Page 53 of 63 FirstFirst ... 444515253545562 ... LastLast
Results 2,601 to 2,650 of 3141

Thread: Christine Chubbuck

So did anyone get the police report?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ScaryBilbo77 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Domino View Post
    So did anyone get the police report?
    I don't know about everyone else, but I didn't get it...

luckyinlove Guest
    Nope

ScaryBilbo77 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyinlove View Post
    Nope
    Paging Seagorath ...

I didn't get it either.

maybe the Star Whackers got him.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

wishfire Guest
    Haven't been on this thread in ages!

If any of you want, I can try to send it as well.. Just shoot me a PM with your email. I have the full thing -- from Seagorath -- from ages ago, so it'll be the same file.

(It's a ridiculous time in GMT so I'm headed to bed, but I'll send them out when I wake up.)

A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

ozzysmom Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ichabodius View Post

This is exciting!!!

The video of her suicide will never be seen even if any copy still exists in a playable form. It doesnt matter whether a grainy yellowed videographic documentation of Chris shooting herself is haunting the unexplored crevises of the deep dark web or has rotted crumbled and decayed into moldy warped fragments in a humid floridian garage carressed by the soft trampling feet of cockroaches and silverfish. If it was to meant to discovered and be seen it would have been seen by now. Blind men grope about in absolute darkness and filthy beggars dig through dirty vermin infested garbage to fondle and molest the debris of a life. Chris is so much more than bones missing video and speculation. Chris's life is a rich fantastic novel and the only thing anyone cares to read
    is the final period.

The video of her suicide will never be seen even if any copy still exists in a playable form. It doesnt matter whether a grainy yellowed videographic documentation of Chris shooting herself is haunting the unexplored crevises of the deep dark web or has rotted crumbled and decayed into moldy warped fragments in a humid floridian garage carressed by the soft trampling feet of cockroaches and silverfish. If it was to meant to discovered and be seen it would have been seen by now. Blind men grope about in absolute darkness and filthy beggars dig through dirty vermin infested garbage to fondle and molest the debris of a life. Chris is so much more than bones missing video and speculation. Chris's life is a rich fantastic novel and the only thing anyone cares to read
    is the final period.
    Correction....we do not call them cockroaches down here....we call them Palmetto bugs. Continue...please.
    To my Father. Even though you have crossed the plane, you will always be with me.
    You were not just my Father, but my hero. My life has been a poor attempt to be like you
    You taught me music, vocals, and how to fight. I can only hope I am half the man you are
    When I close my eyes I can see you. And finally, Thank you Dad. for everything.
    March 1934-July 2016

is the final period.
    I would say the novel ends with an exclamation point rather than a period.

Suicide aside, I don't personally find hers to be a particularly interesting story. Seems unlikely we would even know who she is if she hadn't killed herself.
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

Seagorath Guest
    Apologies on the Chubbuck files, gang. My computer has been slow. I will try to get them out tomorrow. Best, Sea

luckyinlove Guest
    I got my copy

weirdgurl Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcafgr View Post
    Correction....we do not call them cockroaches down here....we call them Palmetto bugs. Continue...please.

I guess 'amazing' is the wrong word, what I mean is 'mind blowing'... Kidding

What I meant was that it was strange that she decided to kill herself on-air, and she was able to bring a gun to work and to her news desk. And go through with it. I have to remember that things were a lot simpler back then, before 9/11 and before a lot of places of business and schools started having metal detectors.

Didn't think for a moment that Sea would let us down. or astray.

Have you guys ever heard of this?

"On the early morning of October 15, 1980, WCPO and most of its news staff became part of a major news story when James Hoskins seized control of WCPO's newsroom. Hoskins held reporter Elaine Green and her cameraman at gunpoint in the parking lot of WCPO's studios. He then forced his way into the newsroom and took seven more hostages."

No gore, he doesn't hurt anyone but his covered body is shown being removed from the building.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIYZ8dMQWjQ
    [SIGPIC]Morgan[/SIGPIC]

Shouldn't that be posted in the Police Blotter section.?

Makes you wonder if he knew or knew of Christine Chubbuck.

Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    Shouldn't that be posted in the Police Blotter section.?
    I really didn't think it warranted its own thread. I thought the connection to Christine could be made because he was upset about the media and depictions of violence.
    [SIGPIC]Morgan[/SIGPIC]

22. 10-08-2015, 05:17 AM
    Reason
    Dupes

23. 10-08-2015, 08:10 AM

24. 10-08-2015, 11:35 PM
    Reason
    Dupes

Darth Hager Guest
    Hey. I got nothing to offer but I want to thank you guys for one hell of an entertaining ride. I honestly just want to see some of her shows, especially the puppet shit. She just seems like a interesting human being and she deserves to not be swept away like her family has done.

xacavaba Guest
    Hi,

Have you ever tried or know this link?

http://tvnews.vanderbilt.edu/

If you search by "Chubbuck" there are some links to videos dated on 07/15/74 around 5pm, but seems that you have to purchase them paying. I guess that they are from a news program on other channel. I am from Europe (yes, that story arrived here too) and I don´t know if I can take them.

In that web there is another link for a beta version of a new

https://dev-tvnews.library.vanderbilt.edu/

You can find the same videos and you can watch by streaming if you belong to a sponsor.

Sorry if this information was publicated and is unuseful, but if it is new it could be interesting.

To moderators: I wrote this text before and they were deleted because, by error (mine), I did it for twice editing and posting again and I apology for it.

Quote Originally Posted by xacavaba View Post
    Hi,

Have you ever tried or know this link?

http://tvnews.vanderbilt.edu/

If you search by "Chubbuck" there are some links to videos dated on 07/15/74 around 5pm, but seems that you have to purchase them paying. I guess that they are from a news program on other channel. I am from Europe (yes, that story arrived here too) and I don´t know if I can take them.

In that web there is another link for a beta version of a new

https://dev-tvnews.library.vanderbilt.edu/

You can find the same videos and you can watch by streaming if you belong to a sponsor.

Sorry if this information was publicated and is unuseful, but if it is new it could be interesting.

To moderators: I wrote this text before and they were deleted because, by error (mine), I did it for twice editing and posting again and I apology for it.
    The tapes from Vanderbilt were taken from the local and network newscasts that aired on the local Nashville, Tennessee channels. Nashville is about 750 miles away from Sarasota, Florida ( where Chubbuck had killed herself on TV ). Of course the local Nashville stations such as WSM and WLAC as well as the ABC, CBS and NBC network newscast had covered the suicide since it was a major story at the time but for them to show the actual suicide on their airwaves...ah no. If any of those outlets did show Chubbuck pulling the trigger we would have seen the video of it by now.

xacavaba Guest
    If those videos are from other newscasts, as it seems, I don´t think that they show the trigger moment. But could be possible that they show some images or parts of videos just before the trigger moment. Of course, they could be videos only with a guy talking about it without showing anything.

29. 10-19-2015, 03:38 AM

Talking

Ok, bear with me I tend to ramble a bit. Last night I watched the movie The Gift. Great movie. The female lead is an actress named Rebecca Hall ( she looks alot like Mackenzie Phillips sans the acne) so I looked her up on imdb.com. I was looking to see what other movies she had been in and saw a movie in post-production due out in 2016 Christine. about Christine Chubbuck. So this means it is already filmed, still to be edited etc so maybe it will at least make it out on dvd, if big wigs decide it's too controversial for theaters. I know it's not like the real tape, but it is something. Oops almost forgot Michael C Hall (Dexter) is in it.

Last edited by cricket; 11-01-2015 at 02:44 PM.

Thanks Cricket, that is good to know. I'll watch for that one.

ScaryBilbo77 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael555 View Post
    The segments are only thirty seconds if I remember correctly from that site, and I believe pieces are featured in the Boulevard of Broken Dreams segment on Christine. Nothing at all to see.
    yep.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Z76...st=WL&index=73 This video shows a little bit of Christine (not THE video)

ScaryBilbo77 Guest
    Well, I've spent the past months looking on the deep web, and I haven't turned anything up yet, but I'm still hopeful... maybe the release of the film about CC will lead to someone finding the video?

fuqputin Guest

The first still published from the movie. I used to think there's no way this actress could become Christine. Well, turns out she is.

