Page 12 of 63 FirstFirst ... 310111213142161 ... LastLast

Thread: Christine Chubbuck

DexterKitty Guest
    I've never seen the Skinnypuppy video. What's the name of it ? Maybe,it's on youtube somewhere? The footage I saw was on a real death movie. I still have to wonder if her family found out it was in a movie, and legally fought to have it removed? Somebody somewhere probably has a VHS tape of that movie, sitting in their basement collecting dust, and don't realize how people have sought after it. I do know the version I saw was on VHS.

2. 06-07-2009, 09:09 PM

DexterKitty Guest
    I'm pretty sure it was her. The thing of it is..... I had never heard of her before I saw this thread. After seeing a picture of her it clicked. The way she stared into the camera right before she did it was freaky as hell. I remember thinking to myself how stupid she was by doing that. I didn't know about her situation at all. I thought to myself...WTF? It must have been the lighting but I thought to myself..... she sure is beautiful.... I wonder what went wrong in her life that she would do such a thing? She had very dark brown eyes almost black and very intense. You could tell by looking at her that she was a deep thinker. I sure wish we could find it because now that I know who she was, I would pay more attention to the details. I have to admit... at first I thought it was a joke. After the screen went black, and I heard the audio of the panic that ensude, I felt weird.

annannanna Guest
    I'm still searching for the tape.

DexterKitty Guest
    Me too Anna let's keep our fingers crossed.

6. 06-08-2009, 11:48 AM

7. 06-08-2009, 11:50 AM

DexterKitty Guest
    You could almost feel her eyes when she looked at the camera. It was almost like she was looking directly at you, and speaking directly to you. It was creepy as hell. God, I wish we could find it. The video store I rented that tape from went out of bussiness. Most everything is on DVD now. They probably threw away all the VHS tapes.

DexterKitty Guest
    I bet her family got that injunction after it had already been published on those real death tapes !!! It was already out there, and they put the kabosh on it !!!! I bet after the injunction was in place the scene was deleted from future copys of the real death movies. With the transition from VHS to DVD it would have been simple enough to do. I bet anything that's what happened!!!! Too many people have claimed to have seen it. It was out there at one time but, it has not made the transition to DVD because of the injunction. I love it when the puzzle pieces start to come together.

10. 06-08-2009, 12:12 PM

JabezHyde Guest
    Hey guys, while you are waiting for the real goods, you could get one of these! I wouldn't buy one, though--I'd just make my own with copy and paste and a t-shirt transfer. But, they kinda rock and it's a great way to keep the flame a-burnin'

Keep the faith, peeps!

Lisamarie Guest
    dude where the hell is this video!!!!!!!

DexterKitty Guest
    Mike... it was atleast 15 years ago if not more. I know it's less than 20 years though. I don't really even know where to look for old VHS movies. Any ideas?

There's a lot of heart in this thread but it's beating solely to to provide the rhythm for the search for the needle in the haystack which doesn't exist.

DexterKitty Guest
    I think some of the real death movies on VHS can still be purchased on line. There are several sites that sell death related merchandise. I'm going to have a looksie and I'll see if I can find anything. BBL

RaRaRamona Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JabezHyde View Post
    Hey guys, while you are waiting for the real goods, you could get one of these! I wouldn't buy one, though--I'd just make my own with copy and paste and a t-shirt transfer. But, they kinda rock and it's a great way to keep the flame a-burnin'

Keep the faith, peeps!
    Haaa cool.

DexterKitty Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by W Axl Rose View Post
    There's a lot of heart in this thread but it's beating solely to to provide the rhythm for the search for the needle in the haystack which doesn't exist.
    It's out there somewhere. Somebody probably has a VHS copy and don't realize it's value. It's been veiwed by too many people to not exist.

Quote Originally Posted by DexterKitty View Post
    It's out there somewhere. Somebody probably has a VHS copy and don't realize it's value. It's been veiwed by too many people to not exist.
    Somebody probably doesn't. There's no VHS copy of the original suicide to be viewed.

Live with the truth people!

pvezz Guest
    Somebody probably doesn't. There's no VHS copy of the original suicide to be viewed.

As much as I'd love to see it, I'd have to agree. If a tape existed, we would have seen it by now.

RaRaRamona Guest

LOL That about sums up the entire thread.

