Page 6 of 63 FirstFirst ... 456781555 ... LastLast

Thread: Christine Chubbuck

Lisamarie Guest
    Its so weird to see her talking and interacting with people and just thinking she is going to blow her brains out live !

IrishBabe Guest
    Her brother sounded so sad at the end of that video. That has to be something you just never get past.

3. 03-25-2009, 08:18 AM

Quote Originally Posted by DexterKitty View Post
    I think so, yes. But who was she? Do you remember it?
    It's a fake video, i'll see if I can find it. There's a couple. One's convincing unless you break it down frame by frame as it looks so real, the second is on a par with my artist's interpretation of crime scenes using mspaint. In other words; shit.

lol

btw. I'll paypal £10,000 Sterling to whoever posts Christine's genuine suicide video on here in the next 10 days.

5. 03-25-2009, 08:45 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Awhsiv View Post
    That's non-binding. Besides, it'd require a much better offer than that, and I'm not talking £, $, or any currency. Things like this usually 'appear' as the result of a trade where the reciepent just happens to be a giving person and releases it to the world for FREE.

You might not think it's binding but I'll stick to my word. The recipient can donate the money to the charity of their choice or just burn it. It's up to them.

Mind you, if someone wanted to cash in on it they could make a fuck load more than ten grand.

7. 03-25-2009, 09:44 AM

My point is that items such as this usually don't change hands for money.

Who got rich off of the Bud Dwyer video?

The TV stations that originally filmed it? Would they get royalty's for it?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

My point is that items such as this usually don't change hands for money.

Who got rich off of the Bud Dwyer video?
    ??? Items such as this have been changing hands for money for years.

The Budd Dwyer video was so notorious and at a time when the CTR was much higher that many site owners hosting the video would see dividends. Considering how many people had access to the video though no one individual would have benefited greatly from hosting. Nowadays there are quite a few sites still paying for decent content, especially conflict footage, gore captured from street view filming, beheading propaganda etc

If the Steve Irwin video was leaked now and offered for sale there would be takers and takers willing to part with a lot of money.

Long Gone Day Guest
    What's CTR, Axl?

Seagorath Guest
    Continue to bother the weatherman...he at least has one of her complete Suncoast Digest episodes. I'd love just to see that.

Quote Originally Posted by Long Gone Day View Post
    What's CTR, Axl?
    Commonly, click through ratio or click through rate.

Lisamarie Guest
    okay you guys Im taking to soemone in the industry here ....and he had some info for me ...he told me there is a copy but there is an agreement it is not to be realesed til the family is dead and gone....a copy was obtained by the brother who gave it to a family friend and that is the agreement ...this is the copy the washington post reporter saw.....this is the single copy still held by this mysterie person. Thats what this guy told me who worker for Christines sister tv station in Fl at the time ....now who the mysterie person is I have no idea they said a family friend....he also said the mother thaankgod never viewed it herself ( thats a blessing) But the brother did...he also said there was a bit of a fuss over the fact in about 93 there was a rumor flying around that the producer had a copy and was going to sell it but that never happened. How much of this is true Im not sure ..but it makes sense to me ..I mean the Budd Dwyer video is so easy to find, you would think this would be as well....this guy I trust so I believe him ....still searching !!!! I will see this tape dammit!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lisamarie View Post
    ..I mean the Budd Dwyer video is so easy to find, you would think this would be as well....

The deference is that Dwyer called a press conference. All of the major networks were there. Christine did herself unannounced. Someone would've had to be taping by happenstance to capture it outside of the studio.

primescore Guest
    I simply hope that whoever has it knows enough to convert the video from 2 inch quad or VHS to a digital format copied onto a DVD or a hard disk drive. Fact is, a 2 inch quad/VHS is made of magnetic tape that will deteriorate over time and if they wait too long, there is not going to be much video remaining. DVDs/HDDs are considerably more durable and the video will last longer on them.

