Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Lisa Lopes

Grungegirl83 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by halogirl5 View Post
    This is not a thread about Layne Staley. No one is more 'deserving' than another when it comes to a tragic death. Please bear in mind that some people here might have been upset by your comment.

It seems that the people from the Layne thread do this in every other thread. Ignoring is a great strategy for these situations. Just because a person dies in a different way than another, does not mean that they are more deserving of media attention.

Flowergrrl Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisa03 View Post
    thanks- I thought I was missing something
    No problem Lisa. I've heard people say the same thing and I think to myself... WTH?!

In a Sea of Sorrow Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Grungegirl83 View Post
    It seems that the people from the Layne thread do this in every other thread. Ignoring is a great strategy for these situations. Just because a person dies in a different way than another, does not mean that they are more deserving of media attention.
    That comment from Mrs. Tingles was from almost a year ago. Why is it being rehashed?? If ignoring is a great strategy as you said yourself...why are you bringing it up 9 months after her comment??? Seems to me just a few months ago people were upset that MJ was stealing Farrah's death thunder. It is a ridiculous statement...

I really liked TLC's music. Waterfalls was a terrific song and video. I know they had inner turmoil, like many bands do, but it seems as though Lisa was trying to find herself and some inner peace. Just when it seemed she was on her way to being okay, tragedy strikes. I would love for the other 2 girls to do some more music. They were all talented in their own right. Seems a shame that Chili & T-Boz have been stagnant.

[quote=darock299;554145]there was a reality show on finding the 3rd girl to preform with tlc....never watched it...but was it just for the winner to preform 1 song or is the winner still in the g
    group?

never judge a person by there color...beauty's only skin deep
    I didn't watch the show either, but I remember bits about it. T-Boz and Chili were very adamant that they weren't looking for a replacement member because some people were highly pissed that they were doing the show at all. Some girl name O'So Krispie (I'm praying that some mock up name she was given) "won" and sang on a song that they released. I never heard the song but I know it tanked.

T-Boz and Chili have been pretty much adrift career wise since Lisa's death. I know the two of them have done a few concert dates as a duo and from what I understand, they bill themselves as TLC. I dunno...that seems kinda sad to me but hey, bills gotta be paid I guess.
    "You live alone, creating your life as you go." - Edie Sedgwick

Quote Originally Posted by RaRaRamona View Post
    Was the passenger able to get out? Or was the camera out on the ground? How horrible.
    Umm I'm really not sure. From what I heard only family and friends saw the video so their details were sparse (well for us DH's ) I believe all the others were able to get out somehow and were able to pick up the camera after they were out.

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    I wanna see, I wanna see!!!

Me tooo!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

bluebird14 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Miho View Post
    yep there is an unedited video that shows the girls getting out of the vehicle and running around outside when they realize that she is dead. I have heard it is very graphic and sad, but only a select few have ever seen it.

Oh sweet baby Jesus! Why would her family watch that?!?!? I could understand watching the whole thing up until the accident, but after she is lying there dying/dead...That image would be burned into your mind forever!

On a side note, I took a huge interest in numerology after watching the rockdoc.

Horrified B-Movie Victim Guest
    How wierd, I joined this site yesterday & after reading this topic really wanted to see her documentry she made when she died.........and now its playing on VH1 (in australia) You death hags must have telepathic powers or something, I like it

Why did they cut that part out of her face? It wasnt anything bad. She did have this look on her face like she saw it, she knew it was gonna happen, and it was ok. I dont think she was stoned, I could be wrong, but like what others said, it would have shown up in tox reports. I understand the tin looking suspicious though LOL. I liked TLC growing up alot. I felt their music was a good voice for girls. They spoke of strong women and being strong, not taking crap from anyone, and taking care of yourself.

