Page 10 of 63 FirstFirst ... 891011121959 ... LastLast

Thread: Christine Chubbuck

DexterKitty Guest
    I wouldn't ask Mr Chubbuck it would only distress him. I doubt the weatherman would have any access to it either. I really don't understand why none of her other news footage can't be found though. I wonder if the news producers got rid of everything involving her? Kind of like....they were pissed cause she did it on air, so they destroyed everything she ever did there? It really makes me wonder. It's extremely strange to me that there are very few pictures of her to be found. She was somewhat of a celebrity in her area so, you would think a person could find out more about her life. It was before the internet age so, I guess that would probably explain a lot. It's out there somewhere but, I'm starting to doubt we will ever find it. I was "lucky" enough to see it, and it was shocking. It wasn't nearly as 'mind blowing' <snicker snicker> as Bud Dwyer's suicide though. Her's didn't stick with me like his did. I think it was the 'blood and guts' of Dwyer's video that made it really stick. I think it would be so cool if Mr. Chubbuck would do a biography about Christine's life and death. I truely believe there are a lot of people out there that would like to know more about this complex woman.

RaRaRamona Guest
    I'm just putting this out there. I have posted a couple of threads about videos & movies I saw as a child that and had searched the world over for, with no luck. I asked my fellow hags for help & when they came through with the goods...very little of what I clearly remembered wasactually in the movies at all. Memory is funny.

3. 05-18-2009, 04:28 PM

spikenesmith.blogspot.com Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Perdi View Post
    Sorry, I know this is totally off topic....but DAMN THE BBC!!!! How could they do that to The Doctor AND Monty Python....its a bloody travesty!!
    Well, back in the early days, a lot of stuff was just not taped in the first place, all TV was live. When VTR was introduced, most stuff was wiped because the BBC couldn't think of any further use for it, and the huge tapes were taking up an ever-increasing amount of room. In most cases, one or two episodes of something would be kept as a flavour of the show, and the rest would be wiped, and the tapes re-used. Repeats weren't commonplace - and the BBC were particularly wary of repeating black and white shows once the dawn of colour came - and it wasn't until the early 80s that any sort of market became available for selling shows on domestic formats. So, even though what they did was wrong, it's somewhat understandable.

The good news is that ALL of Python exists. Terry Jones actually had a producer smuggle the Series 1 tapes out of the BBC and had them transferred to an early home format - probably a Sony vc2000 - so that they would be kept. I think in the end there was enough pressure to not wipe the tapes and the Pythons eventually sued the BBC in order to maintain ownership and control of the series. That's why you see the copyright as "Python (Monty) Pictures" on them after the original BBC copyright. They also sued the American ABC network, but that's a story for another day.

Please tell me "Sky" wasnt erased.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

Bad news: yes, some of it was.

good news:

...episodes three and seven - the missing ones - were recovered from off-air VHS copies. The DVD is released into the wild on the first of June.

RaRaRamona Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by spikenesmith.blogspot.com View Post
    Well, back in the early days, a lot of stuff was just not taped in the first place, all TV was live. When VTR was introduced, most stuff was wiped because the BBC couldn't think of any further use for it, and the huge tapes were taking up an ever-increasing amount of room. In most cases, one or two episodes of something would be kept as a flavour of the show, and the rest would be wiped, and the tapes re-used. Repeats weren't commonplace - and the BBC were particularly wary of repeating black and white shows once the dawn of colour came - and it wasn't until the early 80s that any sort of market became available for selling shows on domestic formats. So, even though what they did was wrong, it's somewhat understandable.
    1) Thanks for the info on the tapes. Now that I understand why, it makes so much more sense that there is so little footage of her.

2) I can't even imagine what my life would be like without Monty Python.

Bad news: yes, some of it was.

good news:

So sorry I have to LMHO!! Ich I am so intrigued. I must find these epis now.

8. 05-18-2009, 08:43 PM

Looch Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by siniestra View Post
    there is an FBI training video which has her suicide on it.
    How do you know this?

10. 05-19-2009, 10:15 AM

Lisamarie Guest
    I just cannot see why we have a former presidents murder by assination ...we have the Budd Dwyer footage and why do we not have this one ?? I mean whats the big deal ?? They are out there and with the internet we will see thing if not worse as bad as this ......so why all the cloaks and daggers ???She wanted people to see it ...to me it was a big fuck you to everybody ......

Seagorath Guest
    Best response to a 'Christine Chubbuck' post yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Looch View Post
    How do you know this?