16. 03-26-2009, 02:01 PM

17. 04-06-2009, 04:29 AM

MmmRavioli Guest
    okay you guys Im taking to soemone in the industry here ....and he had some info for me ...he told me there is a copy but there is an agreement it is not to be realesed til the family is dead and gone....a copy was obtained by the brother who gave it to a family friend and that is the agreement ...this is the copy the washington post reporter saw.....this is the single copy still held by this mysterie person. Thats what this guy told me who worker for Christines sister tv station in Fl at the time ....now who the mysterie person is I have no idea they said a family friend....he also said the mother thaankgod never viewed it herself ( thats a blessing) But the brother did...he also said there was a bit of a fuss over the fact in about 93 there was a rumor flying around that the producer had a copy and was going to sell it but that never happened. How much of this is true Im not sure ..but it makes sense to me ..I mean the Budd Dwyer video is so easy to find, you would think this would be as well....this guy I trust so I believe him ....still searching !!!! I will see this tape dammit!!!!
    We have to wait until her whole family dies? *Groan*
    Come on, family.... j/k
    Well my great-grandchildren might be able to see it.

19. 04-06-2009, 05:34 AM

20. 04-06-2009, 05:34 AM

21. 04-06-2009, 06:21 AM

22. 04-06-2009, 06:30 AM

DexterKitty Guest
    oooo...oooo.... somebody offer her some money!!! Tell her we need to view it for college physc classes. Tell her you're doing an essay on depression. Yeah...yeah...that's it.... depression.

24. 04-06-2009, 11:25 AM

DexterKitty Guest
    I think it's out there too. I saw one with a blond reporter one time but, I'm almost positive I saw the Chris Chubbuck one, on one of those real death movies.It isn't a stretch that somebody could have sold a copy of it. The 'blood and guts' part of her speech is what I recall the most from the video. I wish to God I could remember which movie I saw that on? I'm going to search for real death movies, and see if any of the names jog my memory. It drives me nuts not remembering where I saw that.

26. 04-06-2009, 12:12 PM

Screwtape Guest
    Here's a screencap.

28. 04-06-2009, 12:20 PM

29. 04-06-2009, 12:33 PM

Dixie Girl Guest
    Hmm, I found a small thread somewhere regarding a newspaper article by someone named Sally Quinn. Pardon me if it has already been mentioned, I am sleep right now:

1. Andru Reeve Said, Hey, guys…if you want to read a GREAT article about Christine Chubbuck, with awesome pictures of her bloody script, see the August 4, 1974 edition of the Washington Post. A 3-page article by Sally Quinn. It’s the most thorough thing I’ve ever seen on this topic. I would pay anything, however, to see the actual tape — as the news article’s author obvious got a chance to do.
    2. Andru Reeve Said, BTW, you can access the Washington Post article at www.washingtonpost.com, but it’s $2.95 and because of the huge size of the article, it’s nearly impossible to print out. It’s free to copy from microfilm at most well-stocked city libraries. You won’t read anything more thorough than this on Chubbuck’s suicide — all kinds of personal details and interviews with family and co-workers.

I did find a copy of that article..but no blood soaked pictures of notes. http://www.manship2.lsu.edu/perkins/...hubbucknew.pdf
    Last edited by Dixie Girl; 04-06-2009 at 01:57 PM.

31. 04-06-2009, 01:50 PM

Dixie Girl Guest
    LOL at Michael55. In regards to the suicide note, that person you quoted (too tired to scroll up and look) may have been discussing the news notes, which Christine was uncharacteristically jotting down. Turned out that she was not only writing her own copy of her suicide, she also wrote that she would be listed in "critical" condition and taken to a specific hospital (Sarasota Memorial) nearby. Talk about weird!
    I am disposed to think that people have watched this video, especially as you read Sally Quinn's article. She notes the steadiness of her hand, the determined gaze, you name it. From best as I can tell the footage WAS shot, and it took a few seconds for them to go to a commercial break, for lack of a better word. I found a small note somewhere and it mentioned that the station had a copy of the shooting on their tapes, and the family filed an injunction (and received) the tape in its entirety. Until the injunction was granted, however, I think a few people have seen it, and would bve willing to bet that there is a copy or two stashed in people's private collections.
    Last edited by Dixie Girl; 04-06-2009 at 03:14 PM.

