Thread: The Phoenix Chopper Crash Video

jennidianne Guest

The Phoenix Chopper Crash Video

Here is the actual broadcast from one of the choppers that crashed in the mid-air collision in Phoenix last month. If you listen closely, you can hear the reporter screaming in agony as the news anchor talks over the top of him and the station tries to mute the chopper feed..

"oh geez!"
    (a moment later)
    "Aaaaaa.... "(fades out)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=G8IYiSQF1...related&search=

xenaswolf Guest
    Wow! That will give ya shivers!

That happened in my neighborhood.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]peek-a-boo!!

Mavros Guest
    I live in Phoenix, and was interrupted by that police chase that day. I thought it was the usual (dumb guy runs, dumb guy crashes, dumb guy gets arrested) ho hum... so I went about flipping channels to see if any of the other networks were covering the dumb thing. As far as I can tell, only Fox was broadcasting live, the Fox pilot witnessed the crash, and kind of broke down, and couldn't talk anymore. If Channel 15 was live that day, that video clip is all there was, because, before and after it happened, I was bouncing about the networks to see who else was live, and no one else was. I think everyone at the TV stations knew who was down, but they had to inform the families of the victims before they made it public.

The D.A here later said something about possibly charging "dumb guy" for the deaths, but I haven't heard much about it, since.

rjbrasher Guest

rjbrasher Guest
    i noticed if you watch the video after the oh geeze you can see the chopper nose diving, if you do frame by frame you can see the ground getting closer and closer. freaky man. fuck i hate flying lol
    Last edited by rjbrasher; 10-12-2007 at 11:01 PM.

kelbons Guest
    That is so freakin' scary! I'd say after that that one helicopter covering it would be more than enough! Better yet... leave it to the police!

Mavros Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by kelbons View Post
    That is so freakin' scary! I'd say after that that one helicopter covering it would be more than enough! Better yet... leave it to the police!
    Scary and Crazy. There were at least 5 helicopters covering itā??PLUS the police 'copterā??just for news coverage!

But, I wonder... if they died for pictures, did they die for art?

rjbrasher Guest
    i cant imagine.

Boxofpandoraz Guest
    Unbelievable...I can't imagine trying to be calm and collected like that newscaster was when you just heard that awful sound of impact live. *shivers*

Lisamarie Guest
    wow that scream is really horrible!!! I listened again and again and he just sounds like he is in agony ! How awful....Im a traffic reporter and go up sometimes...this scares me ...I mean Jane Dorknacker sounds calm compared to this. I wish it was alittle clearer ...the ancor did a good job staying calm cause I would have been like holy shit!!!!!!

onehunglow Guest

I guess Jeryy Foster and Sky12 retired

Jerry Foster was amazing. The rescues on the salt etc. Guess he went the way of Bill Close and Dewy Hopper. Then there was Linda Alvereazzzzzzzz/

onehunglow Guest

Goes with the job

Try a war zone.

Does anyone from LA remember when Bruce Wayne, a traffic reporter aka "KFI in the Sky," was killed in an airplane crash? That was one that was absolutely unbelievable to me because I felt like I knew him because I listened to his traffic reports for years and years.

BTW, check out this link, which features celebrities who were killed in air crashes:

http://hottimescoolplaces.com/airceleb.htm

God, I love the internet!
    Any day above ground is a good day.

Now the family of Krolak is suing.

http://www.azcentral.com/community/p...CrashSuit.html
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]"Being Dead: It Can Really Take a Toll on Your Social Life"

Seagorath Guest
    Wow, thanks for posting! I've gotta watch that again and pause it.

Here's other vantage points...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76kDK...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27aEB-k4wg8&NR=1
    Last edited by Seagorath; 08-01-2008 at 06:57 PM.

AmyWinelake Guest
    This is the first time I've seen these vids...wow...could you imagine being on one of those? On second thoughts I'm blanking that from my mind...am terrified of flying enough as it is

Seagorath Guest
    It's tragic and fascinating. That chopper reporter was alive and doing his job...and then BOOM!...he's dead. Life can be cruel...