Perdi Guest

The good news is that ALL of Python exists. Terry Jones actually had a producer smuggle the Series 1 tapes out of the BBC and had them transferred to an early home format - probably a Sony vc2000 - so that they would be kept. I think in the end there was enough pressure to not wipe the tapes and the Pythons eventually sued the BBC in order to maintain ownership and control of the series. That's why you see the copyright as "Python (Monty) Pictures" on them after the original BBC copyright. They also sued the American ABC network, but that's a story for another day.
    Oh thank crap for that!!! I was starting to have palpitations!! Terry Jones is a bright wee spark indeed!!

Oh thank crap for that!!! I was starting to have palpitations!! Terry Jones is a bright wee spark indeed!!
    He surely is. He and Michael Palin were very much into the technical side of things, that's probably why Terry Jones eventually became a director. Incidentally, Palin and Jones wrote a tv play called "Secrets" aound 1972 or 73, which was also wiped by the BBC. Luckily, the producer of the play had kept a third generation copy for himself which he found a few years ago at the bottom of a wardrobe!

You Death Hags will love this; the play revolves around the manager of a factory (played by Warren Mitchell; the UK's Archie Bunker) that makes boxes of chocolates called "Secrets". His job is thrown into turmoil when three factory workers fall into a vat of chocolate. Nobody realises before it's too late, and the tainted chocolates get distributed. Sales go up and customers say they like the new taste, so after experiments with other (legal) meats fail and the company is about to go bankrupt, they are forced to admit to what happened. Because of demand for the new version of "Secrets", the company starts to recycle corpses, putting them into the chocolates, and Britain's economy booms thanks to this newfound taste for human flesh.

The play ends with a shot of an advertising billboard for the chocolates which says...

"We let people into our Secrets."

Dixie Girl Guest
    Roflmao!

Dixie Girl Guest
    Ok, well here is an interesting point that I forgot--and it is useful for other searches, as well.
    This website has pretty much everything archived from 1996 on. It's great for doing searches IF a site is known. Keyword searching currently is not supported, unfortunately.
    However, for those sites that claim to have had a video..if they did, it can be found via this site.
    http://web.archive.org

Looch Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Seagorath View Post
    Best response to a 'Christine Chubbuck' post yet.
    Well, he/she said it as if they were sure, not like "I heard it's on an FBI training video." So, I asked for some clarification.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael555 View Post
    I don't think anyone is 100 percent sure about this except the person who claims to have seen it on the AV Maniacs Forum.

http://www.avmaniacs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30023
    Which post is it?

Northern Lights Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Dixie Girl View Post
    This website has pretty much everything archived from 1996 on. It's great for doing searches IF a site is known.
    http://web.archive.org
    I've been using that Wayback Machine search almost two years with no luck.
    I've found many other things though. It helps sometimes.

I've never had anything of value to post here, and I still don't, but I check it all the time. This morning, on the way to work, I saw an old school yellow VW convertible driven by a woman with long, dark hair. I almost ran off the road gettin' a look at her.

Perdi Guest
    He surely is. He and Michael Palin were very much into the technical side of things, that's probably why Terry Jones eventually became a director. Incidentally, Palin and Jones wrote a tv play called "Secrets" aound 1972 or 73, which was also wiped by the BBC. Luckily, the producer of the play had kept a third generation copy for himself which he found a few years ago at the bottom of a wardrobe!

You Death Hags will love this; the play revolves around the manager of a factory (played by Warren Mitchell; the UK's Archie Bunker) that makes boxes of chocolates called "Secrets". His job is thrown into turmoil when three factory workers fall into a vat of chocolate. Nobody realises before it's too late, and the tainted chocolates get distributed. Sales go up and customers say they like the new taste, so after experiments with other (legal) meats fail and the company is about to go bankrupt, they are forced to admit to what happened. Because of demand for the new version of "Secrets", the company starts to recycle corpses, putting them into the chocolates, and Britain's economy booms thanks to this newfound taste for human flesh.

The play ends with a shot of an advertising billboard for the chocolates which says...

Now you see that just sounds fabby!! ...although I don't think I would be able to look a box of Dairy Milk in the eye for a while after watching it!! hee hee!!!

trose Guest
    Michael,

You did fine on the show - I enjoyed it immensely!

I'm not sure I'd watch the Chubbuck tape if it was available, but I can understand those who do.

Everyone's tolerance level is different, and I think that's a good thing.

Tami

Seagorath Guest
    There is about to be a "Chubbuck breakthrough"...I can feel it...

Northern Lights Guest
    Do you know something that we don't know?

You're not wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Lights View Post
    Do you know something that we don't know?

Sea must be telepathic, I've just found a fantastically rendered illustration of the death scene. Hold on two secs and I'll host it somewhere.

Probably looked a bit like this huh!?

Last edited by W Axl Rose; 05-21-2009 at 12:39 PM.

Lisamarie Guest
    lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Northern Lights Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by W Axl Rose View Post

Lmao! Did you draw it yourself?