Broomfield,Colorado. Originally from Meriden, CT.
    Okay, sorry to resurrect this thread, after awhile, but for some reason I was interested in watching the footage of the car crash. I watched the one that's on Scott's webpage and then I watched a few on Youtube, that were basically the same.
    I also have questions about what the (blank) was so important in that damn Coca Cola box, that Lopes had to take her eyes off the road and hand it to someone else. On one of the footages I watched, I could've sworn I heard one of the people in back say "hand me the cards." Or, it could've been Lopes saying "here are the cards", before she hands the box over. So, maybe there actually were some kind of cards in the box that have been mentioned before in this thread.
    "So many faces in and out of my life. Some will last, some will just be now and then. Life is a series of Hellos and Goodbyes, I'm afraid it's time for Goodbye again. "

Broomfield,Colorado. Originally from Meriden, CT.
    No, I wasn't just hearing things! At 2:00 in this Youtube video, one of the girls says "let me see the cards" and then Lopes hands them over.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MskZ...eature=related
    "So many faces in and out of my life. Some will last, some will just be now and then. Life is a series of Hellos and Goodbyes, I'm afraid it's time for Goodbye again. "

endsleigh03 Guest
    The girl in the backseat says let me see the cards and Lisa hands them back.
    They start to wreck directly after when she turns back around.

So much for it being a drug box.
    Last edited by endsleigh03; 07-24-2010 at 10:28 AM.

ktkatinmn Guest
    Today's the 10th Anniversary of her passing? She died 2 days before my BF ~ I totally missed that she had died until about 2 years later.

Rest in Peace - Left Eye!

gas_chick Guest
    TMZ is reporting that T-Boz and Chilli are planning to tour and bring a hologram of Left-Eye with them. Today marks the 10th Anniversary of her death. Can't believe it has been that long.

ryanolivia Guest
    God! I hope that is a joke. That is the tackiest, fucking thing I have ever heard.

I have always found Lisa's death very haunting. Not sure why exactly? I was never a fan of their music. Maybe because I saw the video footage of the accident? Maybe that is why it's so chilling to me.
    Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils.

endsleigh03 Guest
    As far as turning her into a hologram to tour with wouldn't they have to get permission from her family to do this? Rights to her image and all that.

I'm assuming they had to do that with Tupac and the others as well.

lisalouver Guest
    RIP, Left eye

MorbidChrissy Guest
    Wow, I didn't know it was already 10 years.

RIP

I know that when I discovered FAD, I wound up reading all the celebrity death entries. Even the ones I didn't know I found interesting. Seems like the video was on the article then (if it wasn't I found it) and being all DH all the time, I watched it over and over. I remember one of my daughters (they're grown) asking me what I'd found so interesting, so I told her. She didn't even watch it once, she just left my room muttering, "That's just weird." And you know, I thought it was kind of weird that she didn't want to see it. Something very (invasive but) fascinating about seeing someone's last moments like that.

We are a strange but wonderful lot, ya know it?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul! (Invictus)
    (And Timothy McVeigh's last words...)

That video of the accident is always so chilling to me. I remember watching that documentary on VH1, the whole thing was so interesting, and that accident was so tragic. I agree, the look she gives the camera is pretty eerie. RIP Lisa, you are missed

Quote Originally Posted by "What Tha....?" View Post
    No, I wasn't just hearing things! At 2:00 in this Youtube video, one of the girls says "let me see the cards" and then Lopes hands them over.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MskZ...eature=related
    She does say let me see the cards, I had my head phones on and had it up and yep you can hear the woman in the back seat say Let me see the cards.

Just fyi- Her documentary is on VH1 right now. You're welcome.

Cayley Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Miho View Post
    Actually she was wearing a seltbelt (the only one in the van who did) the thing was the only selt belts that they had in that van were the lap ones. Maybe if she had a shoulder belt she could have lived? It was such a bizarre accident. Everyone else was barely injured, but she passed away.
    She wasn't wearing any type of seat belt. It you watch the film and slow it frame by frame, there is a clear shot of the seat belt buckle and the seat belt is not engaged. Lap or otherwise.

stacebabe Guest
    Of course they're going to hologram her. T-Boz needs to pay for her 2005 Honda.

http://www.tmz.com/2012/05/24/t-boz-...ossession-tlc/

Mammy Guest
    What a fall from the top to the bottom! I know they aren't popular anymore, but I remember them being really popular when my now adult daughters were in elementary school. They had to have made a lot of money in their peak and now she can't make the payments on a seven year old mini van? That's ridiculous!

YuukaK Guest
    Mammy: Wow, the minivan is that old and not paid off? I guess she wasted whatever money she had and didn't save for a rainy day huh?

On another note: I think my favorite TLC song was always Unpretty because a lot of it rings true. The chorus especially touched something in me.