Quote Originally Posted by AmyWinelake View Post
    This is the first time I've seen these vids...wow...could you imagine being on one of those? On second thoughts I'm blanking that from my mind...am terrified of flying enough as it is

Guest Guest

wow

i member that day... i live in AZ and it has been over a year since that happened. it was crazy... i still go to youtube and you can hear the scream. it is weird how the anchor seems so composed while this is going down....

that makes me go hmmmmmmm...

Here is an animation now of the crash
    http://www.azcentral.com/video/?type...oID=1196376511
    Last edited by Ferguson; 07-27-2009 at 01:47 PM. Reason: I screwed up

SueWahoo Guest
    That was really cool, Ferguson. Thanks!

pattykad Guest
    Very interesting!

That's kind of eerie, how they use the audio from the newscast until the helicopters collide, then it just goes to SILENCE as they come together and drop to the ground.

I love a good chopper crash. Way better than aircraft because it seems it is happening in slow motion.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

Jesus that chopper needed some serious flying lessons. He was all over the friggen place while the Channel 3 chopper was stationary. That guy screwed up hardcore and flew right into him like he never even saw him.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

MissJames Guest
    great update Fergie...thanks

Lisamarie Guest
    I was just thinking of this the other day as I watched one land across the street.....the way the guy screams just gets to me...its so blood curdling ! You cannot fske that type of terroe and pain. scary!!!

Well next time I have to vist Vancouver think I'll
    take the train.
    I hate to fly.

Nicki Guest
    Can't find the original video that was the first part of this thread....Where the guy screams? Guess it was removed. Darn!

Quote Originally Posted by Nicki View Post
    Can't find the original video that was the first part of this thread....Where the guy screams? Guess it was removed. Darn!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0wPrf6aCBU

Here's a working one!

Nicki Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Lacrymae View Post
    Thanks so much....didn't really hear that much screaming. Still.. oh my gosh, That is so horribly tragic.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicki View Post
    Thanks so much....didn't really hear that much screaming. Still.. oh my gosh, That is so horribly tragic.

Yeah I am not so sure about the scream... sounded like shearing metal to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Inked_Daddy View Post
    Yeah I am not so sure about the scream... sounded like shearing metal to me.
    Listen at the 40 sec mark...you have to ignore the reporter talking over it. But at that second you hear a faint, horrifying scream that fades out pretty fast. I don't think it's shearing metal, personally.
    Last edited by Lady_Lacrymae; 07-30-2009 at 09:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Lacrymae View Post
    Listen at the 40 sec mark...you have to ignore the reporter talking over it. But at that second you hear a faint, horrifying scream that fades out pretty fast. I don't think it's shearing metal, personally.
    LOL
    no, definitely a man screaming "aaaaahhh"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Lisamarie Guest
    its soooo creepy!!!! Its just blood curdling!!!! It soubds like he is in such pain and terror!!!! It totally creeps me out ! Poor bastard!!!

Check this perspective out...this is what hurt me the most....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27aEB-k4wg8

Frazzzld Kat Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferguson View Post
    Check this perspective out...this is what hurt me the most....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27aEB-k4wg8
    This one is sad in the fact that he witnessed it and knowing that it could have easily been him. He starts to hyperventilate as he is trying to report what just happened. Poor guy! He most likely knew the guys that perished too

Lisamarie Guest
    wow thats so freaky man...just listening to this poor guy.

I was working just to the south of the park where this happened and heard the crash. I didn't see anything but had heard the helicopters flying around before the crash. My parents also knew both of the pilots and were at the memorial service for those killed in the crash.

Here is a animation video recreating the accident from different perspectives with actual audio.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iybx-...eature=related
    Cindy

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Ghost View Post
    I was working just to the south of the park where this happened and heard the crash. I didn't see anything but had heard the helicopters flying around before the crash. My parents also knew both of the pilots and were at the memorial service for those killed in the crash.
    How sad for your parents. I bet that is one sound that you won't forget.
    Cindy

Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    How sad for your parents. I bet that is one sound that you won't forget.
    I was with a few people I worked with and we were taking a break outside as one of them smoked. We didn't know the sound we heard was two helicopters crashing until a little later. There is a busy street there called Indian School Road and we just thought we were hearing another car accident at 3rd St & Indian School Road or 7th Street and Indian School Road. There are accidents at both intersections all the time.