Seagorath Guest
    Love it...that satisfies my "Chubbuck palate" for at least a few hours...

You're not wrong.

Sea must be telepathic, I've just found a fantastically rendered illustration of the death scene. Hold on two secs and I'll host it somewhere.

DisneyStacy Guest
    OMG I am ashamed to say that, had I been drinking, I would have spit liquid all over my computer when I scrolled down to see that.

lol...Axl....your illustration made me feel like I was there man!!
    "Go to Heaven for the climate - Hell for the company" - Mark Twain

Thought you guys might like to know that Death Hags get another shout out on tomorrow's show. All the death talk last week inspired Paul to buy a book about dying, that he recommends to you all...

I'll post it here once it's ready!

Perdi Guest
    You're not wrong.

LMFAO!!!! Axl, on a Friday evening after a bitch of a week, that was exactly what the doctor ordered!!!! Thank you!!!

Seagorath Guest
    I want to shout something on the show about Christine's Yellow Beetle. Like, where the fugg is it and who owns it? I'd also like to know what happened to her Roberta Flack 8-track collection...

...Perhaps "Greg Chubbuck" would know...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-B1wdau8uHU

Thought you guys might like to know that Death Hags get another shout out on tomorrow's show. All the death talk last week inspired Paul to buy a book about dying, that he recommends to you all...

I'll post it here once it's ready!

33. 05-22-2009, 01:37 PM

DexterKitty Guest
    LMFAO!!!! Yes, there she is all blood and guts in living color and on paper!!! he he he

annannanna Guest
    LMFAO!!! That's the one i saw! Classic! It must have been taken by the same camera as the Heath Ledger autopsy pic!

On a serious note... If Chris was on one of those gore videos, wouldn't we have it by now? Maybe no one really watches that stuff?

DexterKitty Guest
    Stick figures have always confused me, especially if they don't have finger puppets to help tell the story.

JabezHyde Guest
    Hello, all. Been lurking here a while, but just started posting.

Regarding the gore movies out there... I used to work for the largest provider of streaming online adult content, and one of my jobs was to help find content for a non-p*rn site we were developing. This site has mostly amateur/low budget horror movies, documentaries, vintage specialty footage, a lot of really bad zombie movies, BUT a bunch of content from a few providers that distributed death/gore compilations. Most of you are probably aware of the content on the tapes, but maybe there is something you haven't seen.

I saw the Bud Dwyer extended version on one of these. It just goes on for.......ever.

I will provide a link to the listings here, but beware that some adult links and content may also come up. I can assure you, however, that the company runs completely pop-up free and spam-free sites, so no worries there. If you roll over the covers, you can read the back of the packaging, and sometimes there is a list of the content. If you click on the title covers, additional scene stills will appear below and THEY ARE VERY VERY GRAPHIC.

Brain Damage Films

Distinctive Movies (several pages of titles)

SRS Cinema -- excellent Death in Hollywood Documentary!

I watched some of them while I was working, but some of it was just. too. much.

Enjoy...

annannanna Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JabezHyde View Post

Regarding the gore movies out there... I used to work for the largest provider of streaming online adult content, and one of my jobs was to help find content for a non-p*rn site we were developing. This site has mostly amateur/low budget horror movies, documentaries, vintage specialty footage, a lot of really bad zombie movies, BUT a bunch of content from a few providers that distributed death/gore compilations. Most of you are probably aware of the content on the tapes, but maybe there is something you haven't seen.

I saw the Bud Dwyer extended version on one of these. It just goes on for.......ever.

I will provide a link to the listings here, but beware that some adult links and content may also come up. I can assure you, however, that the company runs completely pop-up free and spam-free sites, so no worries there. If you roll over the covers, you can read the back of the packaging, and sometimes there is a list of the content. If you click on the title covers, additional scene stills will appear below and THEY ARE VERY VERY GRAPHIC.

Brain Damage Films

Enjoy...
    Welcome to FAD! And thanks!

kimba Guest
    You're not wrong.

OMG! That's hilarious...
    in such a death haggy way...

pvezz Guest

Brain Damage Films

Enjoy...

Welcome to the forum!

Can you explain how we access these? Is there a fee?

JabezHyde Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by pvezz View Post
    Welcome to the forum!

Can you explain how we access these? Is there a fee?

Yes, it's a pay site. I'm not trying to promote anything (TOS!) but you can join the site if you like. It is a good no-nonsense and honest company with a lot of video-on-demand sites. It looks like they still offer a free 10-minute membership. (If I still worked there, I would send you free access--lol)

I just intended to provide the list with the studios/distributors/titles that people may not know about.

pvezz Guest
    Yes, it's a pay site. I'm not trying to promote anything (TOS!) but you can join the site if you like. It is a good no-nonsense and honest company with a lot of video-on-demand sites. It looks like they still offer a free 10-minute membership. (If I still worked there, I would send you free access--lol)

I just intended to provide the list with the studios/distributors/titles that people may not know about.
    Thanks for the answer. No harm, no foul - just asking! Again, welcome!