33. 04-06-2009, 03:12 PM

Dixie Girl Guest
    That's why you are here with us

35. 04-06-2009, 03:24 PM

36. 04-06-2009, 03:43 PM

37. 04-06-2009, 04:41 PM

Dixie Girl Guest
    *giggles* Too bad we don't have a member of the press on here to request it for us--maybe the media truly DOES have all the power!

39. 04-06-2009, 05:02 PM

Looch Guest
    okay you guys Im taking to soemone in the industry here ....and he had some info for me ...he told me there is a copy but there is an agreement it is not to be realesed til the family is dead and gone....a copy was obtained by the brother who gave it to a family friend and that is the agreement ...this is the copy the washington post reporter saw.....this is the single copy still held by this mysterie person. Thats what this guy told me who worker for Christines sister tv station in Fl at the time ....now who the mysterie person is I have no idea they said a family friend....he also said the mother thaankgod never viewed it herself ( thats a blessing) But the brother did...he also said there was a bit of a fuss over the fact in about 93 there was a rumor flying around that the producer had a copy and was going to sell it but that never happened.
    Fascinating information that you got there.

Somebody could potentially contact Greg Chubbuck. There is a phone number on Yahoo! People Search for a person by that name in the town that this happened in. Of course, that would be extremely disrespectful, so I dunno.

Quote Originally Posted by primescore View Post
    There have been reports that the video was on the early Internet in the 1990s.
    Where did you/we hear this? Just curious. I sometimes find myself wondering if the Internet wasn't a cooler place back then that it is now.

Quote Originally Posted by ozzysmom View Post
    I get excited everytime this thread pops up again. One day it's gonna pop up and the video will be there.....*fingers crossed, biting lip*
    Same here.

Quote Originally Posted by pksgigi View Post
    I have seen it somewhere on the net cause I can remember her saying in keeping with the tradition of...yada yada yada
    It's posts like this that make me think it's gotta be out there somewhere. The people in this thread who've seen it or say they know people who've seen it can't all be lying.

Someone should contact Boulevard of Broken Dreams via the contact info at the bottom of page six posted by Michael555. (EDIT: I guess that's what Michael555 did, judging by his post just above this one.)

I feel very badly for the family, as I know they must feel like they are being hunted with so many people seeking this video of their family member. However, I still badly want to see it.

Also, this is just an idea, but maybe it is a court in Sarasota, FL rather than the FCC which we should be pursuing, given that it was presumably some court - as opposed to the FCC - which granted the injunction which the story goes is preventing the footage's release.

Is there somebody documenting all of these clues in one place? I don't have enough time to go through the thread and record every clue, but I hope somebody is in like a Microsoft Word document or something.

If this footage was just 10 years later, it would be all over the Internet.

I also just want to reiterate my thanks and appreciation to everybody for their hard work in searching for this footage.
    Last edited by Looch; 04-06-2009 at 07:23 PM.

41. 04-06-2009, 06:57 PM

Lisamarie Guest
    I still think its out there!!!!!

43. 04-07-2009, 10:58 AM

Seagorath Guest
    I'm thinking about making a trip down to Sarasota soon. I'd just love to find the old WXLT building. Maybe some of us can break in and see if there's anything in attic storage. I wonder what happened to Christine's yellow VW Beetle...the one she drove to work in that fateful day.

I'd love to own it...

45. 04-07-2009, 11:12 AM

Lisamarie Guest
    Chris and i were co-workers at WXLT and besides her delightful sense of humor, i remember that she was always in the newsroom when i got there and she was always there when i left. I rather not comment on her demise allthough I was there the day it happend...its something I rather forget....but cannot.
    She was a good kid.
    your a relentless girl!
    Peace-
    lee

found this he wouldent say anymore and yes he was there that day.....I went to the tv station and you have to have a pass to get into the parking lot...but I juts sat and stared wondering where she parked that day........I truly think its out there!!! Im not sure where ...keep looking peeps.....Im sure Im traumatiaizng many with my questions this guy was like look its something I rather forget poor bastard!!! I just keep trying....hey his responce was more than I excpected.

Lisamarie Guest
    evidently Im relentless!!! Lol!!!