Mammy Guest
    Rather amazing, huh? I know she isn't popular now, but they had to have made quite a bit of cash in their heyday. She obviously wasted her portion.

radiojane Guest
    Yeah they were mega popular when I was about 10.

What gets me is she couldn't be bothered to complete the bankruptcy paperwork. Get your shit together lady!

Mammy Guest
    I noticed that, too. If I had creditors hounding me and wanting to cart off my possessions, I could definitely make the time to do the paperwork so they would leave me alone.

YuukaK Guest
    She probably has that 'I'm a celebrity and above all this' attitude. Who knows what some people think of when they get all that money.

radiojane Guest
    Or she's been coddled for the last 20 years, hasn't had to handle anything on her own, and now that the money has dried up, the lackeys are gone and she's completely incapable of coping on her own.

eyelovelefteye Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Flowergrrl View Post
    When she gave her sister the box she wasn't paying attention and lost control of the vehicle.

You can tell while the camera is still pointing towards the rear seat that the car is starting to swerve.
    That is wrong.
    I don't mean to be a smart ass, but:
    They were driving to go to a beach that was gonna have a party, food (etc)
    They were driving behind this truck that was carrying produce & it suddenly stopped. (keep in mind that in Honduras the roads are not paved & they have no speed limits) Lisa turned to pass the truck but there was a car going CRAZY FAST in the next lane when she turned on it, so she swerved off the road to avoid a head on collision. The gears locked up & the car flipped throwing Lisa out of the car. The car landed upside down in a creek (One of Lisa's favorite spots tragically/ironically) Lisa was killed of impact from cranial damage. Even though it was obvious how she passed, all of Honduran deaths that aren't natural require an autopsy, so they performed one on her(which there are apparently photos of too) & then her brother flew her to Georgia where they had her funeral. I've heard different things that make no sense about her funeral though. From the photos we've seen she was obviously buried in her favorite Paul Frank pajamas you can see her wearing LIVING here(More upon request):

But her mother has been quoted saying how beautiful her daughter looked in her casket & that she wore a white dress & her hair done nicely but i don't know.
    Also Lisa didn't kill the boy, her assistant was driving at nighttime (Lisa was in the passenger seat) & she stopped to let a group of kids cross the street, "Lopez" was lagging & so when she thought they were finished crossing she started driving and hit the boy. Lisa paid for all of his medical bills & his funeral. She kept his shoes & felt a spirit was chasing her & killed him on accident. She also had a 2 premonitions about her death, one right before going to Honduras,but I'll post more about that later. + It was weeks between her death & the boy's. Not days like the documentary makes it seem.
    Anyways I'm sorry if this info has been posted before I haven't read the whole thread. I hope this helps! x

eyelovelefteye Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by "What Tha....?" View Post
    Okay, sorry to resurrect this thread, after awhile, but for some reason I was interested in watching the footage of the car crash. I watched the one that's on Scott's webpage and then I watched a few on Youtube, that were basically the same.
    I also have questions about what the (blank) was so important in that damn Coca Cola box, that Lopes had to take her eyes off the road and hand it to someone else. On one of the footages I watched, I could've sworn I heard one of the people in back say "hand me the cards." Or, it could've been Lopes saying "here are the cards", before she hands the box over. So, maybe there actually were some kind of cards in the box that have been mentioned before in this thread.
    They were numerology cards

Lisa was very involved with numerology & astrology & that's why she named her first album 'Supernova'.

Interesting enough (I don't know if you believe in numerology), but she was brought into this world on the number 9 (May 27th 1971- 2+7=9) which is the highest number of change in numerology. She died on April 25th 2002 the 27th day of filming her documentary(2+7=9) crazy huh?

RebelRocker Guest
    i want to see these autopsy photos anyone have a link?

waterfalls, no scrubs, red light special, baby baby baby, there were a bunch of good songs they made.

Quote Originally Posted by RebelRocker View Post
    i want to see these autopsy photos anyone have a link?

waterfalls, no scrubs, red light special, baby baby baby, there were a bunch of good songs they made.
    I don't think they are photos per se, but pull up her page on the FAD main page and Scott has her pj photo.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

RebelRocker Guest
    yeah i seen that one.