43. 05-22-2009, 10:16 PM

JabezHyde Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael555 View Post
    Do you know if they have the Chubbuck footage!!! TELL THE DEATH HAGS!!!!
    Not that I know of. I haven't watched all of those titles, just parts. There's only so much GORN a girl can handle during one day's work. It was also a few years ago that I worked for the company. I do still have access to the site, but I am looking to enjoy the delicious lasagna I have made for dinner. I will not be watching them very soon! (At least not in the next week or so... ) Maybe I'll take one for the team and try...

Perdi Guest
    Not that I know of. I haven't watched all of those titles, just parts. There's only so much GORN a girl can handle during one day's work. It was also a few years ago that I worked for the company. I do still have access to the site, but I am looking to enjoy the delicious lasagna I have made for dinner. I will not be watching them very soon! (At least not in the next week or so... ) Maybe I'll take one for the team and try...

OK, so call me a naive wee chuchter (but not to my face - I upset easily and may cry!), but I have never heard that word before....AND I BLOODY LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!! Hello, my name's Perdi, I am a Death Hag and I love to watch Gorn!!!!!! LOVE IT!!! That's my new favourite word!!! .....welcome to the forum by the way, and thank you for the new word!!!!!

You know I have been thinking (I know...it was very painful and smelled slightly of Barbecue!) I don't think the footage exists outside of the family. If it did, in this world of the bottom line meaning everything, whatever station etc had it would have sold it to the highest bidder by now. I can't help thinking that the days when corporations gave a crap about peoples feelings are looooong gone, and if they thought they could make a few quid from the sale of the thing they would be quicker than a ferret out of a trouser leg!!

Maybe Greg Chubbock does still have the footage, and I can certainly understand why he might not want to be all sharey sharey with it.

...I swear, finding evidence of the existence of wee Nessie would be easier than finding this footage!!!

JabezHyde Guest
    OK, so call me a naive wee chuchter (but not to my face - I upset easily and may cry!), but I have never heard that word before....AND I BLOODY LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!! Hello, my name's Perdi, I am a Death Hag and I love to watch Gorn!!!!!! LOVE IT!!! That's my new favourite word!!! .....welcome to the forum by the way, and thank you for the new word!!!!!
    Nice to meet you, and I'm glad you like the word I use for being a naughty lookie-loo. You know, once you admit that you are powerless against Gorn, you have started the healing process.

Dixie Girl Guest
    I have ran a search and find no notations with Christine Chubbuck, Chris Chubbuck, or variations of such ideas. They have Banned in America and include clips, but I don't see one with her--have not found Banned in America yet.
    *user giggles at what has to be a delightfully D budget movie named "Rosemary's Gravy"*

annannanna Guest
    Gorn! That is the most awesome word! My favorite title was "More Than Smashed Pumpkins". Thanks for the links!

49. 05-23-2009, 05:24 PM

Seagorath Guest
    Just wanted to be the "refresher" of the Christine Chubbuck thread today...

Just wanted to be the "refresher" of the Christine Chubbuck thread today...

For fuck's sake Sea I thought there was a breakthrough for a moment then.

Lisamarie Guest
    me too I was like holy shit !!!!!!!

DexterKitty Guest
    Damn..... sssssssss...... there goes the air outta Dex's balloon again!!!!

54. 05-27-2009, 10:00 PM

Lisamarie Guest
    Im going to break into the news department and sit behind the desk recreate her last moments complete with special effects .... and do it for my fad family....I wont kill myself of course .....dark wig....Ill put some latex on my nose...

Waltham Abbey in Essex & Filey In Yorkshire UK

Oh Wow! I remember that play. I must have been about 13 and it was on a Sunday evening (after songs of praise!!)I remember they kept changing the scene to 2 old ladies eating the Chocolates and writing letters to the company with the Praise/complaints about the flavour if the choc's "My sister Milly was almost sick when she ate the Raspberry Ruffle" and "Milly was rapturous over the Turkish Delight!" and that they enjoyed the dead body flavours more than the dead cow flavours!

Sorry way off topic but I had to let you know that I remembered it.

Now back to the footage of Christine��..
    What? Still no pictures
    Oh dear!!!

57. 05-28-2009, 09:03 AM

Orleans Guest
    I'm posting here because I don't like seeing "666" as the number of replies, so I had to change it.

(oh, and also because I'm fascinated by Chris Chubbuck and need to check in for updates )

59. 05-28-2009, 05:13 PM