Also, imagine that: you go the cinema (or pop in the BlueRay), the movie's good, but we all know that as a death hag what you're really looking forward to is to see how they did the final scene. When it finally starts, you realize it's not Rebecca Hall anymore. It's Christine Chubbuck. It's THE footage. They found it, but kept it a secret until the release. She does her speech, pulls the trigger, falls down, camera fades to black, credits start rolling while you still can hear the screams of the shocked crew.

This would be beyond awesome. Just... extremely unlikely.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hall.jpg 
Views:	304 
Size:	280.0 KB 
ID:	53203  

Very unlikely but cool pic.

xacavaba Guest
    More images related

Was this a replica of the real dress in that day? I readed about it was white and black.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tumblr_nyzz4yzRWD1qh6myso1_500.jpg 
Views:	288 
Size:	46.1 KB 
ID:	53207   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KatePlaysChristine_414x227.jpg 
Views:	288 
Size:	69.8 KB 
ID:	53208  

Quote Originally Posted by xacavaba View Post
    More images related

Was this a replica of the real dress in that day? I readed about it was white and black.
    I could see that in a houndstooth pattern from styles of that era.

Quote Originally Posted by Aviatrix View Post
    I could see that in a houndstooth pattern from styles of that era.
    ETA: OK. The deathhag in me came out with a modified joke but totally probably offensive joke:

What's black and white and read all over?

Christine Chubbuck's Death Dress!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Aviatrix View Post
    ETA: OK. The deathhag in me came out with a modified joke but totally probably offensive joke:

What's black and white and read all over?

Christine Chubbuck's Death Dress!!!
    oooh you're so bad. lol

I'm glad to see they went with someone like Rebecca Hall, she's a good actress, she'll bring a lot more gravity to the role than the latest blonde bimbo.
    [SIGPIC]Morgan[/SIGPIC]

Seagorath Guest
    Attempted to pm this to Cynful, but my pm box was full. Apologies to FAD for not logging in since last year. I got busy with life stuff. Many folks have pmd me. Just had some stuff to deal with last year. I will get to a library tomorrow to get those documents. I will also "attempt" to forward them on my phone. Hope all is good. You can also friend me in Facebook, and I'm easier to reach that way. Best, Midas Wilder

AbrahamRiesman Guest
    Hello, all! My name is Abraham Riesman and I'm an editor at New York Magazine. I'm writing an article about the hunt for Christine Chubbuck's death video. Is there anyone here who'd be willing to do an email interview about the search and why you think the video is worth finding? You can reach me at abraham.riesman@nymag.com

Thanks!

some info on the two movies showing at Sundance ths week

http://news.yahoo.com/christine-chub...140600904.html

Quote Originally Posted by AbrahamRiesman View Post
    Hello, all! My name is Abraham Riesman and I'm an editor at New York Magazine. I'm writing an article about the hunt for Christine Chubbuck's death video. Is there anyone here who'd be willing to do an email interview about the search and why you think the video is worth finding? You can reach me at abraham.riesman@nymag.com

Thanks!
    Mr. Riesman is who he says he is and has Scott's permission to gather your opinions.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

talking to him on Monday Cindy, does anyone have anything they want me to mention?

Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    talking to him on Monday Cindy, does anyone have anything they want me to mention?
    That's great, pk!
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I have to bow to all of you and enjoy reading all the super sleuths here. I have only a small snippet to add: there is an article about Christine on Daily Mail and I thought this was interesting:

Her mother believed the lack of relationships sparked her daughter's depression. Ms Chubbuck was due to turn 30 as a virgin and had only been on two dates in her life.
    This is the first that I have heard of the virgin part!

Spliff Guest
    A movie, oh boy. I hope it doesn't suck.

Nah, should be interesting. I wonder how much Roberta Flack tunes will be in the soundtrack.

Hey Sea clear out your inbox Mr Reisman is trying to contact you.

Can't remember if these have been posted before

Last edited by pkstracy; 01-25-2016 at 12:35 PM.

Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.