Page 7 of 63 FirstFirst ... 567891656 ... LastLast

Thread: Christine Chubbuck

DexterKitty Guest
    Lmao!!!

2. 04-12-2009, 04:10 PM

MorbidMolly Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by screwtape View Post
    here's a screencap.

the tape has been found...praise the lawd and pass the green beans.........

4. 04-15-2009, 10:38 AM

Seagorath Guest
    If anybody gets in touch with the Sarasota Police Department please report your findings here...Here's a nice short story about Christine Chubbuck...it's entitled "Chris"...I think I have posted this before...

http://74.125.47.132/search?q=cache:...ient=firefox-a

Lisamarie Guest
    thats really cool story...so much creativity...I love the concept of her ghost coming to talk with you and the fact you seemed to capture her personality.....

7. 04-15-2009, 05:37 PM

DexterKitty Guest
    Has it really been located? If so...... Oh my freakin' Gawd !!!!!

Screwtape Guest
    Need some Kleenex for your spillage?

10. 04-15-2009, 07:07 PM

DexterKitty Guest
    Damn.....I got all excited again!!! What's going on on May 5th? What are we waiting for a response on? I missed something here.......

DexterKitty Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Screwtape View Post
    Need some Kleenex for your spillage?
    The excitement was unreal. But once again the air has been let outta my balloon.

13. 04-15-2009, 08:30 PM

14. 04-15-2009, 10:03 PM

FiestyGal Guest
    I've also looked high and low for any footage, not just the suicide footage, and haven't seen more than just a few seconds of Christine.

I hope someone can remedy this!

16. 04-16-2009, 09:01 PM

DexterKitty Guest
    Somebody has gone to great lengths to keep anything about her out of public sight. She probably flipped in her grave, over the way they swept her under the rug so to speak. She wanted to be seen and heard, dammit!!!! Maybe, we should hold a seance, and get her to tell us how to get a copy? She'd probably come right to us. She would probably love to be heard. I totally understand her family not wanting it public but, I truly think she wanted it to be seen.

Lisamarie Guest
    oh yeah itwas a big fuck you to the medie her coworkers and the world in general...its totally should have never been swept under the rug the way it was....we have stupid Budd Dwyer blowin his brains out! Poor Chris !!!! She wanted a legacy !!!!

19. 04-17-2009, 01:42 PM

DexterKitty Guest

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Lisamarie View Post
    oh yeah itwas a big fuck you to the medie her coworkers and the world in general...its totally should have never been swept under the rug the way it was....we have stupid Budd Dwyer blowin his brains out! Poor Chris !!!! She wanted a legacy !!!!
    I concur!!!! I've seen Bud Dwyer blow his brains out repeatedly...... I wanna see Chris do it too LMAO!!!! I'm a sick puppy and I'm goin' ta hell.

DexterKitty Guest
    Mike..... I bet when she found out, she created a big wind, and blew her ashes away. The answers are blowin' in the wind.

22. 04-17-2009, 07:43 PM

23. 04-18-2009, 05:18 PM

DexterKitty Guest
    ROFLMAO!!! *BANG* This one's for me *BANG* That one's for Chris Chubbuck!! he he

Seagorath Guest
    Dear loyal FAD brethren and frequenters of the Christine Chubbuck thread...

...I incorporated the words "Christine Chubbuck" in at least 3 separate conversations today...

...planting seeds...

Dixie Girl Guest
    Good for you, Seaogorath! *giggles* Now, if only the seeds bear fruition...

DexterKitty Guest
    Woooohoooo!!! You go Seagorath!!!!

28. 04-19-2009, 10:15 PM

DexterKitty Guest
    Goooooo Mike !!!!! Start rattling some cages!!!

30. 04-21-2009, 05:53 PM

DexterKitty Guest
    Good idea.... maybe the right person will see it and say "hey I've seen that somewhere... let me find a link" wouldn't that be too cool?!!!!

Seagorath Guest
    Christine Chubbuck MySpace...great idea. I'll consider one for FaceBook two...

...Double Ammo!...

DexterKitty Guest
    Awesome!!!!!