I think that the death of Left Eye is one of the most shocking deaths in music history. I watched the mention of her death in "100 shocking moments in music history" and it was heartbreaking to see Chilli and T-Boz after Left Eye´s death...
    When God goes to bed every night, he prays to CM Punk.

lisalouver Guest
    Thinking about Left Eye today and the performance of Waterfalls at the AMA's last week...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEPhkF6Fd6Y

I wish they would have not done it. The gal Lil Mama, she can rap, but no one can do that song like Lisa

Tionne looked bloated and seriously out of breath (I know she claims to have gained 100 lbs due to a brain tumor and lost most of it) but she looked unhealthy and out of shape

Rozonda looked as if she didnt want to be there.

Quote Originally Posted by endsleigh03 View Post
    I watched the VH1 Rock Doc on Lisa Lopes again the other night...did anyone besides me think she had a funny look on her face as she was looking at the camera just seconds before she wrecked the vehicle? What was that?
    ​I did. She knew. The whole thing was spooky.

1karenhb Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by lisalouver View Post
    Thinking about Left Eye today and the performance of Waterfalls at the AMA's last week...

I wish they would have not done it. The gal Lil Mama, she can rap, but no one can do that song like Lisa
    Thanks for the link lisalouver. I love that song but they all looked like they were half asleep.
    Tionne looked bloated and seriously out of breath (I know she claims to have gained 100 lbs due to a brain tumor and lost most of it) but she looked unhealthy and out of shape

Thanks for the link lisalouver. I love that song but they all look like they are half asleep
    Last edited by 1karenhb; 11-30-2013 at 02:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by endsleigh03 View Post
    I watched the VH1 Rock Doc on Lisa Lopes again the other night...did anyone besides me think she had a funny look on her face as she was looking at the camera just seconds before she wrecked the vehicle? What was that?
    I just watched it (Thanks, YouTube!) and no, I do not think she has a funny look on her face. The look on her face is consistent with how she'd been looking into camera all throughout filming that documentary of herself. To me it just looks like she's flirting with the camera again.

Driving one-handed while fondling that Coca-Cola tin, making eyes at the camera, reaching into the back seat to pass the tin: She was simply not paying enough attention to the road. That is all.

Quote Originally Posted by lisalouver View Post

Don't forget T-Boz has sickle cell anemia. That stuff is reeeally hard on ppl's bodies. I have a friend who has it. He has to get frequent blood transfusions and is in a lot of pain the majority of the time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Mammy View Post
    What a fall from the top to the bottom! I know they aren't popular anymore, but I remember them being really popular when my now adult daughters were in elementary school. They had to have made a lot of money in their peak and now she can't make the payments on a seven year old mini van? That's ridiculous!
    They were screwed out of most of their earnings by their first manager Pebbles Reid.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by 1karenhb View Post
    Thanks for the link lisalouver. I love that song but they all look like they are half asleep
    I know. I was really disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by RosiesRed View Post
    Don't forget T-Boz has sickle cell anemia. That stuff is reeeally hard on ppl's bodies. I have a friend who has it. He has to get frequent blood transfusions and is in a lot of pain the majority of the time.
    Oh I know she has it, its well known.

That being said, I suspect that her lethargy has more to do with her weight than the sickle cell.

She used to be beautiful and energetic. It seems she has lost of all that. Makes me sad.

45. 12-02-2013, 09:03 PM

I wasn't a fan of Lisa Lopes and don't know all that much about her but I watched the video of the accident. I can't remember the look on her face before it happened, I just remembered thinking how tragic it was to lose another young life in such a horrible way. RIP Lisa.

Been catching up with the Autopsy: Last hours of episodes. Lisa's was pretty interesting. At the very end of the video filmed in the car there was a flash of something red in the corner. looked like she might have swerved to avoid another vehicle.

Quote Originally Posted by smg View Post
    Been catching up with the Autopsy: Last hours of episodes. Lisa's was pretty interesting. At the very end of the video filmed in the car there was a flash of something red in the corner. looked like she might have swerved to avoid another vehicle.
    What if? Wow.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by smg View Post
    Watch the documentary The Last Days Of Left Eye. You can see it on YouTube, very haunting. It has always disturbed me that of the 8 people that were in that SUV she was the only one to lose her life.
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

I know Manfield it is weird that she was the only one to die. I love the songs Unpretty and Waterfalls.

I've always loved Waterfalls, beautiful song. In the last seconds of the video she looks into the camera, she has a knowing look on her face. Very eerie.
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.