Lisamarie Guest
    okay a friend of a friend has the hookup to one of the band members of the band skinny puppy who evidently had the footage and would show it during their cocerts...Im not sure if this is true but Im going to drop this guy a line asking ....its worth a shot......it was rumored that in the 80s this footage resurfaced....and was out and about....I think its on one of these gore site someplace.....Im not sure..I think Chris would have wanted us to see.......

Seagorath Guest
    Way to go, Lisamarie -- Evidently Skinnypuppy has ties to the FCC...evidently...

okay a friend of a friend has the hookup to one of the band members of the band skinny puppy who evidently had the footage and would show it during their cocerts...Im not sure if this is true but Im going to drop this guy a line asking ....its worth a shot......it was rumored that in the 80s this footage resurfaced....and was out and about....I think its on one of these gore site someplace.....Im not sure..I think Chris would have wanted us to see.......

Seagorath Guest
    Greg Chubbuck's entire life has been overshadowed by his sister's unique suicide...

He'll more than likely tell me to...stick it up my arse...

Quote Originally Posted by Michael555 View Post
    You may wanna ask Greg Chubbuck.

Looch Guest
    okay a friend of a friend has the hookup to one of the band members of the band skinny puppy who evidently had the footage and would show it during their cocerts...
    I thought this was a false rumor?

Chris and i were co-workers at WXLT and besides her delightful sense of humor, i remember that she was always in the newsroom when i got there and she was always there when i left. I rather not comment on her demise allthough I was there the day it happend...its something I rather forget....but cannot.
    She was a good kid.
    your a relentless girl!
    Peace-
    lee
    Where did you find this? Are you in touch with this person?

DexterKitty Guest
    Didn't Skinnypuppy also use the footage from Budd Dwyer's suicide? I'm pretty sure they did. Maybe, they got the Chris Chubbuck footage off the internet somewhere? I'm pretty sure I saw it on one of those real death movies. If I remember right..... she was sitting at the news desk, with a blue screen behind her. They cued the music and she opened the show kind of reading it from her notes, then came the 'blood and guts' speech, and bang. It got deathly quiet, and suddenly a couple of people ran towards her, and the screen went black. You could still hear some talking though.It seems like somebody said "Oh my God!!! She has gone and done it!!" Man, I wish I could remember where I saw that. Yesterday, I spent hours searching for even some of the real death movies to see if I could find any that possibly contained that footage.

The rumor was the it was on "Traces of Death" but so far Ive only read the Bud Dyer is on there
    I told my lawyer he's better step it up or we would both end up on an episode of "SNAPPED"

Seagorath Guest
    Any word on the FBI training video...that contains the Chubbuck footage? How about ANY Christine Chubbuck footage.

DexterKitty Guest
    There was also a real death movie series called 'Death Scenes'. I saw that series a looooong time ago. Damn,damn,damn,......I wish I could remember. I believe there was a movie called 'Final Exits' too.

56. 04-07-2009, 07:21 PM

DexterKitty Guest
    Damn.....we keep hitting roadblocks.

Dixie Girl Guest
    I found this empty link to a media blog...and it was pulled by the person. Considering it's title, and the fact that it was pulled, makes me wonder if it could have been the real deal? I don't know how to contact bloggers though.
    http://media-blogs.blogspot.com/2008...ide-video.html
    And has anyone looked here? I am still sick so not up too much tonight in the way pof registering. It is the Vanderbilt university News archive and will show you live broadcasts but you have to be registered. Apparently some people have used it to find some clips of her, don't know if the "real deal" is viewable from this site, though:
    http://tvnews.vanderbilt.edu/
    I see that her older brother died of AIDS, poor guy This family definitely endured it's share of horror.
    Last edited by Dixie Girl; 04-07-2009 at 08:22 PM.

Seagorath Guest
    We need to keep digging! SOMETHING will certainly turn up. Wonder what the Sarasota Police Department has in their tasty archives...