34. 04-24-2009, 11:26 AM

35. 05-01-2009, 07:14 AM

36. 05-01-2009, 07:21 AM

Meli Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael555 View Post

Yaaaaa I was the first person to view it! Woot! I also left you a comment! Well done!

I agree, she was very angry!

38. 05-01-2009, 05:45 PM

DexterKitty Guest
    It's gone.... I missed it dammit !!!

40. 05-01-2009, 11:52 PM

DexterKitty Guest
    Cool !!!!

LitaMalibu Guest
    Wow, I read through this whole post last night and I still can't stop thinking about this! Now, I'm intrigued. You guys are really determined!

But, I did go to www.christinechubbuck.com and it redirects me to CNN, grrr. Also, I noticed someone else had a Skinny Puppy connection they were looking into, but I also have a good friend who is friends with the band (who is also a death hag, particularly Elizabeth Short) so I'll send him an email.

Good luck to everyone on this!

DexterKitty Guest
    LitaMalibu.... welcome to the thread. Anything you can add would be greatly appreciated. And, yes we are very determined to see the tape. I don't know if we'll get to see it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by DexterKitty View Post
    And, yes we are very determined to see the tape. I don't know if we'll get to see it or not.
    We won't. I'll up my offer to 25k sterling. 7 days.

I guarantee we'll never see the footage.

DexterKitty Guest
    You're probably right.... but dammit ....we can dream !!! I still want to see the uncensored Nicole Brown throat wound pictures. *sigh*

stacebabe Guest
    Honestly, I don't get it. She PURPOSELY killed herself on LIVE TV for a reason, to prove a POINT even. I'm sure SHE would have no problem with the footage. I think the motive was very different than Bud Dwyer, Christine was really trying to prove a point. WTF!!!

LitaMalibu.... welcome to the thread. Anything you can add would be greatly appreciated. And, yes we are very determined to see the tape. I don't know if we'll get to see it or not.

DexterKitty Guest
    IMO....she wanted people to see it. I totally understand her family not wanting it out there. That said..... I believe she was trying to get a point across about the public wanting to see the 'blood and guts' reporting that she was so much against. She'd probably be thrilled to know that she is still talked about today so many years later. In some ways she did get her point acrossed. If she were alive today she would probably be shocked to see how popular that 'blood and guts' reporting has become. Hell, if she were still alive today she might be doing the 'blood and guts' reporting she so loathed back then. Who knows?

48. 05-04-2009, 07:00 PM

I am awaiting your post........please let us know....and thanks for trying again!
    I told my lawyer he's better step it up or we would both end up on an episode of "SNAPPED"

Seagorath Guest
    I can't wait. If we don't score anything tangible then I'll contact the Sarasota Police Department about purchasing the "full report"...

Well tomorrow is the day I'm supposed to get a response from the FCC. We'll probably come up empty handed yet again, but we shall see what we shall see.

c l p Guest
    i feel sorry for her god bless her soul...

Lisamarie Guest
    me too, she must have been such a sad girl..I always think of that drive in that morning..like what was she thinking ...and how alone she must have felt.....and again I totally think she wanted us all to see her final moments!!!!

53. 05-06-2009, 10:19 AM

Seagorath Guest
    We can always...break into the FCC...Mission Impossible style...

55. 05-06-2009, 08:37 PM

Good work!
    I told my lawyer he's better step it up or we would both end up on an episode of "SNAPPED"

Seagorath Guest
    What about that lady that wrote the Washington Post article about Christine's final minutes. She saw the footage...has anybody tried to contact her?

I'm beginning to think that's the only way to get the footage!!!
    lol.

Just a little update: I did email and I did get a response. I was told that my response should arrive in a couple days. Don't get excited. I'm pretty sure it's a letter saying something similar to primescore's.

I'm beginning to question whether Marilyn Fletcher actually got the video, I'm thinking maybe they do log the request but notice how there weren't any charges? You'd think there'd at least be a duplication charge!

58. 05-07-2009, 09:41 PM

Looch Guest
    I'm beginning to question whether Marilyn Fletcher actually got the video
    Who ever said that Marilyn Fletcher "got the video?" She supposedly applied to have it sent to her. Is there any evidence that it actually was sent to her?
    Last edited by Looch; 05-08-2009 at 02:43 AM.