21. 06-08-2009, 01:35 PM

DexterKitty Guest
    OK guys..... I may have found the video it was on. I went to a site that sells this type of merchandise. The name of the movie is 'Bizarre Deaths.' From what I gather the police confiscated the original copy, and use it for training purposes. It would stand to reason that the footage may have been on that tape. The name rings a bell for some reason. Obviously, somebody reproduced it because, it is for sale on VHS for $40. It doesn't say what is actually on that video but, it could be there. I suppose the cops could have siezed it because of the injunction if her death was on it. Don't know but..... it is something to consider. Off to search some more.

RaRaRamona Guest
    Michael, don't get a finger cramp swiping that debit card out of your wallet.

24. 06-08-2009, 01:40 PM

25. 06-08-2009, 01:41 PM

DexterKitty Guest
    Mike...you have mail!!!

27. 06-08-2009, 02:31 PM

DexterKitty Guest
    Too bad they don't have a sample trailer on that,huh? A little sneak preview would be nice.

29. 06-08-2009, 03:01 PM

Lisamarie Guest
    see I know what you mean I rmeeber seeing a death video like this one with Albert Dekkler photos and also the thelma todd autopsy pics as well and Lupe Valez....I know I saw all these death scene pics someplace on a faces of death type video maybe this is the one ????Wouldent that be amazing !!!!!

DexterKitty Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael555 View Post
    Should I post on their forum and ask if anyone knows?
    If that's the only copy, I'm afriad someone will buy it and then we may never know if it DOES have 'the footage' :/
    Might as well Mike...what could it hurt? Maybe, you could contact the site owner and ask her? I'm sure there's more than one copy of it. There's another movie there called 'Death.com' it claims to have shocking suicides too. At least, we're covering all the bases in trying to find it.

DexterKitty Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisamarie View Post
    see I know what you mean I rmeeber seeing a death video like this one with Albert Dekkler photos and also the thelma todd autopsy pics as well and Lupe Valez....I know I saw all these death scene pics someplace on a faces of death type video maybe this is the one ????Wouldent that be amazing !!!!!
    I've been on a bunch of websites pertaining to CC's suicide today, and there are A LOT of people who claim to have seen it, on one of the real death movies. I serioulsy believe somebody made copies of it before the injunction took effect. Hell, for all we know those movies could have been made in another country. I wonder if a citizen was running some kind of recoding device the day that it happened. It's unlikely but...not impossible. Maybe, the citizen sold it to somebody? It's hard to remove stuff that is in public domain. I'm sure if a citizen did tape that they wouldn't go around telling people they had it especially after the hoopla and the injunction.

33. 06-08-2009, 03:47 PM

Orleans Guest
    omgomgomgomgomgomgomg

Somebody buy it!

35. 06-08-2009, 04:17 PM

RaRaRamona Guest
    Sooo...how long til someone takes over the thread, pretending to be speaking to Ms Chubbuck?

Too soon?

DexterKitty Guest
    What other websites have you been to discussing her tape. I haven't been to any that have been as active as this thread.
    I googled her name ,and just started going through various forums discussing her suicide. It might take me a while to find them. I think one was metalfilter.com ? I can't remember the name of the forum but.... one of the posters said they thought they saw it on one of the 'Faces of Death' movies. I think it could be on that 'Bizarre Deaths' movie. That name sounds so familiar.

38. 06-08-2009, 05:19 PM

Orleans Guest
    It wasn't on any of the Faces Of Deaths. If anyone said that, I believe they were mistaken.
    ----------------

And RaRa, it's never too soon. Haha.

DexterKitty Guest
    Hey Mr. Crackney...... loooove the name LMAO!!!

DexterKitty Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Orleans View Post
    It wasn't on any of the Faces Of Deaths. If anyone said that, I believe they were mistaken.
    ----------------

And RaRa, it's never too soon. Haha.
    I'm sorry....I worded that wrong. They said they saw it on a 'Faces of Death' like video. As in real death video is what I assume they meant.

42. 06-08-2009, 05:24 PM

43. 06-08-2009, 05:25 PM

DexterKitty Guest
    So, you like Crackney Love,huh? he he he

45. 06-08-2009, 05:32 PM

Orleans Guest
    They probably meant the type of movie Bizarre Deaths/Faces Of Death, I can see where someone would get confused.
    Yeah, I didn't mean to sound ugly. The Faces of Deaths I know...but Bizarre Deaths? Could it be there?????