Dixie Girl Guest
    I was just on a yahoo group reading posts about her..apparently several people report that the suicide WAS seen on TV and that it did, indeed, shake their family members up who viewed it. The Vanderbilt University footage so far has revealed newsclips of the other stations covering it, but I don't know any more than that. The segments apparently last only 20-40 seconds long (this is all I am extrapolating from some Chris Chubbuck researchers as well).

warmbear Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Dixie Girl View Post
    I was just on a yahoo group reading posts about her..apparently several people report that the suicide WAS seen on TV and that it did, indeed, shake their family members up who viewed it. The Vanderbilt University footage so far has revealed newsclips of the other stations covering it, but I don't know any more than that. The segments apparently last only 20-40 seconds long (this is all I am extrapolating from some Chris Chubbuck researchers as well).
    Yes, this jives with my recollection of the clip I saw.. It is under a minute long, and more or less ends when you would expect the cameraman gets over the initial shock of what he has just witnessed, and realizes what has happened, and shuts down the camera..

Northern Lights Guest
    From AV Maniacs Forum (06-05-2007)

"The FBI in Quantico has a few training tapes showing a whole lot of suicide and live death footage for their psych profile classes. The Dwyer and Chubbuck deaths are part of the footage. I've seen a few of the tapes. They are not pretty and they should never be released to the general public."

Is it true? Who knows...

63. 04-07-2009, 10:14 PM

64. 04-07-2009, 10:15 PM

65. 04-07-2009, 10:21 PM

66. 04-08-2009, 02:09 AM

warmbear Guest
    He/She was referring to the segment of the television program (ABC, NBC etc). I wonder if they'd show at least THE BEGINNING of the tape...where she goes into her little speech.
    Yes, that is how it starts, with that short speech/farewell/whatever you want to call it.

68. 04-08-2009, 06:30 AM

Seagorath Guest
    Yes, you can request a documented "breakdown" of her case from the Sarasota Police Department. There is a small fee to pay, but they will send you a full "text file" detailing their experiences with her case.

Crime photos will never be seen, but DO exist at the police station. Christine's bloody "suicide ramble" note is also in their evidence files.

Can we request something from their archives?
    Or would that just NOT happen?

Lisamarie Guest
    I wonder what the note said.....

DexterKitty Guest
    Probably something like.... good bye cruel world..etc,etc,etc. It would be interesting to view the contents of it,and get a better understanding, of what she was thinking of when she wrote it. To me it sounds like she was very unhappy in life, and thought she could escape that unhappiness in death.

72. 04-08-2009, 01:59 PM

To me it sounds like she was very unhappy in life...

...and thought she could escape that unhappiness in death...

I'm so sorry Dexter, I doubt that you meant to come across in that way but I've got to laugh at your psychology skillz.

Lisamarie Guest
    I think she also wanted a legacy...dude he did it live on tv!!!! She would have wnated us to see it...Budd Dwyer style....

DexterKitty Guest
    Just tellin' it like it is. What I meant was.... it sounds like her entire life from birth to death was just unhappy. Maybe, she thought that she would never find happiness. She seemed to be a tortured soul. She never could connect with anybody on any level. It sounds to me like she lived her entire life in solitude. It seems she was very disconnected from the world. She was an army of one....so to speak. I think it would have been interesting to know what went on in her head. I think she was a very complex woman.

ozzysmom Guest
    Imagine if Christine had this wonderful group of friends we call FAD. I think she was a true death-hag at heart, she wanted us to see this. I bet she would have loved out little dark (and very caring) community.

DexterKitty Guest
    I think she also wanted a legacy...dude he did it live on tv!!!! She would have wnated us to see it...Budd Dwyer style....
    I agree... I think she meant for people to see it. If she didn't she wouldn't have done it on live TV. It was her 15 minutes of fame so to speak,and she was robbed of it IMO. She was trying to get apoint across, and we'll never know what her exact intention was because, very little has been publicly released.Sure, there have been interviews with family and co workers but, I think a lot of what has been said about it and her has been filtered. What has been said about her has been carefully thought out, carefully worded, and well orchestrated.

DexterKitty Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ozzysmom View Post
    Imagine if Christine had this wonderful group of friends we call FAD. I think she was a true death-hag at heart, she wanted us to see this. I bet she would have loved out little dark (and very caring) community.
    I think so too.

Seagorath Guest
    I hope to meet Christine someday. Maybe she can shed some light on all of this.