Lisamarie Guest
    I would kill to see a freakin still !!! just one still form that fateful day.....are we gonna have to set up a fad memeber to seduce someone inot getting this damn tape??

Seagorath Guest
    If we don't score anything we can still get the transcript of her death from the Sarasota Police Department...I'll front the money. If I get the documents in the mail then I will scan them in for y'all.

After that, we can all plan to have a "Christine Chubbuck" appreciation day (for FAD members only ) down in Sarasota. We can go hang out at the old WXLT parking lot and wonder where she parked her yellow VW Beetle that morning. We can discuss this for hours if we want. We can also find out where her old address was and then "retrace" her route to work...

...now that would be a gas...

PS — Lisamarie can ride with me...

62. 05-08-2009, 12:54 PM

For some reason I thought she did .

Marilyn Fletcher didn't receive the footage. If the FCC had it we'd have seen it years ago.

I've been trying to point this out throughout this thread but no one's been listening.

We're up to £25k at the moment by the way.

lol

Dixie Girl Guest
    Someone has seen it, undoubtedly, and I think Marilyn Fletcher may have. She describes the pause on air, the steadiness of her gaze, and her non shaking hand as she raised the gun to her head and fired the fatal shot--which leads me to believe that she may well have seen it, at least.
    As for the transcript of her death, now THAT I found somewhere, I think--let me go through the steps I have already researched.

65. 05-09-2009, 04:24 AM

DexterKitty Guest
    I agree with the ratings angle. Back then seeing someone shoot themselve on tape would have been horrifyingly beyond comprehension. Today, it would be a shock but, everybody would be clamouring to the internet to get to see it, or watch it again if they had already seen it.Times have changed a lot. It sounds like Budd Dwyer's suicide was more brutal and graphic than Christine's. In a way we might be very dissapointed seeing her death. It probably wouldn't stack up to Budd's. I still think I saw her suicide on a real death movie but, I can't for the life of me remember where or when I saw it. I think somebody must have paid money, or bootlegged a copy of her suicide that was in the movie I saw. I highly doubt whoever had it had it legally. At one time somebody either sold out, or turned the other way while somebody copied it. It's out there somewhere the question is where?

LitaMalibu Guest
    I still think I saw her suicide on a real death movie but, I can't for the life of me remember where or when I saw it. I think somebody must have paid money, or bootlegged a copy of her suicide that was in the movie I saw. I highly doubt whoever had it had it legally. At one time somebody either sold out, or turned the other way while somebody copied it. It's out there somewhere the question is where?
    Can't anyone archive (or hunt down) those old "Faces of Death" type videos then? Also, like the Traci Lords stuff (I know gross example), you can still buy an old smut magazine from 1984 in a store and it will have her in it, so if it's out there, you can definitely get your hands on it, one way or another. If those Faces of Death movies were made and that footage is in it, then let's track down that tape!

Yay something to do inside on this hot as hell day!

annannanna Guest
    Every time this tread resurfaces I think "footage!?" and come running.

Northern Lights Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by LitaMalibu View Post
    Can't anyone archive (or hunt down) those old "Faces of Death" type videos then? Also, like the Traci Lords stuff (I know gross example), you can still buy an old smut magazine from 1984 in a store and it will have her in it, so if it's out there, you can definitely get your hands on it, one way or another. If those Faces of Death movies were made and that footage is in it, then let's track down that tape!

Yay something to do inside on this hot as hell day!
    First one. I'm watching right now.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...04062499&hl=fi

Northern Lights Guest
    And if you go to Google Video and type Faces of Death you get huge list.

Dixie Girl Guest
    Yeah I tried that once before lol--not to mention which there appears to be no site which lists in detail any of the scenarios featured on the movies themselves.

Northern Lights Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Dixie Girl View Post
    Yeah I tried that once before lol--not to mention which there appears to be no site which lists in detail any of the scenarios featured on the movies themselves.
    I think I saw that list somewhere. But everyone can now watch and I'm sure that footage is not there. If it was we would have seen it before.

Looch Guest
    I found the e-mail address marilyn.fletcher@nbc.com for Marilyn Fletcher online. I don't know if it works or not.

74. 05-11-2009, 11:14 AM