Orleans Guest
    I'm sorry....I worded that wrong. They said they saw it on a 'Faces of Death' like video. As in real death video is what I assume they meant.
    My apologies. I get weird about this stuff. Sorry!

DexterKitty Guest
    I sure hope so !!!! Off to look some more. Good thing I'm on vacation I'm having some trouble pulling myelf away from the Chris Chubbuck research.

49. 06-08-2009, 05:50 PM

DexterKitty Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Orleans View Post
    My apologies. I get weird about this stuff. Sorry!
    Totally OK....we all want to see it real bad. I'm glad I saw it back then ...but I want to see it again because I know her story now. It makes more sense now. When I saw it before I thought what a crazy bitch LMAO!!! Now, I would probably feel pity for her if I saw it.

annannanna Guest
    Please tell me someone bought the video.

Orleans Guest
    I know, me too. I think it's safe to say we've all had our bouts with depression...not to the extent where we would put a gun to our head on live TV. I feel sorry for what she went through, and that she was so unhappy even though she was pretty and had a blooming career ahead of her.

But I still want to see it.

Seagorath Guest
    Doesn't Michael Jackson own the Chubbuck video?...along with the Elephant Man skeleton...

annannanna Guest
    If one of us does find the video, (or gets it form MJ) can we just post it or what? I'd hate to see Scott shut down over this injunction.

DexterKitty Guest
    OMG!!! Guys it was on a Japanese realease of Faces of Death!!!! The American version had that part deleted. I KNEW it was out there. I don't know how to link this but here is the URL I found this info about it type this without the spaces into your Google search box www. avmaniacs .com /forums/ showthread php ?+=40166 it should take you right to the page.

Last edited by DexterKitty; 06-08-2009 at 06:41 PM.

56. 06-08-2009, 06:31 PM

Dixie Girl Guest
    I see this statement on the avmaniacsforum...
    "No, I don't have a link.

Anyway, next to Dwyer this is one of the most infamous on-air suicides, yet finding someone who's seen it is hard to do. Apparently, all the footage was seized and destroyed by the family, however the FCC does have it in their archives.

Anyway, a customer at Kim's always talked about a Japanese release of Faces of Death that had footage cut from the American release. He told me a different title, that I cannot remember currently. He was a bootlegger, and swore up and down that he used to have a tape of that original version and this footage was on it. At the time, I doubted him, but now I'm not sure."

DexterKitty Guest
    Yes....that's the one. I remember the narrarator of the film using a foriegn sounding voice. We need to get a copy of the Japanese version of 'Faces of Death'.

DexterKitty Guest
    Well guys..... atleast we know it is/was out there at some point. I was absolutely positive I had seen it. Now, we have to obtain it... which I would imagine will be very difficult but we can do it !!!

Orleans Guest
    OMG!!! Guys it was on a Japanese realease of Faces of Death!!!! The American version had that part deleted. I KNEW it was out there. I don't know how to link this but here is the URL I found this info about it type this without the spaces into your Google search box www. avmaniacs .com /forums/ showthread php ?+=40166 it should take you right to the page.

Holy Crap! That explains it!

We need to get it.

RaRaRamona Guest
    Heeeeeerrrrrrre kitty kitty kitty kitty...

62. 06-08-2009, 07:08 PM

annannanna Guest
    If anyone can find this it's a Death Hag.

Orleans Guest
    I tend to agree. But, hey! It's a new nibble.

65. 06-08-2009, 07:15 PM

Orleans Guest
    I'm thinking if it's on anything, it's on that Bizzare Deaths video.
    I'm just afraid that if I buy it, ($40?! OUCH) it'll be a bunch of crazy random gore and no "footage" to be seen.
    I know. If I were rich, I'd buy it in a heartbeat to see if it was there. But I am far from financially comfortable. Don't purchase it if you can't afford it.

DexterKitty Guest
    $40 is a little steep... unless you want to buy it,view it,and then send it back saying it's defective or something. *Dex grins slyly* ~snicker snicker~

annannanna Guest
    I'm thinking maybe it was Traces of Death released in another country.

Orleans Guest
    $40 is a little steep... unless you want to buy it,view it,and then send it back saying it's defective or something. *Dex grins slyly* ~snicker snicker~
    LMAO! Just make sure they have a return policy first.