's not that hard to get a few hundred points there.If you look at the feedback you'll see that the screen name was not used from Aug of 2007 to April of 2008.Before that it was not used between Sep of 2006 to Aug of 2007.You can have more than one screen name on ebay,this could be one of many that this person uses.It's also possible that this person sold their screen name to another dealer.I don't know about now but it used to be a common practice among ebay sellers.In my early days on ebay I sold full time and accumulated a large number of points right away,I used to get offers to buy my screen name every now and then,haven't gotten one in a while now.I'm not trying to argue,just saying that on an expensive item you need to think of every angle.The seller saying that they dont want to take the time to dig the car out raises all kinds of red flags for me.

Pinklovedoll Guest
    I just looked at that on ebay,seems kinda fishy,that theyre wanting you to look at youtube,or findadeath to see their item,theyre gonna have to do better than that,if they expect 10,000.00 for it,then we need some recent pics,maybe beside the actual accident footage,and a V.I.N.or title.

I wouldn't bid on it, based on old youtube videos and photos. He's not making it a "trustworthy" auction.

Sounds like he's changed his user ID too many times for whatever reason...another "red flag".

I've been selling on ebay for 10 years also, and he's not making his auction too "credible" or "inviting" if you ask me...

Guest Guest
    here is something that has a lot of pics I've never seen of Jayne with her kids

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmGQ5...eature=related

Guest Guest
    I totally love Mariska..... Jayne, Marilyn, Brando,Rock, Bogie, and James Dean.... all of them totally fascinating.... not like this generation....oh and Clark Gable too

Kugmu Guest
    Found this on Youtube:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCw8o05uApk
    "Death of Jayen Mansfield"

Forever-27 Guest
    Just decided to click the ebay link to Jaynes Buick of death. Ebay says its been canceled. If the item has sold the link will stay active for 90 days of the posting. It hasnt been 90 days so that leads me to think the seller decided to pull the ad .... I wanted to see how much the car sold for ... damm

Pinklovedoll Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever-27 View Post
    Just decided to click the ebay link to Jaynes Buick of death. Ebay says its been canceled. If the item has sold the link will stay active for 90 days of the posting. It hasnt been 90 days so that leads me to think the seller decided to pull the ad .... I wanted to see how much the car sold for ... damm
    Yeah,I clicked on the link too,I'm not familiar with Ebay so I wasnt sure if it was sold or what

tngirl1967 Guest
    Google on the item #, just put the item number into the search box and a link will come up to ekg.ebay.com...it looks like a fake listing

buickjunkie Guest

Jayne Mansfields Death Car for Sale!!

Well, I've known that Jayne Mansfield was killed in 1967, riding in a 1966 Buick Electra 225 for several years now. Since I own a car very very similar to it, I shop on eBay looking for parts, etc. Today, I found the listing, for the relatively untouched, actual car she, and 2 others died in. Unbelievable!
    Starting a $10K USD, and a reserve, I wonder what it will bring! I hope Scott, will see this and post an update on the Mansfield page. Here's the link:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Buick...3286.m14.l1318

CSI_wannabe Guest
    the car is totaled but if i had the money i would take it

Pinklovedoll Guest
    Yea we saw it on ebay then it was removed,looks like theyve moved it to the autos section

There's already a thread here for that...

buickjunkie Guest
    sorry about the new thread for this. I didn't see it. I signed up today just to post it. I was pretty excited!

lovemymonkey Guest
    Why wouldnt the seller post actual real time photo's of the car?

john4521 Guest
    There were lots of red flags with this auction before.The fact that they didn't use any new pictures,they have changed the user I.D. name several times,ther account has gone unused for long periods of time etc.Not to mention that the auction was shut down either by ebay or the seller and then started back up again.It looks like a fake to me.